Reliable Source Told Me Rear-Drive Lincoln Coupe and Sedan Coming Soon

2 minutes ago, RadicalX said:

2nd Gen GT was a right car at the right time. I believe it opens up space for new GTs in the future for this same price range. Maybe hybrid and electric GTs. 

If they want to go the high rider look (in the age of utilities), this Italdesign concept from a few years ago might give some ideas:

italdesign-giugiaro-parcour-is-a-lamborg

10 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

If they want to go the high rider look (in the age of utilities), this Italdesign concept from a few years ago might give some ideas

Yuck. 

It was a shame Ford never built the GR-1. 

So cool that they’re letting factory five make it. 

[edit]Superformance[/edit]

Edited by sullynd

On 1/30/2019 at 9:22 AM, Jqa1824 said:

Wonderful news and I hope it’s true. If Lincoln can support two sedans and one coupe/convt, name them Zephyr, Continental, and Mark IX. If it can only support one sedan...name it Continental. If it can support one sedan and one “4 door coupe” name the first Continental and the other Mark IX. 

Outside of Town Car and Navigator; the most famous Lincoln nameplates are: Continental, Zephyr, and the Mark-Series. With Lincoln embracing names (and classy sounding names at that), they must continue those names on appropriate products if possible. 

Everyone join in

COUGAR!
COUGAR!
COUGAR!  BY Lincoln...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Nihar, I'm new to BOF. I've been on Ford Inside News for a while though.

I recently did a rendering of a possible new Lincoln sedan. I based it on the new Aviator's styling, since that seems to be the direction Lincoln is going in. I have been criticized for not lowering the car after finishing the rendering, but I think this is exactly what Lincoln needs. I also think that if they give it an A5-like hatch with that upright design, that would be a very cool and practical trick. 

https://www.behance.net/gallery/69869483/2021-Lincoln-Zephyr

22a69e69869483.5c60e053d606c.png

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, nihar.mazumdar111 said:

Hi, I'm Nihar, I'm new to BOF. I've been on Ford Inside News for a while though.

I recently did a rendering of a possible new Lincoln sedan. I based it on the new Aviator's styling, since that seems to be the direction Lincoln is going in. I have been criticized for not lowering the car after finishing the rendering, but I think this is exactly what Lincoln needs. I also think that if they give it an A5-like hatch with that upright design, that would be a very cool and practical trick. 

Welcome to the site.:)

While that rendering might offend the sedan purists, I get where you're coming from as I think this is possibly the direction that BMW and MB will be exploring in the near future....and i wonder if this builds on what Ford was hinting at with white space near cars....

Also, I think that your suggestion of adding a  hatchback might actually look better.. it's a bit chunky momma.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, nihar.mazumdar111 said:

Ummm how about just say No.  If you want to look at good looking sedans look at the Tesla S or the new Audi e-tron GT https://www.audi.com/en/experience-audi/models-and-technology/concept-cars/audi-e-tron-gt-concept.html

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nihar.mazumdar111 said:

I liked it, but I thought the front too flat. Looks like it was crushed by a plate. The taillights could be more different than the Aviator's, because in that projection they're the same. Plus, I like it.

Edited by RadicalX

9 hours ago, nihar.mazumdar111 said:

I like it. I think if they did a sedan like car, it would have coach doors. I think the whole reason they put this in that special edition Continental, was to gauge the reactions of the public and it will find its way on a future SUV coupe or sedan and possibly on some CUV models as well. 

12 hours ago, RadicalX said:

I liked it, but I thought the front too flat. Looks like it was crushed by a plate. The taillights could be more different than the Aviator's, because in that projection they're the same. Plus, I like it.

13 hours ago, tzach said:

I Like it, I think the C pillar could use some work though, something a little less typical sedan.  Did you use the Taurus for this render?

Well, it looks weird because all he did was cut the top off the Aviator and put the greenhouse of the Continental on it.  That's why none of the door lines match up.  Not saying it isn't a good effort, but I think it's more of a foundation for a more involved rendering of what a future high sedan might look like.