2020 Fusion Order Guide

ice-capades

was leaked a few days ago the fusion has been extended till my2023.  im wondering why at the bottom of the order guide it says 2.7l ecoboost but doesnt list it anywhere in order guide. wondering if they offer a different sport version later in the year.

16 hours ago, desratt said:

im wondering why at the bottom of the order guide it says 2.7l ecoboost but doesnt list it anywhere in order guide. wondering if they offer a different sport version later in the year.

Saw that too.  Thought maybe it was an optional engine for the Titanium but not listed as so.  Most likely an editing mistake and somebody forgot to delete that line.  Bet it disappears when the fuel mileage numbers are added.  Seems like on those order guides they always make small description corrections later.

Doubt there will be another Fusion Sport, at least a V6 version.  If you look on Autotrader, there are still some new 2017 Sports on dealer lots if you can believe that.  Read on another forum/post somewhere that a fellow says he got, if I remember right, $14,000 off MSRP.  Tells me they haven't been selling like hotcakes, so doubt Ford will invest in another low sales trim level, especially one that requires unique parts to mount the V6 powertrain.  They'll concentrate on trim levels that sell the most.  Wonder if they will get rid of the V6 in the MKZ too for 2020.

I would take the 2023 date with a grain of salt.  The date has changed more than once and I'm sure will change again.  If so, will probably be a stripped down version by then.

14 hours ago, KCM1 said:

Doubt there will be another Fusion Sport, at least a V6 version.  If you look on Autotrader, there are still some new 2017 Sports on dealer lots if you can believe that.  Read on another forum/post somewhere that a fellow says he got, if I remember right, $14,000 off MSRP.  Tells me they haven't been selling like hotcakes, so doubt Ford will invest in another low sales trim level, especially one that requires unique parts to mount the V6 powertrain.  They'll concentrate on trim levels that sell the most.  Wonder if they will get rid of the V6 in the MKZ too for 2020.

There is next to no demand for a performance 4 door sedan for the most part-the SHO has always had almost $4500 rebate on its entire production run and the Fusion Sport seems similar. 

If people are going to pay 40K+ for a car, they rather buy a CUV instead. Not to mention the Explorer Sport seems to do well sales wise from what I can tell around me...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

If people are going to pay 40K+ for a car, they rather buy a CUV instead. 

Or a luxury brand car like BMW 3-Series, Tesla Model 3, Jaguar XE, Alfa Romeo Giulia, etc. Even those cars are suffering from the CUV insanity though.

While the '20 Fusion will clearly be the value play in the midsize market (and probably attract a lot of bottom-feeders), despite all the disappointing decontenting, it's pretty clear that Ford is focusing the Fusion on the fleet market.  Expect the Fusion to be a player in the 'hoods, overflowing the rental lots, and used by government desk jockeys by the boatload.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

Expect the Fusion to be a player in the 'hoods, overflowing the rental lots, and used by government desk jockeys by the boatload.

That is already the case. When I visit Washington, D.C. for work, I see lots of late model Ford Fusions with GSA federal government license plates, and at rental car places near DCA airport and in the city. Wouldn't be surprised if by 2020, fleet becomes 50%+ of all U.S. Ford Fusion sales.

Taking a second look at the '20 changes and I see that the decontenting is major.  Many of the features that swung me over to a Fusion are being removed, like the power passenger seat on the SE.  Ditching the spare tire is taking things too far, though.  It's now Kia-laughable.  They'd better not raise prices for '20, or even hold the line; this calls for decreases.  I can see that some of it is to justify the SEL trim.  For the '19s, a $4500 increase over the SE was too much and I doubt many SELs are being sold.  If they'd gone to $28K instead of overpricing to $29.5K, I might have been able to see it.

I miss the extra trim inside the glove box..my '18 Titanium is a bare metal/plastic compartment. My '14 Titanium had a padded door, storage net, and padding inside.

My '18 Titanium console storage is bare plastic. My '14 Titanium had a light, input jacks, a 12-volt outlet, and even a pen holder. I don't like going to the same trim, newer model year, and having less extras. Also, the ambient lighting for the rear seat wells and front door latches is gone for '18, as are the rear floor mats. Not good. I hate watching this beautiful sedan twist in the wind and die a slow death that won't be over until the summer of 2023.

Edited by PeterC6482

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if May sales figures for the Japanese Big 3 are any indication, Ford (and GM and FCA) might soon start sweating.  MAJOR rebound in sales of midsize sedans.  I hope it's because folks are getting worried and finally coming to their senses about spending $50 grand on basically a high-riding gussied-up sedan, often with less content than the sedans on which they are based.

The glovebox on my '17 Fusion is not lined, but IS lighted and lockable.  Better than most competitors, but the decontenting on the '18 is interesting.

Edited by CLTEcoBoost

4 minutes ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

Well, if May sales figures for the Japanese Big 3 are any indication, Ford (and GM and FCA) might soon start sweating.  MAJOR rebound in sales of midsize sedans.  I hope it's because folks are getting worried and finally coming to their senses about spending $50 grand on basically a high-riding gussied-up sedan, often with less content than the sedans on which they are based.

What are you talking about? The only mid sizer to see an improvement from the Japanese was the Altima and in all likelyhood with a spike of 59%, it was a major fleet order.  

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2019/05/midsize-car-sales-in-america-april-2019/

3 hours ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

I'm talking about May 2019 sales, not April.

Thank you CLTEcoBoost sir. That's what I interpreted from your previous post. Anyway here are the sales numbers for the most popular midsize sedans in the USA in May 2019.

• Toyota Camry: 36,208, +21% (Camry Hybrid: 2,991, +50%)
  • Nissan Altima: 24,218, +5%
  • Honda Accord: 23,892, -15% 

On 6/3/2019 at 11:47 AM, silvrsvt said:

The only mid sizer to see an improvement from the Japanese was the Altima and in all likelyhood with a spike of 59%, it was a major fleet order.  

Nissan's reputation and profitability have been badly damaged by its eagerness to increase sales totals by fleet dumping in the past few years. Nissan executives recognize how unwise that was. They have now moved away from fleet dumping and other low or no profit sales activities. https://www.autonews.com/automakers-suppliers/ceo-nissan-performance-hitting-rock-bottom

"...there are still some new 2017 Sports on dealer lots.. "

Reminds me of the stories of the unsold 1970 Plymouth Superbirds. Where dealers did their own "de-contenting" and removed the rear wings and added plain grilles to move them.

"I'd take the 2023 date with a grain of salt"

Agree, sounds like wishful thinking. And if they do, it may be "fleet only" like the 2005-07 Taurus.

Edited by 630land

• 4 weeks later...