Is Ranger production better than 400 per day yet?

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It was 8 degrees when I left work last night and I was in a hoodie. 

@fuzzymoomoo I mentioned the weather next week because a few of us on the Ranger5G forum have our Ranger orders scheduled for builds the week of the 11th with the spray-in-bedliner option and that option seems to have caused some delays on other orders as we understand it is done off site from the factory so we are hopeful that the better weather will not cause any production delays for us.  As well as the fact that you all could use some warmer weather.  By comparison to your recent polar blast it looks much better for next week. ?

15 hours ago, jpd80 said:

1 March inventory 10,000

The problem is that the majority of the 2019 Ranger inventory is SuperCrew Lariat's because of the continuing scheduling commodity restraints. Traditional Ranger customers want XLT/XL models at a more affordable price point.  

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

The problem is that the majority of the 2019 Ranger inventory is SuperCrew Lariat's because of the continuing scheduling commodity restraints. Traditional Ranger customers want XLT/XL models at a more affordable price point.  

Those "tradional" Ranger customers had better be ready to get over it because ford is not going to build 200,000 base XL and base XLTs 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

At the moment, Dealer stock looks to be around 4,800 Rangers with XL (~1100), XLT (~1600) and Lariat (~1600) so there are  some XLs and XLTs available,  is it possible that Ford is being region selective with dealer allocation of the lower trims?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

There are far less FX4 Lariats going down the line now.  There is a bit of everything. How many of ya knew there is a XTR? I think we got 560 off the line today?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Those "tradional" Ranger customers had better be ready to get over it because ford is not going to build 200,000 base XL and base XLTs 

No question that there's some sticker shock for those former Ranger customers. Both the truck and the market has changed. The new Ranger will do well but it's going to take time, like for any other new model, for inventory to build. I think the "sweet" spot will be the mid and upper model XLT's that, at least in my area, have been difficult to get scheduled. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jpd80 said:

At the moment, Dealer stock looks to be around 4,800 Rangers with XL (~1100), XLT (~1600) and Lariat (~1600) so there are  some XLs and XLTs available,  is it possible that Ford is being region selective with dealer allocation of the lower trims?

Absolutely.

48 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

No question that there's some sticker shock for those former Ranger customers. Both the truck and the market has changed. The new Ranger will do well but it's going to take time, like for any other new model, for inventory to build. I think the "sweet" spot will be the mid and upper model XLT's that, at least in my area, have been difficult to get scheduled. 

That was my thinking too. Im probably one of the few that wants a loaded Lariat, though I'm sure there are some. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Isn't the XTR for the Canadian market?

HRG

Yes CN$500

The XTR Package includes:

• Unique "XTR 4x4" decal* (FX4 decal replaces XTR decal when the FX4 Package is selected)
• 17" Chrome-Like PVD Wheels
• Chrome Front and Rear Bumper
• Chrome Door and Tailgate Handles
• Chrome Tow Hooks
• Unique Chrome Grille
• Chrome Exhaust Tip
• Chrome Fender Vent Badge

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That was my thinking too. Im probably one of the few that wants a loaded Lariat, though I'm sure there are some. 

Mine has been built and is in transit now. When I was picking out exactly how I wanted it there was just too much of an increase in price from an XLT with the 302A package to the Lariat. I understand you get more then just a cloth to leather upgrade, but I just didn't want to spend $4k extra or so for those extra things that didn't matter to me. The Ranger customer is different from the full size truck or luxury car customer so I'd expect the mid-level XLT to out sell the Lariats by a significant margin as time goes on. I know the majority of F150s sold are the highest trim levels, but I don't see that being the case with the Ranger.

I also don't get the hate for the Ranger on the YouTube comment sections, but they are not being kind to it. Heck there's even a salesman from a Ford dealer who made a video about why the Rangers on their lot aren't selling. He said it comes down to the fact that the F150 has such good incentives it really doesn't cost much more then the Ranger. Although MSRP is quite a bit different as long as Ford throws tons on cash on the hoods of F150s to maintain "America's best selling truck" I foresee the Ranger being overshadowed by it.

Edited by 2005Explorer
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Leather seats are a must for me just because my clothes get so dirty at work and it's impossible to get that stuff out of cloth seats. The tan in my Focus is turning black because of it and I've tried everything I can find to clean it out to I avail 

My ex had a Olds Alero with a cloth interior that was so disgusting when I met her. She wasn't good at cleaning (or do anything ) with her car. She had a toddler that destroyed the interior of the car. It smelled and had a lot of stains. We had a Stanley Steamer van come out and clean it for around 50 bucks. It took about a half hour. I swear that was the best 50 bucks spent, otherwise there would have been no way we would have sold it for what we did.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Leather seats are a must for me just because my clothes get so dirty at work and it's impossible to get that stuff out of cloth seats. The tan in my Focus is turning black because of it and I've tried everything I can find to clean it out to I avail 

That makes sense. I work a “clean” job and have never had a huge issue getting seats dirty. I selected the medium stone for my magnetic XLT and I know it’ll probably be harder to keep clean then the ebony, but the two tone effect adds a little bit of flair to the interior IMHO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

People who think leather is hot in summer and cold in winter has never owned leather.  It breathes and adjusts to your body temp quickly.  And it’s much easier to keep clean.

Depends on the color. It can be quite a shock sitting on a black leather seat that's been baking in the summer sun for an afternoon. You’re right though, it doesn't usually last long. 

• Like 2

The other thing too is once I finally do get my Ranger, I plan on keeping it for a long time so even though there's a few things I want that aren't available, I'm not compromising on what is availabile, which is a Lariat with just about every box except for the towing package checked. I only need the hitch for a bike rack or the occasional single axle flat trailer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The other thing too is once I finally do get my Ranger, I plan on keeping it for a long time so even though there's a few things I want that aren't available, I'm not compromising on what is availabile, which is a Lariat with just about every box except for the towing package checked. I only need the hitch for a bike rack or the occasional single axle flat trailer. 

Always get the Ford tow package just for the transmission cooler if you plan on keeping the vehicle a long time. Not sure on the Ranger but on some vehicles it includes the heavier duty version of the transmission as well. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I got the Lariat because I wanted it all, I did opt for the 500A over the 501A, mostly because my hearing just isn't what it used to be so I would not be able to appreciate the B&O sound system.

1 hour ago, jasonj80 said:

Always get the Ford tow package just for the transmission cooler if you plan on keeping the vehicle a long time. Not sure on the Ranger but on some vehicles it includes the heavier duty version of the transmission as well. 

I didn't see anything about a transmission cooler being part of the towing package.