The only thing I like my long antenna for is an early warning system.  That antenna is just a couple of inches taller than my cab.  So if my antenna hits, my cab is close.

You should see the door jamb of my 7 foot door.  It used to be aluminum cladded.  Had all the dimple marks from the antenna brushing the door rubber seal on the bottom, then TWANG, thwacks the door jamb.  Looks like someone took 100 BB shots to the top part.

When I had my house resided, I put up vinyl door jambs.  Hardly a mark on those.  Pretty tough stuff.

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2019 at 11:43 PM, averagengineer said:

So i just saw a prototype of the new f150 today, nothing revolutionary on the exterior but the interior is a huge improvement from today. Huge landscape touchscreen with Sync 4 and all digital instrument cluster, exquisite materials, lots of leather and high quality materials. If you have any questions feel free to ask

Question for you: Some websites are speculating that the 5.0L could be replaced by a 4.8L in the next gen F-150. Any truth to that?

I saw that report somewhere too.  Not sure where that is coming from.  I think the 5.0 has been a good engine.

Only reason I can see for an update is maybe they will build cylinder deactivation, similar to what the 3 cylinder has.  Or some other tech the 5.0 maybe can't do as easily right now.  Maybe make the bottom end more stout to handle the torque of a twin turbo setup.  Something along those lines.  A TT 4.8 V8 would make a good 6.2 NA replacement for something slotted below the 7.3 NA.

This was rumored about 2 1/2 years ago. At that time, stories had the 4.8 replacing the 5.0 in the 2018 Mustang and F150. It was mentioned then that the new engine would have dual fuel injection. The 2018 5.0 did get the dual injection so I'm guessing the story is wrong now as it was then. With all the emphasis on the ecoboost V-6's and as good as the 5.0 already is, it doesn't seem likely Ford would go to the expecnse of designing a new small V-8.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blksn8k2 said:

Question for you: Some websites are speculating that the 5.0L could be replaced by a 4.8L in the next gen F-150. Any truth to that?

I doubt it since Ford has already announced they're reducing investment in new gas engines and putting that money into hybrid/battery technology instead.

6 minutes ago, Trader 10 said:

This was rumored about 2 1/2 years ago. At that time, stories had the 4.8 replacing the 5.0 in the 2018 Mustang and F150. It was mentioned then that the new engine would have dual fuel injection. The 2018 5.0 did get the dual injection so I'm guessing the story is wrong now as it was then. With all the emphasis on the ecoboost V-6's and as good as the 5.0 already is, it doesn't seem likely Ford would go to the expecnse of designing a new small V-8.

This ^^

As I understand it, Ford were looking at developing a 4.8 but they managed to hit their MPG and emissions targets with the gen-3 Coyote, so the plans were dropped.

On 5/6/2019 at 11:43 PM, averagengineer said:

So i just saw a prototype of the new f150 today, nothing revolutionary on the exterior but the interior is a huge improvement from today. Huge landscape touchscreen with Sync 4 and all digital instrument cluster, exquisite materials, lots of leather and high quality materials. If you have any questions feel free to ask

Quick question...  any chance we will see another Lightning with the new model?