Is Ranger production better than 400 per day yet?

7 hours ago, jpd80 said:

OK but  IIRC, there was an  early issue at MAP with doors on Supercabs not staying open as the bodies pass through the tank(?)

I overheard a conversation (from my old door line supervisor no less) about a single super cab door not staying closed at one particular tight area of the building. Not sure of specifics. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I overheard a conversation (from my old door line supervisor no less) about a single super cab door not staying closed at one particular tight area of the building. Not sure of specifics. 

Sorry, I must have misunderstood your original post on that... nice to see Ranger sales now over 5K

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trailhiker said:

It is nice to see people coming back to Ford for the Ranger.  It is amazing how many of the older models I still see around.

Ford's misunderstanding of the U.S. midsize pickup truck market about a decade ago gets a lot of credit for that. 

Many owners of older Rangers decided to hold on them and keep them running. Now that Ford finally came to its senses and brought the T6 Ranger to the U.S., these folks are ready to consider buying a new one. I'm one of them. Looking forward for the 2019 Ranger XLT Supercab that I pre-ordered to arrive at my dealership within a couple months! ?

On 5/2/2019 at 10:21 AM, rperez817 said:

Ford's misunderstanding of the U.S. midsize pickup truck market about a decade ago gets a lot of credit for that.

It wasn't a misunderstanding so much as a misreading, and it may not have even been that. There are never enough resources to do all the projects you want in the best of circumstances, and when it was time to replace the Ranger, Ford was in a world of hurt.  Take what looks like a shrinking market, combine that with a company so desperate to survive that it had even mortgaged the Blue Oval, and throw in economic storm clouds looming on the horizon, and continuing the Ranger just didn't make any sense. Sure, we can look back now and say it was a mistake, but they didn't have the advantage of 20/20 hindsight when they had to make the decision.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

It wasn't a misunderstanding so much as a misreading, and it may not have even been that. There are never enough resources to do all the projects you want in the best of circumstances, and when it was time to replace the Ranger, Ford was in a world of hurt.  Take what looks like a shrinking market, combine that with a company so desperate to survive that it had even mortgaged the Blue Oval, and throw in economic storm clouds looming on the horizon, and continuing the Ranger just didn't make any sense. Sure, we can look back now and say it was a mistake, but they didn't have the advantage of 20/20 hindsight when they had to make the decision.

I’ve explained it at least 3 times.  He’ll never get it.

Was wondering if anyone knew the MAP year to date Ranger production total?  I know the vehicles are not built in VIN order but saw some a retail order vehicle program (ROVP) Ranger order with the last 5 of the VIN number being 59176 and scheduled to be built the first week of June.  With this being May would I be wrong to think you all at MAP could easily produce about 90K or more for the 2019 model production year?!  That sounds like a pretty damn good impressive number seeing as this is the first year producing the new Ranger!!

25 minutes ago, bluerangerlariat said:

Was wondering if anyone knew the MAP year to date Ranger production total?  I know the vehicles are not built in VIN order but saw some a retail order vehicle program (ROVP) Ranger order with the last 5 of the VIN number being 59176 and scheduled to be built the first week of June.  With this being May would I be wrong to think you all at MAP could easily produce about 90K or more for the 2019 model production year?!  That sounds like a pretty damn good impressive number seeing as this is the first year producing the new Ranger!!

IIRC, VINs are not just non-sequential, they're randomized. Based on the YTD sales that JPD posted in another thread, combined with the May 1 inventory number, it's probably safe to say that MAP has built somewhere in the ballpark of 35K to 40K Rangers in just over three months of production. That's not really indicative of MAP's capacity, though, as they're only running one shift, and it has been a show ramp up because of it being an all-new vehicle for them.

IIRC, MAP can produce around 200K-250K units per year at full tilt.

Edited by SoonerLS
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bluerangerlariat said:

Is that dealership inventory??

No that's a total inventory figure, not national dealer stock level. Dealers would be lucky to have half of that...

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SoonerLS said:

IIRC, VINs are not just non-sequential, they're randomized. Based on the YTD sales that JPD posted in another thread, combined with the May 1 inventory number, it's probably safe to say that MAP has built somewhere in the ballpark of 35K to 40K Rangers in just over three months of production. That's not really indicative of MAP's capacity, though, as they're only running one shift, and it has been a show ramp up because of it being an all-new vehicle for them.

IIRC, MAP can produce around 200K-250K units per year at full tilt.

When Focus sales were at the peak in 2013-14 I think some 300k were built and sold (plus whatever C-Max volume there was). 

• Like 2