2020 Escape Order Guide

Equipment is a disaster, already seems to be behind on equipment you can get in the segment, you can tell cost cutting was in full effect for U.S. vehicles. No Heated wiper park, no rain sensing wipers, no 360 Camera, LED headlights only on top of the line, no steering responsive headlights no 10" screen. (the 12" Cluster is nice that it is included on Hybrids) No cooled seats, no heated back seats.

Overall should keep current Escape owners that don't cross shop happy but I don't see Toyota/Honda/Nissan or even Chevy drivers switching over. Packaging is a full on disaster.

2020MY Escape  vs. 2019MY Escape - MSRP Price Comparison

• 2019MY Escape S FWD - MSRP $24,105
  • 2020MY Escape S FWD - MSRP $24,885
  • 2020MY Escape S 4WD - MSRP $26,385 (New Model)
  • 2019MY Escape SE FWD - MSRP $26,500
  • 2020MY Escape SE FWD - MSRP $27,095
  • 2019MY Escape SE AWD - MSRP $28,000
  • 2020MY Escape SE AWD - MSRP $28,595
  • 2020MY Escape SE Sport FWD - MSRP $28,255 (New Model)
  • 2020MY Escape SE Sport AWD - MSRP $29,755 (New Model)
  • 2019MY Escape SEL FWD - MSRP $28,445
  • 2020MY Escape SEL FWD - MSRP $29,255
  • 2019MY Escape SEL AWD - MSRP $29,945
  • 2020MY Escape SEL AWD - MSRP $30,755 (301A)
  • 2020MY Escape SEL AWD - MSRP $33,040 (2.0L w/301A)
  • 2019MY Escape Titanium FWD - MSRP $32,620
  • 2020MY Escape Titanium FWD - MSRP $33,402 (Hybrid 400A)
  • 2019MY Escape Titanium AWD - MSRP $34,120
  • 2020MY Escape Titanium AWD - MSRP $34,900 (Hybrid 400A)
  • 2020MY Escape Titanium AWD - MSRP $36,685 (401A)

All 2020MY Escape Models - Destination & Delivery = $1,095

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 3

BIG difference to convince Equinox shoppers to go Escape:  CoPilot 360.  To get that stuff on an Equinox ('20 included), you have to buy the top-of-the-line Premier trim.  BIG negative for the Escape: the 3-cylinder turbo will likely turn away many, until more 3T's appear on the market.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

BIG difference to convince Equinox shoppers to go Escape:  CoPilot 360.  To get that stuff on an Equinox ('20 included), you have to buy the top-of-the-line Premier trim.  BIG negative for the Escape: the 3-cylinder turbo will likely turn away many, until more 3T's appear on the market.

MY 2020 Equinox now comes with AEB, LKA, and automatic high beams standard on all trims. BSM/RCTA isn't offered on L and LS models though and only comes standard on Premier.

I think 2020 Escape is the only vehicle in its class with AEB, LKA, automatic high beams, and BSM/RCTA standard across the board.  

Good point about the 1.5L turbo 3 cylinder. Even though it should be better than the weak and noisy 1.0L Ecoboost 3-cylinder, this could be a hard sell in the U.S. The hybrid powertrain seems very promising though. As I mentioned in another 2020 Escape thread, Ford may match or beat RAV4 Hybrid in fuel economy and performance with the 2020 Escape Hybrid.

13 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

And why exactly is that? It's the same size engine as the 4 cylinder it's replacing....

There are potential customers out there who think "3-cylinder engine" in any car larger than a subcompact means poor performance. And Ford gave those prospects good reason for thinking that way. The 1.0L 3-cylinder versions of Focus and EcoSport were slow and noisy. Worse performance than the 4-cylinder versions, yet little or no real world fuel economy benefit.

Even BMW has not had much success selling the larger Mini (Cooper Clubman, Cooper Countryman) with their B38 1.5L 3-cylinder turbo engine in the U.S.

Edited by rperez817

I test drove a 3 cylinder Focus when we got our 2015. I didn't find the noise to be any different than the 2.0 and acceleration was comparable (though the feeling of the clutch was completely different. My dad's clutch in his 1.6 Fusion is the same way. The catch point is very ambiguous and I don't like driving it). The only reason we went with the 2.0 despite the fact I really wanted the 6 speed manual instead of the 5 speed was the 2.0 version was better equipped for the same cost. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 10:10 AM, rperez817 said:

MY 2020 Equinox now comes with AEB, LKA, and automatic high beams standard on all trims. BSM/RCTA isn't offered on L and LS models though and only comes standard on Premier.

I think 2020 Escape is the only vehicle in its class with AEB, LKA, automatic high beams, and BSM/RCTA standard across the board.  

Good point about the 1.5L turbo 3 cylinder. Even though it should be better than the weak and noisy 1.0L Ecoboost 3-cylinder, this could be a hard sell in the U.S. The hybrid powertrain seems very promising though. As I mentioned in another 2020 Escape thread, Ford may match or beat RAV4 Hybrid in fuel economy and performance with the 2020 Escape Hybrid.

I'm curious as to how you have a '20 Equinox already.  But, good thing you got one when you did, considering that they're made in Mexico and prices could rise soon.  What I find interesting is that I have the official '20 Equinox Order Guide (from April) and there were NO changes vs. the '19s.

Motor Trend has a 2-page piece on the new Escape in its July issue.  It's mostly a "we'll test drive one soon" type of thing, but other media outlets are complaining about the 3-cylinder (on paper) and the higher price than most competitors despite the loss of a cylinder.

Here's my deal: I'm still getting used to going from a V-6 to a turbo 4 (I went kicking and nearly screaming).  3-cylinder?  Maybe in 10 years.  By then, mid-sized CUVs will be running turbo 1-cylinders.  Tuc-tuc or golf cart, anyone?  Hybrids and EVs will be the most common powerplants.  I'm not quite ready for THAT yet, either.  $6/gallon gas and I'd listen more intently.  Seems artificially induced all because of gov't MPG standards.

5 hours ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

I'm curious as to how you have a '20 Equinox already.  But, good thing you got one when you did, considering that they're made in Mexico and prices could rise soon.  What I find interesting is that I have the official '20 Equinox Order Guide (from April) and there were NO changes vs. the '19s.

MY = model year in that post. Not personal ownership. I don't intend to purchase a '20 Chevy Equinox. ? Sorry for any confusion CLTEcoBoost sir.

Attached is the latest order guide. In May 2019, GM updated the guide to indicate that "Driver Confidence Package" is standard on all 2020 Equinox trim levels.

2020 Equinox order guide.pdf

2 hours ago, rperez817 said:

MY = model year in that post. Not personal ownership. I don't intend to purchase a '20 Chevy Equinox. ? Sorry for any confusion CLTEcoBoost sir.

Attached is the latest order guide. In May 2019, GM updated the guide to indicate that "Driver Confidence Package" is standard on all 2020 Equinox trim levels.

2020 Equinox order guide.pdf

Yes, you are correct.  I took a look this morning after my post at the Order Guide saved on my hard drive and that stuff IS newly standard that you mentioned.  Why it's not highlighted as "New" is beyond me, so I missed it.  I was beginning to think that GM was really losing it.  Anyway, the '21 Equinox will be a mid-cycle refresh, so expect more changes in a year.  And that hideously ugly front end we see on the Blazer and Trailblazer (to each his/her own).

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ok Nevermind, I was unaware they moved Equinox to Mexico 

GM stands to lose a bit more than Ford if the Mexican tariffs come to pass, but Ford is on the hook big time too.  A ton of parts come from Mexico, and in my case, the whole car (Fusion).  Not good.  Might cause my eyes to wander to "imported" brands.  And many others too, I'm sure.

3 minutes ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

GM stands to lose a bit more than Ford if the Mexican tariffs come to pass, but Ford is on the hook big time too.  A ton of parts come from Mexico, and in my case, the whole car (Fusion).  Not good.  Might cause my eyes to wander to "imported" brands.  And many others too, I'm sure.

The enthusiasts are the ones that pay attention to where vehicles are built, the tariff implications, etc. The usual customers have no clue and could care less about where the vehicle is built as their primary concern is the purchase or lease cost/payment and whether it fits their budget. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The enthusiasts are the ones that pay attention to where vehicles are built, the tariff implications, etc. The usual customers have no clue and could care less about where the vehicle is built as their primary concern is the purchase or lease cost/payment and whether it fits their budget. 

People (like us) tend to severely overestimate the importance of certain things to the average buyer.

My theory is that price, styling and features are far more important to buyers than a few mpg or a few hp or track performance or magazine comparisons.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ice-capades said:

And if that vehicle suddenly rises in price a grand or more?  They'll figure it out.  Loan institutions, if they have half a brain, will be cutting back on longer term loans.  So, up go the payments.

4 minutes ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

And if that vehicle suddenly rises in price a grand or more?  They'll figure it out.  Loan institutions, if they have half a brain, will be cutting back on longer term loans.  So, up go the payments.

Nobody thought people would pay $500 - $1000 or more for a new cell phone every 2 years either.   Priorities and buying habits change.

No tariffs today, 6/10.

All the hand wringing about the 3 cyl. motor is reminds me of often said "American car buyers will only buy v8 full size cars".

And, when F Series got Eco Boost, "real truck buyers want only v8's", etc, etc, etc...

Edited by 630land

I'll wait to pass further judgement until the actual road tests of the 3-cylinder start to roll in.  The only article I've seen on it so far said that it was a brilliant move by Ford in case fuel prices dramatically rise.  Uh...that's a mighty big "if" seeing that worldwide demand keeps falling.  Then I thought that an SEL AWD with the 2.0L would work.  Until I saw the outrageous $34K sticker.  It's in line with every other WAY overpriced CUV out there, but I can do better shopping a non-Ford.

Especially because I have a GM MasterCard that frequently boosts my earnings redemption allowance up to $3000.  Ford offers nothing of the sort, claiming that it's new Ford Pass Rewards (what a hassle they've already been for me) is comparable.  Not at all comparable.

1 hour ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

Especially because I have a GM MasterCard that frequently boosts my earnings redemption allowance up to $3000.  Ford offers nothing of the sort, claiming that it's new Ford Pass Rewards (what a hassle they've already been for me) is comparable.  Not at all comparable.

So go buy a GM and stop bitching that Ford's not giving vehicles away.

• Like 1