WIll warranty transfer on used Lincoln Navigator

I saw a 2018 Lincoln Navigatorwith less than 10,000 miles advertised by a Ford dealer.  When I asked if it was a CPO vehicle and would the warranty transfer the sales person replied they were no longer a Lincoln dealer and no warranty came with the car.  Sales person said I couild buy a warranty but when I emailed back for details I got no response.

Is this correct that a used vehicle offered by a Ford dealer no longer carries the original warranty that would still be in effect.   Warranty will not transfer?

Thanks for help

Hi tlee01.  What akirby stated. You still would have the remainder of the 4 year/50,000 mile Bumper to Bumper and 6 year/70,000 mile Powertrain Warranties (beginning from the in-service/purchase date of the original buyer). And even better, it will not be a CPO warranty. It is the original factory warranty. That would apply even if you were purchasing the Navigator from your neighbor, a stranger, a Chevy dealer, Toyota dealer etc..

That sales person was either uninformed, or worse, trying to rip you off by selling you an unnecessary warranty.

The only exception would be if the vehicle had a salvage title or some other limitation which voided/cancelled the Factory Warranty.  But that would need to be clearly disclosed to you.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

8 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi tlee01.  What akirby stated. You still would have the remainder of the 4 year/50,000 mile Bumper to Bumper and 6 year/70,000 mile Powertrain Warranties (beginning from the in-service/purchase date of the original buyer). And even better, it will not be a CPO warranty. It is the original factory warranty. That would apply even if you were purchasing the Navigator from your neighbor, a stranger, a Chevy dealer, Toyota dealer etc..

That sales person was either uninformed, or worse, trying to rip you off by selling you an unnecessary warranty.

The only exception would be if the vehicle had a salvage title or some other limitation which voided/cancelled the Factory Warranty.  But that would need to be clearly disclosed to you.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

My guess is this.

2 hours ago, MKZMark said:

The sooner they separate Ford and Lincoln dealerships the better IMO. A lot of them have no idea how to sell a luxury car and have been in business so long they have no desire to learn.

Hi MKZMark. I agree with you about the Dealership separation issue.

However, this is not even a Lincoln versus Ford, luxury versus non-luxury thing.  This is a clueless salesperson (or outright lying) issue. Even if it was a 2018 Ford with 10,000 miles, the same Warranty information would apply to a Ford vehicle. The only change would be the warranty would be Ford's 3 years/36,000 Bumper to Bumper and 5 years/60,000 miles Powertrain instead of Lincoln's longer warranty.

I don't like to cast aspersions if I was not there to hear what was said, but I tend to agree with Gurgeh.  Unless there is a misunderstanding, that salesperson knew what they said was incorrect and was trying to sell an unnecessary extended warranty. And unfortunately, that sometimes even happens in a luxury dealership. :banghead:

Edited by bbf2530

13 hours ago, MKZMark said:

The sooner they separate Ford and Lincoln dealerships the better IMO. A lot of them have no idea how to sell a luxury car and have been in business so long they have no desire to learn.

The mega-low-mart Ford store I refuse to go to bought out our freestanding family runLincoln store nearly a decade ago.  I just noticed tonight that they’re converting their old Porsche store (they built a new one) into a freestanding Lincoln. Hopefully their staff will be better than their Ford staff.