Ordered: 2020 Aviator

3 minutes ago, msm859 said:

Congrats.  Although I thought the Black Label was late summer build and they would not open up the scheduling until they had the "OK" to build?   I thought May 6 was Job 1.

Dealer said they don’t have OKTB yet; but that’s what it shows in their computer system(Smart Vincent if I remember correctly); I’m sure the timeline could change though, but I’m hoping to have it by the end of July at the latest. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 9:39 PM, npnelson said:

Great question - Their service department does good work and they have taken good care of me on the service side (in some part due to the fact that I buy new cars there too). Geography also plays a big role. So, I view it as the best of bad options and I'm willing to suck up a sub-par buying experience in exchange for years of a decent service experience. 

On 5/10/2019 at 9:04 AM, crozdub115 said:

Hopefully production stays somewhat on schedule, i'm really chomping at the bit.

I don’t think I’ll see mine before late July. 

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Bellanca said:

Well I’m ordering a new Aviator. They added an option for a full rear console and it can’t be added to the one I ordered. I just hope it doesn’t push the date back too far. 

That's odd that it can't be added to one you ordered already, unless they're not ready/don't have the console parts ready by when yours was to be built.

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

That's odd that it can't be added to one you ordered already, unless they're not ready/don't have the console parts ready by when yours was to be built.

Yeah I asked if it could and he said it’s too late at this time. I’m just wondering how many people ordered one thinking this came standard? They’re going to be disappointed when theirs comes in and it has the standard rear console. 

3 minutes ago, Bellanca said:

Yeah I asked if it could and he said it’s too late at this time. I’m just wondering how many people ordered one thinking this came standard? They’re going to be disappointed when theirs comes in and it has the standard rear console. 

Wait, I'm confused - there are two different consoles?

The standard console is basically just a dual cup holder that sits on the floor vs the option ( free?) that has a full console with armrest/storage, etc. I thought I was getting the premium console, but looks like mine will prob come with the standard 'console'. I'm fine with it though. I have 2 young children, that premium console is just another place for them to leave a mess in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crozdub115 said:

The standard console is basically just a dual cup holder that sits on the floor vs the option ( free?) that has a full console with armrest/storage, etc. I thought I was getting the premium console, but looks like mine will prob come with the standard 'console'. I'm fine with it though. I have 2 young children, that premium console is just another place for them to leave a mess in.

Interesting.  I thought there was only one console (the one with a full armrest).

5 minutes ago, Bellanca said:

You and me both. 

The revised console options are now on Aviator's build and price if anyone wants to see the difference.  There doesn't appear to be an extra charge for it.  You only get the side interior cutaway view of it, though.  It includes Full Rear Console with Panoramic Vista Roof® Shade Controls and Two (2) standard USB Ports

Full Rear Console with Rear Seat Command and Control

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

It just means his order was too far along in the process to be modified.  You can always cancel it and put in a new order but that starts the clock over.

• Like 1