So much in this picture hurts

scoobasteve

Hmm, not looking for a new Mustang at this time. But these days it's about the journey, not the destination. Meaning that once the car arrives...... The problems can start, especially like registration if you live in Maine.

Don't drive it in Winter with those Summer tires and if keeping for posterity, well you can probably forget it now. If you financed, well best of luck there for next 72 months. No, never would of bought a Boss back in 12 1/2 if I was working (daily driver), didn't have a separate building to store for 6 months or any payments to make on it. Not to mention taxes, fees, insurance and what else? But that's just me, what I always wanted but took awhile to meet my terms of purchase.

Hope yours will have better airbags anyways, Ford is driving me bonkers about a car that is 100' away from house in shed (car&1/2 garage) and 2' of snow. Right now can open swing doors and do look in on daily lol.

The 2/14 "In Production" tag with no "Awaiting Shipment" noted means your car was caught up in the 8000 Mustangs produced without steering wheels (as was mine).  That "days to delivery" number is quite questionable.  As an example, my car shows "In Production 2/18" and an estimated delivery date of 2/28.  The online tracker dutifully counted down to 1 day on 2/27, stayed at 1 day on 2/28, and has since started counting up, now showing 16 days (i.e. the number of days between 2/28 and now).  The system clearly isn't equipped  to handle exceptions, and I'm surprised whoever programmed it didn't take into consideration the boundary cases where it hasn't' shown up by when it's supposed to.  My tracker is shown below.

There's been no real info as to how soon the cars without wheels will be upfit and shipped.  A regional rep told my salesman that he's heard that everything will be "worked out" by April 5.  I take that date with a grain of salt, as it would seem to imply that nearly 300 cars / day can be corrected and run back into the process.

Still, it should get worked out some day.  And, hey, maybe your car will be one of the early ones fixed.  Then again, both yours and mine have been sitting in a lot a Flat Rock for a month, so sometimes cynicism can take over.

Capture.PNG

image.png

Edited by Zooks527
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zooks527 said:

The 2/14 "In Production" tag with no "Awaiting Shipment" noted means your car was caught up in the 8000 Mustangs produced without steering wheels (as was mine).

This is, what we also see over here in Germany. Window Sticker for ex. 01-18, ETIS 02-13. All that I see over here and hit by steering wheels problem are booked on 02-13.

Edited by DieterG

3 hours ago, Zooks527 said:

The 2/14 "In Production" tag with no "Awaiting Shipment" noted means your car was caught up in the 8000 Mustangs produced without steering wheels (as was mine).  That "days to delivery" number is quite questionable.

That's what I was thinking. First it got caught up in the Magneride backorder and now this, I've had some crazy weird luck with this car. Hope we both get to see them delivered soon.

1 hour ago, scoobasteve said:

That's what I was thinking. First it got caught up in the Magneride backorder and now this, I've had some crazy weird luck with this car. Hope we both get to see them delivered soon.

It's good for a few laughs if nothing else.  My wife was telling it to our mechanic when she was in his shop a few weeks ago, and he was just dumbfounded.  Then there was this conversation I had with my salesman yesterday after he called Ford after realizing we were 2 weeks past the latest delivery date that he had been told:

• SM: "Hey, how are you doing?"
  • Me: "Living the dream. And yourself?"
  • SM: "Me too. Hey, we saw your car was well past the estimated delivery date, and called Ford to find out why. You won't believe this."
  • Me: "What, that it's sitting in a parking lot at Flat Rock without a steering wheel?"
  • SM: "You knew?"
  • Me: "Yeah. Came off the line on 2/18 and has been parked for a month."
  • SM: "Um, yeah. Seems there was a part supply issue"
  • Me: "Yup. Strike in Mexico resulted in them shutting down the line for 3 weeks, then making 8000 cars without wheels."
  • SM: "How many??"
  • Me: "8000. That's going to take a while to fix. Could be weeks. Could be months."
  • SM: "Uh, yeah. The regional rep says they should have it 'worked out' by April 5, but that might just be the supply issue."
  • Me: "Yeah. Who knows?"
  • SM: "Well, you said you didn't want it while there was snow on the ground."
  • Me: "Absolutely. April would work for me."

As long as I had him off guard, I got him to agree to get me a hard copy of the brochure to keep along with the car. 

Edited by Zooks527
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Zooks527 said:

It's good for a few laughs if nothing else.  My wife was telling it to our mechanic when she was in his shop a few weeks ago, and he was just dumbfounded.  Then there was this conversation I had with my salesman yesterday after he called Ford after realizing we were 2 weeks past the latest delivery date that he had been told:

• SM: "Hey, how are you doing?"
  • Me: "Living the dream. And yourself?"
  • SM: "Me too. Hey, we saw your car was well past the estimated delivery date, and called Ford to find out why. You won't believe this."
  • Me: "What, that it's sitting in a parking lot at Flat Rock without a steering wheel?"
  • SM: "You knew?"
  • Me: "Yeah. Came off the line on 2/18 and has been parked for a month."
  • SM: "Um, yeah. Seems there was a part supply issue"
  • Me: "Yup. Strike in Mexico resulted in them shutting down the line for 3 weeks, then making 8000 cars without wheels."
  • SM: "How many??"
  • Me: "8000. That's going to take a while to fix. Could be weeks. Could be months."
  • SM: "Uh, yeah. The regional rep says they should have it 'worked out' by April 5, but that might just be the supply issue."
  • Me: "Yeah. Who knows?"
  • SM: "Well, you said you didn't want it while there was snow on the ground."
  • Me: "Absolutely. April would work for me."

As long as I had him off guard, I got him to agree to get me a hard copy of the brochure to keep along with the car. 

That's great. For the most part it's been about the same with my salesman and his manager. I actually do a little research and end up knowing what's going on a step ahead of them. Thanks in large part from what I'm able to read here nonetheless lol. 

On 3/16/2019 at 5:54 AM, scoobasteve said:

That's great. For the most part it's been about the same with my salesman and his manager. I actually do a little research and end up knowing what's going on a step ahead of them. Thanks in large part from what I'm able to read here nonetheless lol. 

Things are looking up on the steering wheel front!  My car, waiting for a wheel since 2/18, was is now showing as "Released for Shipment" on 3/16.  Steering Wheel Purgatory does have an end !

Edited by Zooks527
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Zooks527 said:

Things are looking up on the steering wheel front!  My car, waiting for a wheel since 2/18, was is now showing as "Released for Shipment" on 3/16.  Steering Wheel Purgatory does have an end !

That's fantastic man! I'll have to go check my status now to see if I'm so lucky. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...