Standard vs. Quad Beam LED Headlights

I know from the f150 side, since just ordered super duty,  we have command f150 with regular. They are terrible, hard to see anything.  My led on mine you can actually see the road.  Know the kid rather drive the truck or Lincoln over his expedition because of the headlights.  When I was building that was one thing I wouldn’t budge on.

I ordered a F-350 XLT, so LED are not an option for me. I do not want leather seats, so XLT is my top trip level.

My best option for LED will be the Morimoto XB or XB Hyrbrid LED headlights.

https://www.morimotohid.com/buyer-guide-by-vehicle/2020+Ford+F-350_Super_Duty_with_Halogen_Headlights

This is not one of those cheapo LED replacement bulbs kits that blinds oncoming drivers. It is a full headlamp assembly with LED projectors. That's why its so expensive. I'll wait for a black friday sale to order.

I have leds in my 2019 Ram 2500. I love them. But I didn’t add them to my F350 order because it’s not a 4 thousand dollar upgrade.  I’ll add morimotos if I need to go led. The lariat ultimate just isn’t for me. Honestly Ford is way behind on some of their “upgrades” compared to Ram. Push button start is not an upgrade in 2021. It’s standard on most cars. The led package should be offered for all packages. If it were a thousand I’d get it. But this thread asked if it was “worth” the upgrade. I do not believe you get 4 grand worth by going with the leds. The rest seems like filler. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ardvark666 said:

I have leds in my 2019 Ram 2500. I love them. But I didn’t add them to my F350 order because it’s not a 4 thousand dollar upgrade.  I’ll add morimotos if I need to go led. The lariat ultimate just isn’t for me. Honestly Ford is way behind on some of their “upgrades” compared to Ram. Push button start is not an upgrade in 2021. It’s standard on most cars. The led package should be offered for all packages. If it were a thousand I’d get it. But this thread asked if it was “worth” the upgrade. I do not believe you get 4 grand worth by going with the leds. The rest seems like filler. 

$4000 upgrade??? Or are you talking the difference between XLT and Lariat? Because the Quad Beam option is about $1200

1B7E6105-0BC9-4737-86C0-689180309213.png

I think it’s worth it for sure. I played with my build and decided the best/biggest bang for the buck is the black appearance package. Gives you 20” wheels, AT tires, spray in bed liner, led tail lights, led bed lights, and running boards. Plus the black badges. I priced out after market ones and good ones are just under 3k. Rather get OEM and all the add ons for just a little more. I paired that with the lariat value vs ultimate. Only difference was push to start and tailgate step. Both of which I can live without for another almost 4K. My .02 

• 2 weeks later...

After reading through this thread, I was afraid I'd have to find some sort of upgrade for my halogen lights when my truck came, and I came close to doing so before my truck even got here.  Eventually, I told myself to try it first, then buy them If needed. I'm glad I did, because I don't think the Halogen ones are bad at all. They light up a long ways down the road and very wide as well.  Maybe they improved them since 2019 when this thread was started, but I see no reason to change mine to LED.  Yes, I'd probably do it if it was a $1200 stand alone option, but I wouldn't go up a trim level and add other packages just to get the LED.   I've had a couple people flash me with my low beams on already.  My only problem so far is that my Auto-high beams are hyperactive and flash back and forth several times with each oncoming car.  I had to disable the auto high beam feature until I can get it in to be fixed

I literally just went through optioning my truck with the leds this morning and just can’t justify the 4 grand. I don’t need anything in the lariat ultimate package. I love led lights but it’s a lot more money. Hell I even thought about ditching the trailer backup since I have a feeling I probably won’t use it with the 5th wheel. But I’m glad to see I’m not alone on this issue. Hopefully the halogens are good enough. They don’t look as cool tho. 

I have a 2022 with LED's and one without. The one without will rarely get driven at night so I didn't see the need. I was working late the other night and for the first time drove the truck with halogen lights at night. I will say that there is a huge difference! I almost regretted not getting the LED's for this truck, but reminded myself that it will rarely see night time driving. I think it really depends on the type of roads you drive and how much time you will spend driving at night.

Edited by Robin Hood