How do you like the 2019 MKZ Hybrid?

NJRonbo

Looking to possibly lease a 2019 MKZ Hybrid with all the trimmings including the Revel 20 speaker audio system.

Anyone have this vehicle and want to comment on the ride?

I will probably lease it if I can put $7k down total (includes destination charges) and about $430 a month ($12k miles a year)

8 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

Looking to possibly lease a 2019 MKZ Hybrid with all the trimmings including the Revel 20 speaker audio system.

I will probably lease it if I can put $7k down total (includes destination charges) and about $430 a month ($12k miles a year)

Hi NJRonbo. While I can not speak directly for the 2019 Hybrid, I do have a 2018 MKZ 3.0T AWD Reserve. All options except a moonroof.  We love it. The 2018 and 2019 MKZ's are identical.

I have found the Revel Ultima audio system to be excellent, especially for high quality audio sources/files.  As with all audio systems, the sound quality is only as good as the audio source.  Sirius Radio is lower quality sound, but that is due to the low bit broadcast by Sirius. HD Radio and flash drive sound sources are excellent.

The ride is great and has several settings.  Comfort, Normal and Sport.  So you can set the ride for separate use in Drive or Sport transmission modes. I have it set for Comfort while in Drive and Sport when in Sport.

I would highly recommend the 2018-2019 MKZ. Good luck with your shopping.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 5:31 AM, NJRonbo said:

Just finalized a lease on a 2019 MKZ, fully loaded.  Hybrid.

Does this have a digital speedometer?  I am just remembering that the 2016 MKX did not and that was a huge disappointment.,

Hi NJRonbo.  The non-hybrid 2018 MKZ does.  I am not 100% sure about the hybrid models, but I would safely assume they do to.  It is accessed on my 2018 MKZ Reserve 3.0T AWD, through the Drivers Information Center buttons on the right side of the steering wheel. I am assuming the 2019 models are the same.

Good luck with your new MKZ!

48 minutes ago, fusionff said:

Congrats.  t2039.gif   The MKZ is a great car, and the Revel Ultima system sounds incredible.  

And today is Friday, so let's see some pictures...

Have a couple hours of paperwork to do at Lincoln before I pick up car.

Will try to post something Saturday.  Thanks for the kind words and the help!

23 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi NJRonbo.  The non-hybrid 2018 MKZ does.  I am not 100% sure about the hybrid models, but I would safely assume they do to.  It is accessed on my 2018 MKZ Reserve 3.0T AWD, through the Drivers Information Center buttons on the right side of the steering wheel. I am assuming the 2019 models are the same.

Good luck with your new MKZ!

If you have time could you post steps to find it?

it may be a fruitless effort as I have looked through every driver info setting and there is no digital speedometer 

thanks

Hi NJRonbo.  Congratualtions! Looks great. Magnetic Gray Metallic? Same color as my 2018. In fact, I almost purchased from George Wall, but was eventually able to negotiate a better final price from another Dealership. 

Concerning the digital speedometer reading, here is how I access it on my non-hybrid 2018:

Using the touchpad on the right side of the steering wheel do the following (realizing mine is a non-hybrid)-

- Press the left arrow on the right touchpad to access the menu.

- Press the down arrow on the touchpad to highlight "Speedometer".

- Press the "OK" button in the middle of the touchpad.

Voila! A digital speedometer in the middle of the dash display!

And in addition to reading the Owners Manual, I would also recommend scrolling through, experimenting and playing with all the different settings in the Drivers Information Center and Infotainment/Navigation/SYNC screen. There is quite a bit there, and now that you have your new MKZ, it is much more fun to do than reading the manual alone.

Best of luck with your new MKZ!

Edited by bbf2530

39 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi NJRonbo.  Congratulations! Looks great. Magnetic Gray Metallic? Same color as my 2018. In fact, I almost purchased from George Wall, but was eventually able to negotiate a better final price from another Dealership. 

Concerning the digital speedometer reading...hoping it is similar on a 2019 MKZ Hybrid, here is how I access it on my non-hybrid 2018:

Using the touchpad on the right side of the steering wheel do the following (realizing mine is a non-hybrid)-

- Press the left arrow on the right touchpad to access the menu.

- Press the down arrow on the touchpad to highlight "Speedometer".

- Press the "OK" button in the middle of the touchpad.

Voila! A digital speedometer in the middle of the dash display!

If my instructions do not work for your 2019 Hybrid, navigate around the Driver Information Center settings in your car to find where the Digital Speedometer is hiding.

And in addition to reading the Owners Manual, I would also recommend scrolling through, experimenting and playing with all the different settings in the Drivers Information Center and Infotainment/Navigation/SYNC screen. There is quite a bit there, and now that you have your new MKZ, it is much more fun to do than reading the manual alone. And there are likely many more driver configurable settings available on a Hybrid.

Best of luck with your new MKZ!

Stupid system here on Blue Oval does not allow editing after a very short time, so I am left to quoting myself above to add to my previous comments...lolololol.

Edited by bbf2530

• 7 months later...

I just leased my third Mkz  Hybrid.....16..17 and now a 2019. As a longtime hybrid owner i  have noticed that every year we seem to lose something. I also had a 2014 Fusion Hybrid. My 2014 Fusion and 2016 Mkz hybrid in the instrument cluster had the blue battery icon showing the high voltage battery level in real time with arrows above and below the blue battery showing charging or below to indicate discharging. The 2014 and 2016 also had EV+.  In my 2017 Mkz Hybrid the indicator arrows were gone with no explanation. Now my 2019 mkz hybrid Reserve 2 has no arrows no blue battery and EV+ is now gone!! There is a generic looking regen battery but it disappears after regen stops. What gives?? 

31 minutes ago, Willie Boss Cross said:

I just leased my third Mkz  Hybrid.....16..17 and now a 2019. As a longtime hybrid owner i  have noticed that every year we seem to lose something. I also had a 2014 Fusion Hybrid. My 2014 Fusion and 2016 Mkz hybrid in the instrument cluster had the blue battery icon showing the high voltage battery level in real time with arrows above and below the blue battery showing charging or below to indicate discharging. The 2014 and 2016 also had EV+.  In my 2017 Mkz Hybrid the indicator arrows were gone with no explanation. Now my 2019 mkz hybrid Reserve 2 has no arrows no blue battery and EV+ is now gone!! There is a generic looking regen battery but it disappears after regen stops. What gives?? 

Cost cutting on a dead end product.  Fusion, Edge and Nautilus are getting the same treatment.

One other thing that is changing.. I owned a 2010 fusion hybrid and a 16 MKZ hybrid.. loved 'em both.. but being in MN sometimes the snow piles.. Anyway when Ford came out with the 20 Escape both with a hybrid and All wheel drive I bit... no more leaves growing.. and no little green car with the arrows.. just a green  "ready" message..  the new center screens are pretty cool..

what really is an eye opener.. only because of owning my Lincoln is how the "critics" say ahh a MKZ is a glorified ford, buy a ford and save the money... NO.. there are touches I miss that Ford does not have... I guess it was time to move on.. just my observations and yes seems they decontent as the years go on...

Rick.

I have always heard that Lincoln is just a rebadged Ford.

Not true.

I love the Lincoln brand.  The ride is just ridiculously smooth.  

I particularly love my MKZ hybrid.  It has been a solid performer.  I will be sticking with the Lincoln Brand for the rest of my life.

On 4/22/2019 at 9:36 AM, NJRonbo said:

Looking for mkz hybrid, just wondering if you could get that deal, $7000 down, 450 a month tax included, for 36 months? Not sure what to pay since they have many packages.

46 minutes ago, NYman said:

Looking for mkz hybrid, just wondering if you could get that deal, $7000 down, 450 a month tax included, for 36 months? Not sure what to pay since they have many packages.

I'm showing X plan pricing of $437/month with $7K down on a loaded hybrid Reserve II but that doesn't include taxes.   There may be more local incentives so I'd say that's very doable.  Just go check with the dealer.

My lease was more difficult to decipher

I was trading in a practically new 2018 Honda Accord.

I ended up putting nothing down and paying $330 a month on a loaded Hybrid Reserve 2

I love my MKX.  It really has a nice, smooth ride.  Do what you can to get yourself into that vehicle.

• Like 1