Ford Offering Up To $2,000 Off Ranger Pickups In April

Taco buyers dont care about anything on the ford lot....how they can still sell $40k wranglers also fits into this mindset...ranger should have stayed buried until they were ready to release a usa spec vehicle as going forth as what we have now will forever remain on the minds of small useless truck shoppers...in summary yota luvs you...ford not so much....summary continuation, yota buyers will continue to buy a second rate taco and still be able to smile.....wranglers buyers will freeze to death in a wrangler and smile about rain dripping on them at other times....ranger buyers will never understang these why's of these universe truths in regards to taco and wrangler buyers...

1 hour ago, snooter said:

ranger should have stayed buried until they were ready to release a usa spec vehicle as going forth as what we have now will forever remain on the minds of small useless truck shoppers...in summary yota luvs you...ford not so much...

Huh? What's that all about? I just got a new Ranger and it's an excellent midsized pickup and Ford should not have left it buried. There are a few minor things they should have addressed like a split-folding rear seat and maybe spent a little more time on suspension tuning, but those are easy fixes. The powertrain is excellent, it looks good and feels well built. I've owned several new Ford vehicles and several late model, low mileage vehicles and the Ranger is my favorite one I've ever gotten. For how I use a pickup I like the Ranger way more then the '16 F150 SuperCab I had before. It's quick, nimble, easy to park and more fun to drive. It's also better off road then a stock F150 with it's smaller size. The box is smaller for sure, but I'm just a homeowner and we have larger trucks I can use when I visit the ranch.

The only mistake Ford made is this Ranger should have been ready to roll a couple years earlier in the US, but it is what it is.

18 hours ago, snooter said:

ranger should have stayed buried until they were ready to release a usa spec vehicle as going forth as what we have now will forever remain on the minds of small useless truck shoppers

If Ford waited until the next generation truck is ready to bring Ranger back to U.S., it would forego a lot of profit. And the chance to take the title of "#1 best selling pickup truck manufacturer" away from GM.

As I mentioned earlier, it's much better that Ford has something in the midsize pickup category now than nothing at all. Midsize truck market in the U.S. continues a multi year boom.

1 minute ago, rperez817 said:

If Ford waited until the next generation truck is ready to bring Ranger back to U.S., it would forego a lot of profit. And the chance to take the title of "#1 best selling pickup truck manufacturer" away from GM.

As I mentioned earlier, it's much better that Ford has something in the midsize pickup category now than nothing at all. Midsize truck market in the U.S. continues a multi year boom.

The only one that truly cares about "best selling pickup truck manufacturer" is GM.  They had to shift to that from the usual Silverado+Sierra > F-series when that argument no longer was true.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

The only one that truly cares about "best selling pickup truck manufacturer" is GM.  

GM cares about it because they've been #1 in U.S. pickup truck sales for so long. They don't want to lose that title. 

Ford may not care as much as GM about it. But if Ford is able to take the honor away from GM this year thanks to the Ranger, it would be valuable for Ford marketing.

43 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

GM cares about it because they've been #1 in U.S. pickup truck sales for so long. They don't want to lose that title. 

Ford may not care as much as GM about it. But if Ford is able to take the honor away from GM this year thanks to the Ranger, it would be valuable for Ford marketing.

When it happens, the message will become "We're GM, we sell the most trucks+BOF SUVs"

A best selling model makes sense to advertise because it implies that the vehicle is best in class or at least very desirable for whatever reason which might sway a new buyer.

But saying you sell more trucks (or vans or cars or whatever) doesn't have that same connotation - it just means you have a lot of those types of vehicles.

If anyone is interested, I have a guy who can get people the $2k for Rangers PCO (not eligible on ADZ plan).  PM me for details.  There are others too like a $6k Expedition, $3500 Fseries and $5k Escape/edge/explorer.

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 5:50 PM, snooter said:

...ranger should have stayed buried until they were ready to release a usa spec vehicle as going forth as what we have now will forever remain on the minds of small useless truck shoppers...

I've driven the competition (well, except the Gladiator) and I can tell you, the Ranger is plenty competitive and better in many aspects.  Does it bring anything new to the segment? Depends on what is important to you.  The powertrain alone is a slam dunk against anything else out there...and it is standard across the line.

Just because it doesn't have panoramic roof or doesn't park itself don't think it is not a modern solid quality truck.  The car mags want to see things that make them go "ooohh and ahhh" when something new comes out.  The Ranger is a solid, competitive truck which has all it needs and nothing it doesn't (except for fold flat rear seats, which even I admit should have been there for US launch)

Edited by Anthony

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

The Ranger is a solid, competitive truck which has all it needs and nothing it doesn't

I'm fine with fact that 2019 Ranger is "old school trucky". Crude but honest truck for people who don't need or want the capabilities of a full-size pickup. Many other existing Ford Ranger owners are just fine with this too.

As I mentioned in another thread, some professional reviewers took Ford's PR stuff literally when they said 2019 U.S. Ranger is "all-new" in the press release last year. Anyone willing to do a little research knows that 2019 U.S. Ranger is the same T6 Ranger that's been sold in other parts of the world for almost a decade, modified to meet U.S. regulations.

Even owners of other old midsize trucks other than Honda Ridgeline may find the conquest incentive worthwhile and go to their local Ford dealer for a Ranger test drive.

1 minute ago, rperez817 said:

I'm fine with fact that 2019 Ranger is "old school trucky". Crude but honest truck for people who don't need or want the capabilities of a full-size pickup. Many other existing Ford Ranger owners are just fine with this too.

As I mentioned in another thread, some professional reviewers took Ford's PR stuff literally when they said 2019 U.S. Ranger is "all-new" in the press release last year. Anyone willing to do a little research knows that 2019 U.S. Ranger is the same T6 Ranger that's been sold in other parts of the world for almost a decade, modified to meet U.S. regulations.

Even owners of other old midsize trucks other than Honda Ridgeline may find the conquest incentive worthwhile and go to their local Ford dealer for a Ranger test drive.

Image result for thank you captain obvious gif

$750 fleet incentive for 2019 Ranger announced yesterday. https://www.automotive-fleet.com/330480/ford-offers-fleet-incentive-for-ranger-pickup

Ford is offering a fleet incentive for its 2019 Ranger midsize pickup on two of the three trim grades, according to Ford.

Ford will provide a $750 discount on commercial orders of the midsize pickup, which returned to the Ford lineup after an eight-year hiatus. The incentive is available for the XLT and Lariat trims. The base XL trim doesn't currently carry an incentive.

In September, Ford announced it would offer several fleet-exclusive options with the pickup that in its early form was once a mainstay with pest control, landscaping, and other commercial and government fleets.

5 hours ago, rperez817 said:

?

It is quite apparent that you have not driven any of the newer mid-size trucks, especially a new Ranger. There's no need to give you any more replies in this thread.

14 hours ago, rperez817 said:

$750 fleet incentive for 2019 Ranger announced yesterday. https://www.automotive-fleet.com/330480/ford-offers-fleet-incentive-for-ranger-pickup

Interestingly,the fleet incentive only applies to XLT and Lariat trims, the base XL is excluded.

Ford encouraging fleet buyers to take a higher trim mix, improving ATPs and strengthening residual values.

Like SVOGT indicated, the offers seem to be regional. He's in NJ and I'm in SC where neither one of us has a conquest offer...only the $500 or the financing offer for a retail purchase. Man could I use that extra $1,500...but I wouldn't live in California for 15 Million !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Interestingly,the fleet incentive only applies to XLT and Lariat trims, the base XL is excluded.

Ford encouraging fleet buyers to take a higher trim mix, improving ATPs and strengthening residual values.

I thought that was kinda weird.  Who else but a rental agency would buy Lariats as fleet?  And a rental agency isn’t relying on incentives, they negotiate bulk fleet orders.  Incentives for marketing sake?

3 hours ago, CaseyKasey said:

Like SVOGT indicated, the offers seem to be regional. He's in NJ and I'm in SC where neither one of us has a conquest offer...only the $500 or the financing offer for a retail purchase. Man could I use that extra $1,500...but I wouldn't live in California for 15 Million !

My Lariat is coming in 2 weeks, I bet conquest offer will get extended in June... AFTER I take delivery!  ?

I also wouldn't want to reside in Cali but may eventually go to NC or SC. ?

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

I thought that was kinda weird.  Who else but a rental agency would buy Lariats as fleet?  And a rental agency isn’t relying on incentives, they negotiate bulk fleet orders.  Incentives for marketing sake?

All fleet customers negotiate bulk orders and price concessions. But Ford's "National Fleet Incentive" may be different based on customer type. Commerical non-rental vs. rental agency vs. government. The in-service time and mileage requirements may also vary for the different fleet customer types.

For example, rental agencies get a $1,000 incentive for 2019 Ranger instead of the $750 for non-rental commercial. And it looks like the incentive for rental agencies isn't restricted to XLT and Lariat Rangers only. Ford just says "2019 Ranger". https://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/NEWS/Long Term Announcement - Current Year.pdf