Ordered: 2020 Aviator

I did think there was more options for the instrument cluster but there appears to be only one or two different styles unless I’m missing something. Kind of easy to get lost in the menus. And no fault of Lincoln’s but I forgot how much I hate programming my Genie garage door opener with the homelink. I still couldn’t get it to work so I gave up for today haha. 

I drove an Aviator Black Label over the weekend myself and loved it.

I'd agree that the gauge menus are confusing and layered.  I also was thrown off by the steering wheel's toggle selectors, which don't push in for ok, you have to toggle it right for "OK" which is kind of un-intuitive.

One feature I did think was really cool (and an idea I had years ago) - when you turn on the windshield washers, the stream doesn't spray all over the windshield from nozzles under the hood, it comes out from the edge of the entire length both wiper blades.  A really neat touch.

• Like 2

Test drove a fully loaded Aviator fresh off the truck this morning. Fully loaded for Canada I mean. For some reason, Black Label isn’t offered here and really, for $90K I kind of expect an alcantara headliner and stitched dash top. Crappy plastic dash top is glaring actually and out of place IMHO.

there was a sticker indicating 77 miles had been put on it at the factory. Seems excessive but there didn’t seem to be any quality issues; little dirt on the inside here and there, including on the light headliner!

Ride quality with the air suspension didn’t blow me away as being terribly different than my MKX.  Heads up display for me was a big wow-factor as were the soft close doors... how luxurious.  All switches I touched felt high quality, which isn’t something I can say about the MKX. 

All in in all I feel it’s a logical upgrade from the MKX. Can’t wait to take delivery whenever my order shows up. 

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I drove an Aviator Black Label over the weekend myself and loved it.

I'd agree that the gauge menus are confusing and layered.  I also was thrown off by the steering wheel's toggle selectors, which don't push in for ok, you have to toggle it right for "OK" which is kind of un-intuitive.

One feature I did think was really cool (and an idea I had years ago) - when you turn on the windshield washers, the stream doesn't spray all over the windshield from nozzles under the hood, it comes out from the edge of the entire length both wiper blades.  A really neat touch.

I’m slowly adjusting to the controls, I too wanted to push for okay. I do like that the controls stay hidden. I did notice that for some reason my phone does not show up as a music source when using the steering wheel controls; not sure what that’s about. 

Another question maybe someone can answer for me; just driving in normal, sometimes the speed will be indicated in a large number in the center of the speedometer, other times it’s a little number on the outside that follows the needle. Not sure if this is a glitch of some sort as I have no control over what it does. So, is there a way to specify just having the large number?

Edited by Bellanca

1 hour ago, Bellanca said:

Another question maybe someone can answer for me; just driving in normal, sometimes the speed will be indicated in a large number in the center of the speedometer, other times it’s a little number on the outside that follows the needle. Not sure if this is a glitch of some sort as I have no control over what it does. So, is there a way to specify just having the large number?

Did you check the owner’s manual?

I’ve noticed it moves over to the side if there is an alert.  The alert goes to the middle and the speed to the right, is that what’s happening?

i have notices that sometimes when I change the station from the screen, there is slow response or sometimes even no response.  I feel sync 3 has minor bugs still.

1 hour ago, Bellanca said:

Just noticed there’s a piece of the chrome trim missing on the front passenger seat. Does it impact anything, no, but I’m also not making a special trip to the dealership for them to affix it. 

Otherwise, so far so good?  

Question: does the cargo cover provide any security when the third row is folded?  I’ll know the answer myself one of these days but I do appreciate the total coverage of the cover in my MKX. 

3 minutes ago, Professor1234 said:

Otherwise, so far so good?  

Question: does the cargo cover provide any security when the third row is folded?  I’ll know the answer myself one of these days but I do appreciate the total coverage of the cover in my MKX. 

Yes, I love this thing, that’s just a minor annoyance I only noticed when I went to vacuum the mat. 

I didn’t option it with the cover(assuming you mean the partition thing that rolls up). 

I was unaware I ordered the rubber mats as well until I saw them in the hatch lol. I kind of want to get the cargo cover too. Yeah, the stitched dash is nice, my Continental has it too but unlike the Aviator it wasn’t contrast stitching—I always thought it should have been. I hope you get your Aviator soon! If you don’t love it I’ll be surprised. 

Edited by Bellanca

37 minutes ago, Bellanca said:

I was unaware I ordered the rubber mats as well until I saw them in the hatch lol. I kind of want to get the cargo cover too. Yeah, the stitched dash is nice, my Continental has it too but unlike the Aviator it wasn’t contrast stitching—I always thought it should have been. I hope you get your Aviator soon! If you don’t love it I’ll be surprised. 

https://accessories.lincoln.com/cargo-security-shade-12471.html

Here's the part number for the cargo cover, pretty sure it only covers behind the 3rd row.  The accessory store also has 3rd row floor liners that the factory option doesn't include.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bellanca said:

I thought the same thing when I first saw the interior in person - that the stitching should have been contrasting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2019 at 6:20 PM, Bellanca said:

@Bellanca  did you ever get a resolution on this disappearing speedometer issue?  Another owner is having the same issue on the Aviator Facebook group, which I highly recommend joining.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/920229461360147/

7 hours ago, jfischetti said:

@Bellanca  did you ever get a resolution on this disappearing speedometer issue?  Another owner is having the same issue on the Aviator Facebook group, which I highly recommend joining.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/920229461360147/

Not yet, I’m waiting for the piece for my seat to come in as I don’t care to have it at the dealership multiple times. Thanks for the link!!

2 minutes ago, Bellanca said:

Not yet, I’m waiting for the piece for my seat to come in as I don’t care to have it at the dealership multiple times. Thanks for the link!!

Ahh that silver seat piece is only on Black label.   Keep us posted on the missing Speedo label solution.   Regards,

• Like 1