Reliable Source Told Me Rear-Drive Lincoln Coupe and Sedan Coming Soon

This is brilliant news......if true. I've long wanted to see Lincoln produce a RWD coupe and saloon based off the Mustang platform, ever since the S550 was first in development.

Given S650/NG Mustang is mooted to be a '23MY, my assumption is this would come afterwards. Whilst there's no technical reason the Lincoln couldn't come first (after all, Aviator was seen before the new Explorer), some may not like to think of a new Mustang being based off of a Lincoln, rather than the other way around.

Whatever......if it looks this good, bring it on NOW!!

01D27CDD-4256-4CD2-8FD0-77D53853C8B4.jpeg[/img]

3EA4D2FE-CAB8-4EA0-99FD-DFB0D763D125.jpeg[/img]

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fgts said:

Will there be a Ford version for the US and a Falcon replacement in Australia?.

Ford won't bring sedans to US. They must be Lincolns. I don't think they'll be arriving in Australia. Last time I read from Hacket about Lincolns expansion around the world, it's not in the plans

2 minutes ago, RadicalX said:

Ford won't bring sedans to US. They must be Lincolns. I don't think they'll be arriving in Australia. Last time I read from Hacket about Lincolns expansion around the world, it's not in the plans

Yes but Taurus/Mondeo is still available in Australia, Asia plus Mondeo in EU only. None of those markets are ready to go to a CUV only or a luxury brand they never heard of (Lincoln) expect China.

3 hours ago, Fgts said:

Yes but Taurus/Mondeo is still available in Australia, Asia plus Mondeo in EU only. None of those markets are ready to go to a CUV only or a luxury brand they never heard of (Lincoln) expect China.

Mondeo mk5 received a facelift in Europe and the mk7 Taurus will soon receive a half-life facelift. Maybe a new generation comes along CD6 with Mustang and Zephyr in 2021

If the OP is correct(that we're getting new Lincoln cars), only making a Lincoln sedan makes zero sense. That's a lot of R&D $$ for a small volume. Having a Ford version too(if there is a new Lincoln sedan) would be the only way to get a decent ROI. There would be enough volume if Australia, the Middle East, and China are included.

38 minutes ago, AGR said:

If the OP is correct(that we're getting new Lincoln cars), only making a Lincoln sedan makes zero sense. That's a lot of R&D $$ for a small volume. Having a Ford version too(if there is a new Lincoln sedan) would be the only way to get a decent ROI. There would be enough volume if Australia, the Middle East, and China are included.

That's what I was thinking what Ford would do also, not to mention EU would have a car to step up from Fiesta/Focus and replace Mondeo. A rwd car for the EU?, the Sierra sold well back in the 80s

18 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

Yep. It's called Mustang...

12 minutes ago, Fgts said:

That's good, a Mustang sedan....

A crossover electric 4-door coupe of a Mustang sedan? (:))  Well, we'll find out soon enough, I guess, what they heck they are talking about...

On 2/3/2019 at 11:40 AM, SoonerLS said:

Go back to the OP: the potential Lincoln RWD will be based on the Mustang's platform, so Ford already has their version: the Mustang.

But - I'm doubting that any Lincoln (other than a 2-seater) would have as minuscule rear seat as a 'Stang - thus I'm assuming that a Lincoln version would ride on a lengthened Mustang chassis.  If that assumption proved to be correct -  then a Thunderbird COULD then in theory share that platform fairly economically.

With that said, that name:  Thundercougarfalconbird  IS starting to grow on me a little!!!   LOL ?

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine
  • Like 1