Corsair Engine Info

10 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I haven't seen or heard anything about the NG Nautilus, however the Edge does get a little bigger and is due out for MY2021. Since the Nautilus is on the same schedule I expect it at the same time. 

Did we ever figure out if it's FWD or RWD?

One of the biggest issues I think MKC had was a tight back seat, which I'm sure has been addressed in the new model.

20 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Did we ever figure out if it's FWD or RWD?

One of the biggest issues I think MKC had was a tight back seat, which I'm sure has been addressed in the new model.

Still have no idea. 

Escape and Corsair are both bigger to address rear seat leg room. I do NOT think there will ever be a 3 row version of either in this market. 

6 hours ago, akirby said:

Yes.  :lol2:

I keep getting conflicting inside reports so who knows.

Maybe because there are two replacements? Just a theory... the reason we are getting conflicting reports is because Ford is working on two midsize CUV... one based on C2 and the other based on CD6. And the people working on one project doesn't know what the other team is doing.

Let me explain... we have reports that Ford is going to replace Edge with 7 seat CUV in Europe. It is probably going to be about the size of VW Tiguan LWB, which is nearly identical in size to the current 5 seat Edge. This is going to be a C2 vehicle and may also replace the 7 seat Edge in China. Ford will probably also sell it in the US because it will need something smaller than Explorer that has 7 seats. Farley had promised the "Fusion" name will be back in a "white space" vehicle. Most people assumed it will be some sort of lifted wagon or fastback car thing but I now believe he is really talking about this 7 seat CUV.

We also have report that Edge is going to CD6 and this also makes sense if you believe Ford wants to push Edge/Nautilus upmarket like they are doing with Explorer. Imagine a "coupe" version of Explorer and Aviator with only 5 seats, shorter wheelbase, and same suite of engines. Basically like a Jeep Grand Cherokee. This vehicle will have great appeal in the US market and also make a much better foundation for Nautilus to go up against the likes of BMW X5 and Mercedes GLE.

Basically, I think we are looking at something like this (from small to large):

• EcoSport
  • Puma
  • Maverick
  • Escape/Kuga
  • TBD 7 seat CUV (maybe Fusion?)
  • Bronco
  • Edge (switch to CD6)
  • Everest
  • Explorer
  • Expedition

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 2

Power numbers are probably shown with 87 octane fuel. Lincoln can advertise higher numbers just need to say they are with 93 fuel like they currently do. Recommended vs Required when they do octane and emission testing; It is why you can run low (85/57) octane fuel in almost every vehicle and while you lose power, you will still pass emissions and durability.