2019 Shelby GT-S Mustang is a supercharged rental car not for Hertz

IMSA-XJR9

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/03/2019-shelby-gt-s-mustang-supercharged-rental-car-sixt/

I think these look very good!  Design looks clean and mean, imo.  Especially the orange . . . 

That supercharger is installed by Shelby and bumps power from the 5.0-liter V8 up to over 600 horsepower (Shelby doesn't get any more specific than that). It will only be available with the 10-speed automatic transmission. Other improved performance aspects are upgraded Brembo front brakes, Ford Performance springs and anti-roll bars and a Borla cat-back exhaust. Visually, the car gets either an orange paint job with black stripes or a black paint job with orange stripes to match SIXT's corporate colors. It has the body kit from the Shelby GT and Shelby wheels. And on the inside, there is a black and orange leather interior with orange stitching and embroidery.

2019-shelby-gt-s-mustang-1.jpg

Would love to know the day rate and how far in advance you'll have to reserve it.  We'll typically borrow our daughter's car when we visit her in LA, but this could move me towards to counter for a few days, especially for the chance to compare it to my GT.  Sadly, considering the limited number they're going to make, I'd expect it will be like winning the lottery to be able to get a slot for one.

One question, though.  From the article: "The base price for the GT is $61,345".  Huh?

• 10 months later...