2020 Escape Production Information

ice-capades

Per yesterday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the updated production timetable for the 2019/2020 Ford Escape.

• 05/03/2019 - 2019MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 05/16/2019 - 2019MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 08/02/2019 - 2019MY Job Last Date

• 05/13/2019 - 2020MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 06/13/2019 - 2020MY Scheduling Begins
  • 08/19/2019 - 2020MY Job #1 Date
  • Like 1

Hmm, I wonder something. Seeing how there's 17 days from last 2019 job date and job #1 date for the 2020, I wonder if Ford plans to move production of the 2020 Escape/Corsair elsewhere out of Louisville Assembly Plant? I doubt 17 days is enough to do re-tooling for an all-new Escape/Corsair. Also MKC/Corsair has only 3 days of gap between August 2 and August 5. What's going on here. Is Ford really able to do quick re-tooling for redesigns or are they indeed moving production elsewhere but not yet announced it? Makes me wonder if LAP will be used to build something else later. Just an observation of mine.

Just now, pffan1990 said:

Hmm, I wonder something. Seeing how there's 17 days from last 2019 job date and job #1 date for the 2020, I wonder if Ford plans to move production of the 2020 Escape/Corsair elsewhere out of Louisville Assembly Plant? I doubt 17 days is enough to do re-tooling for an all-new Escape/Corsair. Also MKC/Corsair has only 3 days of gap between August 2 and August 5. What's going on here. Is Ford really able to do quick re-tooling for redesigns or are they indeed moving production elsewhere but not yet announced it? Makes me wonder if LAP will be used to build something else later. Just an observation of mine.

I'm going to guess that they're able to do most of the retooling work while production is running after all. 

Yeah that was one thought I had. Seeing how I'm not into production nor even work for Ford, I would not know. I'm sure they got it all figured out. It is different where you're at since the plant you're at went from making Focus and C-Max into Ranger pickup so the entire plant had to be retooled and changed around. I guess the plant in LAP have been set up in a modular sort of way where the lines and process stay the same for the redesign except changes to how the parts are stamped and so forth. But still go down the same lines and order as far as dipping, paint, assembly, drive out, etc.

Edited by pffan1990

They were able to do some of the ranger chance over work in Final and Paint while Focus production was still going on, but the entire body shop and stamping subs department had to be completely gutted and that started pretty much immediately after the last focus cleared the line. Changing from a unibody car to a body-on-frame truck is a much more massive undertaking than a new platform, especially if the new platform is keeping the same drivetrain configuration. The changeover in Chicago will be more dramatic. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) that was finally available this morning, here's the updated production timetable for the 2019/2020 Ford Escape.

• 04/26/2019 - 2019MY Fleet Final Order Due Date

• 06/13/2019 - 2020MY Scheduling Begins

The 2020 Escape Order Guide should be available on or about 05/13/2019 and will be uploaded to the Product Order Guides section as soon as it's available.

• 2 weeks later...

Been a long time since I considered ordering a vehicle. 

As a non-fleet customer I've got until 5/16 to order a 2019 Escape???    

Not really a fan of the 2020 design and they still don't have a production timeline of "Baby Bronco/Maverick" nor final production form. Bronco and Baby Bronco development seems to be taking forever! 

-Former NAP employee.

• 1 month later...

Per yesterday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) here's the updated production timetable for the 2019/2020 Ford Escape.

• 04/26/2019 - 2019MY Fleet Final Order Due Date

• 06/27/2019 - 2020MY Scheduling Begins

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, hokie4life said:

How soon will we likely see the first 2020s on dealer lots based on the the Job1 date?

Depends on how long OK to buy is given. This one in particular has been one of the quieter launches Ford has had recently so I honestly couldn't even guess when that might possibly be. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2019 at 2:17 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Depends on how long OK to buy is given. This one in particular has been one of the quieter launches Ford has had recently so I honestly couldn't even guess when that might possibly be. 

Dealers are being told not to expect the 2020 Escape to be on the ground in any quantity until October.

• Thanks 1

If you search dealer inventory anywhere in the county it looks like each dealer has under 10 they are getting, but they all say dealer ordered. does not look like anything shipped yet.

I noticed that the Vin numbers correspond to zip codes..

the lower zip code the lower the vin is. I guess that's how they allocate them.

I did notice that not one Hybrid was listed anywhere.