2018 with 21 way seats experiencing a squeaky seat.

Drivers seat has a squeaky seat bolster, it’s the top one just below the head rest. Dealer replaced it as a warranty issue but the squeak was back within a day.  I hear it when I shift around in the seat and it’s a metal on metal high pitch nails on chalkboard annoyance.  Anyone else experience this or have any ideas? I told my service manager that I’d ask around before making him come back out to get it.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, 18ReserveLNavigator said:

I'm experiencing the same thing.  Dealership had my vehicle for 3 days to perform the replacement.  The squeak was back the next day...not nearly as loud but back nonetheless.  Is your issue fixed?

Unfortunately it has not been resolved.  I have not taken it back in yet since the initial attempt to repair.  I feel like it’s something simple and cheap... to me it sounds like a lack of lubricant on a metal to metal contact point.  However, just because the remedy may be simple getting to the area of the seat bolted may be the challenge.  From what my service manage told me it’s somewhat common so hopefully there is a fix for this soon.  It’s literally ‘nails on chalkboard’ level annoying to me.

• 2 months later...

I had this issue. Diagnosis was "Lumbar motor was scraping against bottom of the back seat rest frame".  The stated repair was "Used foam from squeak and rattle kit and placed it between frame and motor".  This was in January 2019 and I haven't heard a squeak since.  Hope this helps. 

On 8/15/2019 at 11:04 AM, TDM65 said:

I had this issue. Diagnosis was "Lumbar motor was scraping against bottom of the back seat rest frame".  The stated repair was "Used foam from squeak and rattle kit and placed it between frame and motor".  This was in January 2019 and I haven't heard a squeak since.  Hope this helps. 

I will show this to my service guy when I get my next service, thanks!

• 3 months later...

I’ve noticed a slight squeak, or more accurately a ticking sound, that seems to come from the driver’s seat bottom especially when turning. I read online where a TSB has been issued for a cracked or broken outside front seat bolster support bracket. Has anyone experienced this issue or had the TSB performed yet?

I also have this squeak.  The top portion of the seat is sort of suspended and allows for front to back movement- it's that movement that seams to trigger it.  When I head in for service I plan on having that addressed as well as the steering wheel that never remembers it's proper position...