Vehicle Shipping Delays Costing Business

On 2/9/2019 at 9:10 AM, akirby said:

I really don’t understand why it’s gotten this bad.   At the very least Ford should be able to tell the dealer where the vehicle is and why it isn’t being shipped.

Hard to believe this is all just shipping delays.

Fast forward one year since this post and it doesn't seem like they even care about getting a Lincoln to customers in a timely manner.  My Aviator production date was December 5th, it's been released/awaiting shipment since December 28th, the original ETA was first week of January and the ETA Disposition has been manually adjusted three times since then... to first week of February, then third week of February and now mid March.  What could possibly cause a released Lincoln to sit on a ramp awaiting shipment for 2 1/2 months (or maybe longer)?  Dealer is only 430 miles from CAP... I could drive it in 7.5 hours.

Edited by CoolScoop

On 2/13/2019 at 4:20 PM, MI2TRAC said:

So to end this story, the dealer and the dealer rep. took charge, dug in and got my Ranger out of "Ramp Jail" (blocked by other Rangers on the Ramp and pushed to later delivery dates). I took delivery this afternoon. This is why I bought from this dealer, Seymour Ford. See Below:

Ranger.jpg

Beautiful truck, I'd say definitely worth the wait.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to pull up a two year old thread, but the shipping situation has not improved. I understand Ford isn't totally to blame and rail and trucking logistics are a mess in the US, but as I enter week 3 with my new 2022 Ranger Tremor built and released on March 10th still just sitting at the factory with a status of Delayed - Rail Carrier it's frustrating. There is no communication except for me being able to have a member here check status once a week. Which I really appreciate. The salesman said he has no idea either. It still says ETA April 4th, but that isn't going to happen. If I see it by May I'll be lucky I guess.

Anyhow I understand some of this is beyond Ford's control, but if they really want to move to having the majority of customers order vehicles instead of buying dealer stock some improvements need to be made. Both in shipping logistics and communication.

3 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

Sorry to pull up a two year old thread, but the shipping situation has not improved. I understand Ford isn't totally to blame and rail and trucking logistics are a mess in the US, but as I enter week 3 with my new 2022 Ranger Tremor built and released on March 10th still just sitting at the factory with a status of Delayed - Rail Carrier it's frustrating. There is no communication except for me being able to have a member here check status once a week. Which I really appreciate. The salesman said he has no idea either. It still says ETA April 4th, but that isn't going to happen. If I see it by May I'll be lucky I guess.

Anyhow I understand some of this is beyond Ford's control, but if they really want to move to having the majority of customers order vehicles instead of buying dealer stock some improvements need to be made. Both in shipping logistics and communication.

It’s possible the status just wasn’t updated and it’s on the way.  There isn’t much Ford can do about delivery unless they switch to private trucks which is unbelievably expensive and not an option today.  Pre pandemic delivery times were much more constant so let’s hope we make it back to that point.

I do expect a new tracking system from the Google partnership.  The question is whether it will also be used for non BEVs.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s possible the status just wasn’t updated and it’s on the way.  There isn’t much Ford can do about delivery unless they switch to private trucks which is unbelievably expensive and not an option today.  Pre pandemic delivery times were much more constant so let’s hope we make it back to that point.

I do expect a new tracking system from the Google partnership.  The question is whether it will also be used for non BEVs.

weve struck a quandary regarding delivery from holding pens as well...up until a month ago all our units were generally sent to Mira Loma from where they were shipped to us. NOW all of a sudden we are having vehicles sent somewhere in San Diego????? very strange...and then theres some bizarre messages showing up....want to explain this to me on a Transit Ive had sitting there for a week...Delay - Non-Normal Event...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

weve struck a quandary regarding delivery from holding pens as well...up until a month ago all our units were generally sent to Mira Loma from where they were shipped to us. NOW all of a sudden we are having vehicles sent somewhere in San Diego????? very strange...and then theres some bizarre messages showing up....want to explain this to me on a Transit Ive had sitting there for a week...Delay - Non-Normal Event...

Well at least mine comes up in the Ford Order System as Delay - Rail Carrier. Delay - Non-normal event is about as non-descriptive as one can get. Lol

1 hour ago, 2005Explorer said:

Well at least mine comes up in the Ford Order System as Delay - Rail Carrier. Delay - Non-normal event is about as non-descriptive as one can get. Lol

lol...conspiracy theory...I wonder if the color of said vehicle was Area 51???????

• Haha 2

I requested a 2 month lease extension on my 2019. I'm really hoping I see it by May 13th so one month might have been enough, but I am not trusting this shipping process at all. I would think 2 months to get it here after it was built and released should be enough, but maybe not? They said I have 10 days to sign the extension so I am holding off a bit, but looks like I will have to go that route.

I was feeling confident I would get it soon when it was scheduled quickly and built without shortages and released. I should have known that this order process never goes smoothly these days. Some step along the way is going to hold you up. It's frustrating, but everything seems to be these days.

Edited by 2005Explorer

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else in this boat from Ontario. Ford Explorer st was built on 03/20/2022. Has been awaiting shipment since. ETA was 03/28/2022 then 04/11/2022 and now 04/26/2022. My dealer is now saying delayed shipment volume. Getting frustrated because I already started to pay for insurance.:(

1 hour ago, Bobby_27 said:

Anyone else in this boat from Ontario. Ford Explorer st was built on 03/20/2022. Has been awaiting shipment since. ETA was 03/28/2022 then 04/11/2022 and now 04/26/2022. My dealer is now saying delayed shipment volume. Getting frustrated because I already started to pay for insurance.:(

How are you paying I suranné on a vehicle you don’t own yet?  Everything is delayed.  

2 hours ago, Bobby_27 said:

same here. Built march 9  etd mar21  dealer said dont hold your breath as I might run of air. Ordered aug 2021

55 minutes ago, Xraymd said:

OK, now I don’t feel so bad.  My Navigator was built 3/30.   Lincoln email said ETA April 5-11.  Hasn’t even left the factory yet as of today, 4/16.

As you know, ours were built the same day or a day apart, maybe. Mine is at Fair Oaks Lincoln as we speak just waiting for the reacquire paperwork to get sorted out. There has to be some sort of commodity issue holding up shipment for you. Your dealer should be able to find out what it is, I would think. Maybe you have posted in the Timeline thread about it, I can't recall. 

1 hour ago, Black Label said:

As you know, ours were built the same day or a day apart, maybe. Mine is at Fair Oaks Lincoln as we speak just waiting for the reacquire paperwork to get sorted out. There has to be some sort of commodity issue holding up shipment for you. Your dealer should be able to find out what it is, I would think. Maybe you have posted in the Timeline thread about it, I can't recall. 

Dealer doesn’t know what’s up and says it could be a parts hold.  Lincoln concierge says it’s produced and waiting to ship.  Xraytek22 and I seem to be stuck at the same point in the process.  

Cyberdman looked up Xraytek22 earlier and the hold up was “Convoy Delay”, so a transportation issue and apparently not a parts issue.

But of course, who knows.  Communication is terrible.

Xraytek22 is in Tennessee, I’m in Ohio.  It looks like the rail yard my truck will go to is in SE Michigan.  I see you’re in Illinois and someone else in Illinois with either an Expedition or Navigator (I lost track) with a production date after us has an imminent delivery.

I don’t know why CSX would be shipping to Illinois and not Ohio or Tennessee, but here we are.

22 minutes ago, Xraymd said:

Dealer doesn’t know what’s up and says it could be a parts hold.  Lincoln concierge says it’s produced and waiting to ship.  Xraytek22 and I seem to be stuck at the same point in the process.  

Cyberdman looked up Xraytek22 earlier and the hold up was “Convoy Delay”, so a transportation issue and apparently not a parts issue.

But of course, who knows.  Communication is terrible.

Xraytek22 is in Tennessee, I’m in Ohio.  It looks like the rail yard my truck will go to is in SE Michigan.  I see you’re in Illinois and someone else in Illinois with either an Expedition or Navigator (I lost track) with a production date after us has an imminent delivery.

I don’t know why CSX would be shipping to Illinois and not Ohio or Tennessee, but here we are.

I can only guess logistics from the rail companies. I have to assume Ford wants these vehicles gone. 

And, it is confusing that both of you are Xray something lol. Not really....

• Haha 1