2020 Lincoln Corsair with less camo

24 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Well....

*MKT raises its hand from the dark corner and waves*

From hell's heart I stab at thee........

Pity Ford couldn't redo the Flex /MKT on CD6, give it longer wheelbase and call it Town Car

Edited by jpd80

3 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

?

Old names are always better for at least people have heard of them and can help sales move along.

Ford has been on a role resurrecting old names and I look forward to more coming back.

Well depending on the name, people don't exactly have a positive image of many of the old Ford nameplates. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

100000 times this 

ummm... I´m not sure. Do you remember how Lincoln shift the name scheme from letters to real names?. resurrecting the Continental name!. I think good cars need good names, names with tradition.

I´m waiting for the Crossover Coupe for Lincoln named Mark...

34 minutes ago, falconlover 1 said:

ummm... I´m not sure. Do you remember how Lincoln shift the name scheme from letters to real names?. resurrecting the Continental name!. I think good cars need good names, names with tradition.

I´m waiting for the Crossover Coupe for Lincoln named Mark...

Some names should be left in the past though. Continental was not one of them. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

One of the first things I did on my first trip to the states in '93 was go for a ride in a Town Car...To me, that was a real Lincoln.

Had the Town Car not carried on so long with zero changes to the point where it was a true relic of the past (not to mention identical to the Crown Vic and Grand Marquis except for the badge on the hood) and driven primarily by septegenarians I might agree with you. The fact that it survived as long as it did ruined any name value it had. Now all people think about is airport shuttles and old people when the name Town Car is brought up. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Town car still lives on though with the MkT Town Car livery...

Ford has been on a role bringing back old names: Custom, Courier, Aspire, Freestyle, Territory, Corsair, Continental, Aviator, Bronco, and Town Car. Now, likely Maverick as well.

The only new nameplate Ford has brought out lately is the F-Max. I actually wish they would have names it the Thames instead. Thames being Ford UK's commercial brand back in the day. 

15 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Somebody pinch me, am I dreaming that Lincoln finally has a cohesive showroom that looks good..

...and still to come, a new sub-compact crossover that will slot in below the Corsair (now that it is growing in length and width -- I hear 6" longer and 2" wider), along with the luxury performance all-electric (cousin to the Ford Mach-E). That will be quite a line-up once the dust all settles a year or so from now.