‘20 Escape Impressions

fordex

Judging a book only by it’s cover here....

I really do not like the front end of the new Escape— even less so than the 2020 Explorer, which I did not think possible. 

Never been a fan of massive grilles that swallow up the front end. Glad we have two 2017’s. 

32 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

Never heard anyone say this vehicle is not handsome - So the Escape certainly falls into that category with the same conceptual styling

Porsche.PNG

Well it has 4 doors and 4 wheels.  Beyond that, I'm not really seeing it.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Well it has 4 doors and 4 wheels.  Beyond that, I'm not really seeing it.

Ok -  We've  never agreed on much here anyhow.

Let's just say it looks a lot more along the lines of the Porsche, than the segment leaders RAV4 and CR-V- agree?

Yeah, the longer hood.  The lower stance appearance.  Fairly straight belt-line.  Almost bordering on wagon like the the European models are following.  That's what the Escape is slant towards.  The last kick up in the belt-line of the Escape is the only thing that doesn't follow the Euro models.

Just look at VW/Audi as well.  Same over all shape.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/3/2019 at 9:12 AM, Maverick601 said:

Saw it at the NY auto show and liked it enough to order one

I assume you have it by now, unless they held it back due to the recall.  I am waiting to see how it performs in comparison tests.  Reviews are generally good, with a lot of praise hesitation regarding the rough-idling turbo 3.  I'm sure it'll get dinged for a nice price increase while losing 25% of an engine...we'll see.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Well, I've got a 2020 in the garage. The dealer that is putting the new engine in my '18 asked me to bring the Fusion back, and swap it for this.  So, I'll have a week or so test drive that I wasn't expecting.

HRG

2020 Escape loaner.jpg

What trim level is that?  It looks really plain.  My guess would be an SE.  PLEASE let us know your opinion of the 3 cylinder.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

2 things that irritate me because it requires an upgrade to the even-more expensive SEL are the power liftgate and rear bumper sensors.  Foglights too.

Seems like a good deal to me.  SEL is only a $2200 upgrade but you get the lift gate, Fog lights, 18” wheels, memory mirrors, remote start, reverse sensing, heated leather steering wheel,one touch up/down windows and upgraded seats.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Seems like a good deal to me.  SEL is only a $2200 upgrade but you get the lift gate, Fog lights, 18” wheels, memory mirrors, remote start, reverse sensing, heated leather steering wheel,one touch up/down windows and upgraded seats.

Sure, with a $12K+ discount.  Can get a fancier Equinox around here right now with $14K off.  Those Escape discounts will be flying come this time next year, maybe sooner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

Sure, with a $12K+ discount.  Can get a fancier Equinox around here right now with $14K off.  Those Escape discounts will be flying come this time next year, maybe sooner.

Good points CLTEcoBoost sir. Right now, the factory customer cash offer (non-conditional) for a 2020 Escape SE 200A is $500 in the DFW Metroplex. Here's one example at Autonation Ford Fort Worth. After the new year the discount will probably be much higher.

image.png.a3729de854e55960fe7f68574d98ecb0.png

2 hours ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

$14K on a 2020 or leftover 2019?

Maybe you should ask why they need a $14K discount to sell them.

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Good points CLTEcoBoost sir. Right now, the factory customer cash offer (non-conditional) for a 2020 Escape SE 200A is $500 in the DFW Metroplex. Here's one example at Autonation Ford Fort Worth. After the new year the discount will probably be much higher.

image.png.a3729de854e55960fe7f68574d98ecb0.png

The entire marketing focus is on clearing out the remaining 2019's. Once the 2019 Escape inventory is low enough you'll start to see increased incentives on the new 2020's. It's like this on all the vehicles when they're transitioning to the new models. It also9 allows Ford to maximize the profits on the early 2020MY sales. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2019 at 1:04 PM, akirby said:

$14K on a 2020 or leftover 2019?

Maybe you should ask why they need a $14K discount to sell them.

Due to the GM strike, '19s are hard to find.  It's on a 2020.  It's because GM and Ford products aren't nearly as popular, in most cases, as the ones from Japan.  But, Consumer Reports just rated the Equinox (and Terrain) high in reliability.  The GM 1.5 Turbo doesn't seem to have all of the issues the Ford 1.5 Turbo (in 4-cylinder guise) has.  I expect the 3-cylinder to be low in reliability as well.  I wouldn't chance a first-year model, anyway.