Is Ranger production better than 400 per day yet?

On 3/13/2019 at 1:30 PM, bluerangerlariat said:

IS there a place on the forum to post suggestions for the next generation?  F150 has a 5 1/2 foot box, would it be feasible to stretch the Ranger 6 inches and put a 5 1/2 foot box?  Do something better with the Crew Cab rear seat, heck the Escape rear seat is far more flexible?  Add a integrated brake controller to the Tow Package, important to stop the 7500lbs. trailer.  Those are the only changes I would like to see.  The rest of it is pretty damn awesome; you guys do a great job putting it together.  Now if the engineers and marketing would listen to you all!!

I was talking to my salesman a couple of days ago. He said Ranger is selling pretty well. Many are asking for a moonroof, cooled seats and damped auto release tailgate to name a few things.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:55 PM, MKX1960 said:

I was talking to my salesman a couple of days ago. He said Ranger is selling pretty well. Many are asking for a moonroof, cooled seats and damped auto release tailgate to name a few things.

only complaint Ive had is the rear tailgate and  gaps through which one cah literally see light through...one customer is even going so far as to fabricate some rubber flaps its driving him absolutely bat crazy...

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

only complaint Ive had is the rear tailgate and  gaps through which one cah literally see light through...one customer is even going so far as to fabricate some rubber flaps its driving him absolutely bat crazy...

That's what happens when you outsource 70% of the Stamping and body shop work to a supplier ?

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's what happens when you outsource 70% of the Stamping and body shop work to a supplier ?

they are a tad too big...but unlike the previous Ranger...theres not rubber flaps hiding the issue....

March was another meh month for Silverado

Silverado.........42,891
Sierra...............16,412
Colorado...........14,941
Canyon..............3,066

F series.............86,497
Ranger................4,369

Ram pickup.......45,187

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Yeah, but not seeing any erosion of Tacoma numbers yet,,,  Only 1 month (8/2018) had greater sales in the last 10 years.

HRG

Way too early for the Ranger to have an impact on any of its competitors.  Production is still ramping up.  My local dealer has one in stock, that's it.   I would guess that the people buying Rangers now are Ford fans and/or ex-Ranger owners.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, chris532 said:

Don't think Ford will ever have enough available capacity to build enough Ranger's to outsell the Taco.

That's where you’re probably wrong. Final is only running one shift while body and paint are running 2. Not entirely sure why we're running 2 in body but paint is running 2 because the robots need to be upgraded to be able to paint truck bodies faster. That has been included in the budget for the Bronco tooling, probably because of the massive scope of the retooling project for Ranger. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bluerangerlariat said:

It is going to take a while, and probably the next gen in 2021/22 but I see the Ranger becoming a top seller in the segment.  Even this version which needs some tweaking is still better then the competition in most areas.  Just needs to get it's footing again and watch out Taco.

they really need to come up with a competitive lease program if they want to move forward in sales numbers....right now the leases are terrible....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Deanh said:

they really need to come up with a competitive lease program if they want to move forward in sales numbers....right now the leases are terrible....

In time. We're still gearing up for full production in a sense that we're still getting parts racks and skids for body shop in. We have just enough for what we need right now to run, but for instance Body was sent home early last night because we were running low on skids. There should be more coming in soon I hope. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:20 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's where you’re probably wrong. Final is only running one shift while body and paint are running 2. Not entirely sure why we're running 2 in body but paint is running 2 because the robots need to be upgraded to be able to paint truck bodies faster. That has been included in the budget for the Bronco tooling, probably because of the massive scope of the retooling project for Ranger. 

It's possible, with Ranger and Bronco coming out of one plant, even on a 3 crew schedule, I think unlikely. Taco has 2 plants able to produce. If Bronco is a success I think it will get priority over Ranger. If Ford gets 100-120k a year in Ranger sales they will be more than happy. I would be happy to be wrong though.

On 4/3/2019 at 2:01 AM, jpd80 said:

March was another meh month for Silverado

Silverado.........42,891
Sierra...............16,412
Colorado...........14,941
Canyon..............3,066

F series.............86,497
Ranger................4,369

Ram pickup.......45,187

So F-Series alone outsold GM's entire truck line by over 9,000 units.

Nothing to worry about folks...?

• Like 2