Standard vs. Quad Beam LED Headlights

19 hours ago, 1972Mach1 said:

I have no idea why ford is so stupid when it comes to adding them to the lariat value or limiting the SC to just the lariat value package. 

you answered your own question/complaint.  You and man others were willing to go to the higher cost package to get the option

Are you guys all blind??????

I could/CAN see fine driving a 60/70s/80s/90s and 2000s truck and the halogen headlights of today are far superior from those of the past years.

I've never driven a car/truck with LED headlights.... only trucks with LED light bars for "off road" or whenever?

It must be one of those things that you don't miss until you have had it.......like beer!?

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

If you end up with a $66K XLT like me, it appears you can add OEM LED headlights around a little over $3K.  I am going to wait and see how the stock halogen work.  I had xenon headlights in the past and they were much better than halogen lights of that era.  Never owned LED.

Edited by bob99

17 minutes ago, bob99 said:

If you end up with a $66K XLT like me, it appears you can add OEM LED headlights around a little over $3K.  I am going to wait and see how the stock halogen work.  I had xenon headlights in the past and they were much better than halogen lights of that era.  Never owned LED.

I installed led bulbs in my '18 f250 to replace the stock halogen bulbs and it was about a $50 upgrade. I put the same bulbs in my snowbobile and my wifes mustang..look on amazon. You can switch out pretty much all your bulbs. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 8:34 AM, Dog breath said:

I installed led bulbs in my '18 f250 to replace the stock halogen bulbs and it was about a $50 upgrade. I put the same bulbs in my snowbobile and my wifes mustang..look on amazon. You can switch out pretty much all your bulbs. 

My apprentice I work with has a jeep with LED headlights and he likes them, except for one thing.

His only gripe is that when driving in snow/ice they will ice up (not here in NC...but when driving up north or in the mountains).

Since the LEDs are more efficient at converting electricity into light energy and produce less heat than a halogen with the same energy, do the 22 SD series light LEDs produce enough heat to melt oncoming ice/snow/slush during driving in harsh conditions.

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

• 4 months later...