2020 Lincoln Corsair with less camo

36 minutes ago, RadicalX said:

SpEziy0.jpg

Very Large. I think it's a 7-seater version from the Escape 3-row. Probably that rumor about a crossover below the MKC might be right. Lincoln seems to be increasing the size of the MKC to open up space to a subcompact crossover

Not sure about 7 seats but definitely longer

1 hour ago, RadicalX said:

SpEziy0.jpg

Very Large. I think it's a 7-seater version from the Escape 3-row. Probably that rumor about a crossover below the MKC might be right. Lincoln seems to be increasing the size of the MKC to open up space to a subcompact crossover

I do not think there will ever be a 3 row version. It's bigger to address the number 1 complaint (Escape too) and that is rear seat legroom. 

• Like 3

This looks really good. I agree the front needs to be more upright. Maybe a larger grille, but overall I like it. 

It does look much larger than the previous version, and while I’m sure it is a few inches longer, most of it is probably an optical illusion due to the blacked out pillar and sloping roof line. I bet if you just blacked out the same area on the current mkc, it’s look a lot larger

9 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

This looks really good. I agree the front needs to be more upright. Maybe a larger grille, but overall I like it. 

It does look much larger than the previous version, and while I’m sure it is a few inches longer, most of it is probably an optical illusion due to the blacked out pillar and sloping roof line. I bet if you just blacked out the same area on the current mkc, it’s look a lot larger

I agree
I thought the front was too low for the rest of the body. It seems a little disproportionate too. The hood could be taller and the grille larger

Really nice. I agree that the front end needs to be taller to resemble the Aviator. The rear spoiler on the roof needs a different paint treatment. Lincoln´s designers have had to continue with the sloping line that come from the upper side of the windows and continue it , downward, to the base of the spolier, not upper to the spoiler. That is a small detail that could change the design a lot.  The same with the chrome trim arroud the windows... Is too expensive to make the chrome trim complete arround the roof spoiler and at the base of the rear window on the hatch? That could give a better finished look to the vehicle.

But, aside of those small critics, is a very good designed vehicle. And will sell better tha the smaller MKC.  The interior?    I´m curious... 

When it will debut?

Edited by falconlover 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, falconlover 1 said:

Really nice. I agree that the front end needs to be taller to resemble the Aviator. The rear spoiler on the roof needs a different paint treatment. Lincoln´s designers have had to continue with the sloping line that come from the upper side of the windows and continue it , downward, to the base of the spolier, not upper to the spoiler. That is a small detail that could change the design a lot.  The same with the chrome trim arroud the windows... Is too expensive to make the chrome trim complete arround the roof spoiler and at the base of the rear window on the hatch? That could give a better finished look to the vehicle.

But, aside of those small critics, is a very good designed vehicle. And will sell better tha the smaller MKC.  The interior?    I´m curious... 

When it will debut?

Production starts in August so sometime soon. Probably New York Auto Show. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I do not think there will ever be a 3 row version. It's bigger to address the number 1 complaint (Escape too) and that is rear seat legroom. 

I find that kinda hard to believe-I'm 6'2 and the rear legroom on the Escape isn't bad for what it is. I have issues with the front passenger space vs the old gen though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Production starts in August so sometime soon. Probably New York Auto Show. 

Strange that we haven't seen even a concept version yet and production is 6 months away.   I understand they're probably waiting for New York but this is so out of character for Ford lately.   They normally show the concept a year or more out.   I actually like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

I find that kinda hard to believe-I'm 6'2 and the rear legroom on the Escape isn't bad for what it is. I have issues with the front passenger space vs the old gen though.

The new CRV has more rear legroom, but it is so cheap and plasticy back there, it feels like riding in a full-sized Playmobile.

47 minutes ago, akirby said:

Strange that we haven't seen even a concept version yet and production is 6 months away.   I understand they're probably waiting for New York but this is so out of character for Ford lately.   They normally show the concept a year or more out.   I actually like it.

Maybe they are reading the posts here, and actually acting upon our logic!..............(Thunderbird...Thunderbird...Thunderbid!)

5 minutes ago, Trailhiker said:

The new CRV has more rear legroom, but it is so cheap and plasticy back there, it feels like riding in a full-sized Playmobile.

I read where they are also having issues with the new 1.5 liter engine.  Piston scoring going on.  The most plausible theory is that they didn't aim the injectors right and they are washing the oil off the sidewalls.

8 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

When it will debut?

I think someone said it'd basically be a mini Aviator inside, which makes sense.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Well, we had Nautilus launching and Aviator concept last year, so they likely figured it'd be crowded to show a Corsair concept last year, and this year, it's easier to just show the production model.