2020 Escape Production Information

ice-capades

10 hours ago, Escape17 said:

If you search dealer inventory anywhere in the county it looks like each dealer has under 10 they are getting, but they all say dealer ordered. does not look like anything shipped yet.

I noticed that the Vin numbers correspond to zip codes..

the lower zip code the lower the vin is. I guess that's how they allocate them.

I did notice that not one Hybrid was listed anywhere.

ZIP Codes have nothing to do with how allocation is done or VIN number assignment. The 2020 Escape Hybrid models are not available until February 2020 production.

11 hours ago, ice-capades said:

ZIP Codes have nothing to do with how allocation is done or VIN number assignment. The 2020 Escape Hybrid models are not available until February 2020 production.

If you look at how the Vins are assigned,  starting at low zip codes they are in the 004000 range, and when you go to the High zip codes the vins are in the 0014000.

There seems to be a correlation as to the zip codes of the dealers.

I thought the Plug in hybrid was not available until the spring, but the regular ones are available now?

Dealers are now receiving allocation for October production including the first availability of the Escape Hybrid 4WD's. The FWD Hybrids are not available for this month's scheduling cycle and the plug-in 2020 Escape Hybrid is still targeted for February 2020. 

FYI... Word is that the 2020 Escape start-up is going smoothly and that "OK to Buy" status is expected to be achieved on 09/16/2019.

1 hour ago, Escape17 said:

Rick1723  Did you see an actual production Hybrid?

How do you know your build date, did the dealer tell you

I want to drive one before i order a Hybrid, but no one has any yet it looks like

It looks exactly the same as the regular one but with a little badge that says hybrid 

fuzzymoomoo… I do work at a dealership and have access to find out the status of my order.. even tho it says 10/22.. others at the dealer say.. it will probably be next year before I get it..

I have seen that there are a lot of Titaniums  being built, But have noticed NO hybrids for stock.. 

1 hour ago, Rick1723 said:

fuzzymoomoo… I do work at a dealership and have access to find out the status of my order.. even tho it says 10/22.. others at the dealer say.. it will probably be next year before I get it..

I have seen that there are a lot of Titaniums  being built, But have noticed NO hybrids for stock.. 

That sounds about right for a new product launch. They always build more premium trims first since generally the people that want to be the first buyers want them fully loaded. We are only just now starting to build more "lease friendly" trim Rangers and we're almost a year into the launch. 

6 hours ago, drakefamily2 said:

Are the FWD Hybrids in production yet? My daughter has one on order

When we met with our Ford Zone Manager on Tuesday to do our wholesale allocation plan for October production, it was the first allocation available for the 2020MY Escape Hybrids. At least for the New York Region, there is no FWD Hybrid allocation available for scheduling yet, AWD Hybrids only.   

Yes,  I ordered a Titanium AWD hybrid.. after having 2 hybrids, 10 Fusion and now a 16 MKZ hybrid.. not because of saving mother earth, but I do like to drive and do save some bucks.. I was wanting a 4wd with a hybrid.. living in MN, the winter does give a little snow!..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, canuckjerry said:

Rumor has it that the 2021 Escape PHEV is delayed till April. Is that true?

37 minutes ago, valve said:

Ford Authority reported the same thing.

I know it sucks waiting longer but it's better long term for them to delay it and get it right rather than release it now and it ends up being a shit show. Lessons learned from the Explorer launch.