SHO PP Selected at Random for Road Testing

jgonza5

My 2019 Taurus SHO PP (2/7/19 build date) finally arrived, with 70 MI from road testing following assembly. 

Was wondering:

1. How does the selection at random works? (computer flags a VIN or does a human select; does retail vs. stock matter, etc )

2. About what percentage get road testing?

3. Where is the testing done? Onsite test track, public highways, public city streets?  (from google earth at Chicago I did not see an obvious test area; was thinking it sure would suck if the car was totaled on the public roads and production is shutdown for good)

4. Is 70 miles normal?  (I've read other post indication ~30 MI) 

I'm good with having the additional Q.C. done, but was curious about the process.

Thanks!

IMG_0326.JPG

The selection is completely random. I'm not sure how it's determined. Not sure of the percentage either 

it's done on city streets and it's usually between 30-50 miles. Sometimes more miles can show up on the odometer depending on how many miles it's driven on and off trains/trucks, how far they might be driven via convoy to a shipping yard etc. 

Way back in 1988, I bought a brand new Taurus SHO (black on black......sharp car).  It too, was road tested before we took delivery.  Ford attached a little sticker to the window explaining that it had been road tested to assure quality, etc.  I always liked that it had been tested before I took delivery.

10 hours ago, jgonza5 said:

My 2019 Taurus SHO PP (2/7/19 build date) finally arrived, with 70 MI from road testing following assembly. 

Was wondering:

1. How does the selection at random works? (computer flags a VIN or does a human select; does retail vs. stock matter, etc )

2. About what percentage get road testing?

3. Where is the testing done? Onsite test track, public highways, public city streets?  (from google earth at Chicago I did not see an obvious test area; was thinking it sure would suck if the car was totaled on the public roads and production is shutdown for good)

4. Is 70 miles normal?  (I've read other post indication ~30 MI) 

I'm good with having the additional Q.C. done, but was curious about the process.

Thanks!

IMG_0326.JPG

In any case good looking  vehicle! Good luck with it. 106,000 on mine and I was thinking of replacing and I say .."why"??  It is as tight as the day it was new !