Is Ranger production better than 400 per day yet?

Did a second shift begin?  The hope was 1200 per day with the added shift.  I was hoping I'd get my factory order before 2020!!!  Also. is it just me or do you think the color choices are poor.  The F-150 can be had in almost ANY color but the Ranger has such limited choice.  The blue is way too electric for me.  Just a regular blue would be fine.  The HOT PEPPER RED is likewise too bright for this 74 year old.  The wife hates the orange (saber).  I finally chose Ingot out of that paltry group.  

10 minutes ago, ford-boy said:

Did a second shift begin?  The hope was 1200 per day with the added shift.  I was hoping I'd get my factory order before 2020!!!  Also. is it just me or do you think the color choices are poor.  The F-150 can be had in almost ANY color but the Ranger has such limited choice.  The blue is way too electric for me.  Just a regular blue would be fine.  The HOT PEPPER RED is likewise too bright for this 74 year old.  The wife hates the orange (saber).  I finally chose Ingot out of that paltry group.  

No. 400 has only been hit a few times. There's still a few kinks on the line they’re working out

As for a second shift, the company has been very clear for over a year now that there absolutely will NOT be a second shift in final assembly until the Bronco launches. 

6 hours ago, Anthony said:

Any issues you guys have noticed that us owners should be aware of (stuff to look for)?

I'm in an area of Body shop that doesn't even build Ranger parts so obviously I haven't seen anything. The couple of people I talk to in Final haven't said anything to me. 

Fun fact: I got loaned out to a different department the other day and I was building Ranger rear doors. The main crash brace for the SuperCrew rear door is a fine example of ingenious cost savings. Rather than a bespoke stamped part, it's a 1/4 inch thick 1 inch diameter steel pipe with a bracket welded to either side to mount to the inner door. If that's the way the engineering teams are saving money I can support that because that's totally ingenious. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm in an area of Body shop that doesn't even build Ranger parts so obviously I haven't seen anything. The couple of people I talk to in Final haven't said anything to me. 

Fun fact: I got loaned out to a different department the other day and I was building Ranger rear doors. The main crash brace for the SuperCrew rear door is a fine example of ingenious cost savings. Rather than a bespoke stamped part, it's a 1/4 inch thick 1 inch diameter steel pipe with a bracket welded to either side to mount to the inner door. If that's the way the engineering teams are saving money I can support that because that's totally ingenious. 

Aussie ingenuity.. Sadly it looks the Americans are set to take back much of the future development and put in their own less ingenious bespoke parts......

On 2/14/2019 at 10:28 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

No. 400 has only been hit a few times. There's still a few kinks on the line they’re working out

As for a second shift, the company has been very clear for over a year now that there absolutely will NOT be a second shift in final assembly until the Bronco launches. 

Our average has been increasing. There are random issues still showing up from time to time but mainly from suppliers. I need to force myself to look at our final tally more. I think our average is more in line with 450 recently.  Es-specially based on my hand pain meter lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wildosvt said:

Our average has been increasing. There are random issues still showing up from time to time but mainly from suppliers. I need to force myself to look at our final tally more. I think our average is more in line with 450 recently.  Es-specially based on my hand pain meter lol.

I just want to say thanks for all the hard work you and the rest of the assembly crew is putting in on the Ranger. I know you’re all putting in a lot of overtime to build a high quality product and I’m sure things will only get busier as your production numbers increase. I’m not sure when I’ll get my ‘19 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4, but hoping by May. With that said, I’ve owned 9 Ford vehicles and the last 5 have been purchased or leased new. Out of all of them I am the most excited about the Ranger. The wait is so hard! Anyhow I just wanted to say thanks!

Edited by 2005Explorer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yup!  Hats off to ALL you factory guys.  During my 74 years on this planet, I have NEVER wanted or had a truck.  Been a car guy forever.  But....the Ranger has just put a burr under my a$$ and I have to have one.  This is going to SHOCK all my friends when they see me towing in to the drag strip with a TRUCK and not my Mercury Grand Marquis!!!

• Like 3

On 2/17/2019 at 12:06 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I don't think it's related to the slow rollout of supercabs since I think that was the plan all along but there was an issue with the inner doors splitting in Stamping that took them a little while to figure out. It's fixed now as far as I'm aware. 

At least that shouldn't be something that comes back to bite them in the ass in a few years with a recall. 

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

At least that shouldn't be something that comes back to bite them in the ass in a few years with a recall. 

The recall that was had on Ranger should have never been. It was caught a while ago before they even started selling. But I would rather have a voluntary recall to address it then for it to come back and bite back in a bad way. 

On 2/18/2019 at 3:06 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I don't think it's related to the slow rollout of supercabs since I think that was the plan all along but there was an issue with the inner doors splitting in Stamping that took them a little while to figure out. It's fixed now as far as I'm aware. 

As we've discussed before, the Ranger crew cab has about the same amount of rear leg room as the F150 Supercab, the Ranger Supercab rear leg room is probably too tight for most people's tastes...well, that's the perception in other markets anway..

Supercab is probably there as an entry product across trim levels for people prepared to trade off some rear leg room for a slightly bigger tray.

Edited by jpd80

Lol, so I was just at my local dealer waiting on my inspection to be done and went into the showroom.  They had a magnetic Raptor there.. salesman says, "will that be cash or check" jokingly..  then "bet youd never see a $60,000 pickup huh"  so I responded with "well I have a f350 platinum so yes I would" (typical stereotype - he cant afford that).

Started talking about my explorer ST on order and he brings up the rangers.. mentions they are going 24 hours a day prosuctuon to keep up with demand lmao.  I responded, well they are doing under 400 a day with 1 shift lol..  

Love salesmen that love tot alk about everything they dont know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1