Ordered: 2020 Aviator

3 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Agreed, I was just clarifying when the 6-month clock started for him. He never exaggerated the timeframe.  Of course, now that he's 3+ months after build, it IS getting a bit ridiculous.

HRG

I have a pet peeve about misinformation.   A prospective Aviator purchaser might see that and think that if they order an Aviator today it might take 6 months.

4 hours ago, Littlematty said:

Was hoping someone by now would have gotten their Aviator. That being said a new vehicle platform does take time to work out the issues so delays should be expected, but quality shouldn’t be ignored as it seems to still be an issue.

I guess that is the silver lining of not being too anxious.  I am going to wait until the GT is out and real world reviews along with an actual test drive before I consider buying.  Went to the LA auto show last year to see the official introduction - it is taking a while.

10 hours ago, Littlematty said:

Was hoping someone by now would have gotten their Aviator. That being said a new vehicle platform does take time to work out the issues so delays should be expected, but quality shouldn’t be ignored as it seems to still be an issue.

There are some out there, we have a silver one in town, and a white one was sold to ?  We are a tiny market.  You probably will only see 1 in every 1000 Lincoln buyers participating here.  Many view but don't say anything.

This shouldn’t have left the factory. They should be embarrassed. I could very easily go pick up a Velar but I have my heart set on the Aviator. However when the day comes to pick it up if the panels aren’t matching there is no way in hell that I’m going to buy it. That would be absurd. I’ll gladly take it while they build me a new one though. 

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2019/09/13/ford-2020-explorer-lincoln-aviator-delivery/2292795001/

Dealers in different parts of the country confirm they’ve been notified of delays because of “manufacturing issues,” leading one dealership to say the team has had to “pacify” frustrated customers who have spent significant dollars on preorders. No one from corporate is providing details, said a Ford source outside Michigan, who asked that he not be identified because it would anger folks in Dearborn. “We usually learn stuff from the news media.” 

Some of the vehicles already have been recalled, including from dealer lots. 

'They're not telling us'

The waiting continues for dealers around the United States.

“We’ve been experiencing this for some time," said Jim Seavitt, president and owner of Village Ford in Dearborn. "We got 10 in last week and have 18 in all. We should have far more.” 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Willwll313wll said:

Is it just me or has Ford and Lincoln had product launch issues for half a decade now?

Seems to have started with the 2013 Fusion/MKZ.   They also had to ship those to Flat Rock to replace headlamps.

I think this is just trying to do things too quickly with not enough trained folks.

On 9/12/2019 at 11:02 AM, akirby said:

I have a pet peeve about misinformation.   A prospective Aviator purchaser might see that and think that if they order an Aviator today it might take 6 months.

You never know sir, it just might,,,,,,

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2019/09/13/ford-2020-explorer-lincoln-aviator-delivery/2292795001/

HRG

31 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I know there were problems with those produced before OK TO BUY, but haven't they been worked out by now... or are flawed units still rolling of the line to the repair lots?  Are retail orders being shipped or have they canceled the OKTB due to ongoing problems?

Edited by CoolScoop

3 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Well if some of the workers want to make a lot of money they are offering 12 hours shifts 7 days / week.  With overtime that should be @ triple their normal salary!  

4 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

I know there were problems with those produced before OK TO BUY, but haven't they been worked out by now... or are flawed units still rolling of the line to the repair lots?  Are retail orders being shipped or have they canceled the OKTB due to ongoing problems?

O2B was give. Mid June..  there are a ton of orders through end of June that were retail orders still sitting as "in productuon"... yes, over 2 months this way.  Just go look at the Ford tracking forum.

The worst part of it all is Ford isnt saying a damn word to anyone..  

Might be why  David Woodhouse left after creating a master piece.  Management wanted it pushed through despite issues with the new equipment and staff to build it.  He knew it was going to be ganked up and did not want to be part of it.   They will get it right, just might take a minute.  If the CAP production coach is reading this forum, remember slow is steady, steady is fast, ask Jamie over at KC about it.  

Well as much as I wanted an Aviator, I found a Platinum Expedition fully loaded for 6415 off MSRP plus an additional 6500 in rebates (2250 rcc, 1250 fmc cash, 3000 pco on Expedition only). Financially couldn't pass that up. It isn't as sexy as the Aviator GT that I was lusting after, but all the delays and low inventory leading to high asking prices made the decision easier.

Maybe in a few when we replace our MkC things will be settled down, of course by then we may go BEV.

44 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

Well as much as I wanted an Aviator, I found a Platinum Expedition fully loaded for 6415 off MSRP plus an additional 6500 in rebates (2250 rcc, 1250 fmc cash, 3000 pco on Expedition only). Financially couldn't pass that up. It isn't as sexy as the Aviator GT that I was lusting after, but all the delays and low inventory leading to high asking prices made the decision easier.

Maybe in a few when we replace our MkC things will be settled down, of course by then we may go BEV.

Congrats...  Expeditions are awesome and you won't regret it.  We put 160K trouble free miles on our '98 1st Gen and traded it for our current 2nd Gen.  Great vacation vehicle for long road trips!!  I got the 3K Expy only personel cash offer also and thought hard about getting a 3rd Gen instead of ordering an Aviator, but couldn't locate a '19 equipped like we wanted.

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1