Standard vs. Quad Beam LED Headlights

Someone give me another 4 grand and I’ll get them. Can we crowdsource this? Ppppppplease…Help me…I can’t afford LEDs on my 64 thousand dollar truck. Can u spare some change. 
This is mildly killing me since I thought of dumping the trailer assist for 1500 and upping my build to the lariat ultimate but. Alas. I don’t want to give that up. I might regret it. I have led lights now. Shame you can’t add them to the lariat value. 

Edited by ardvark666
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ardvark666 said:

Someone give me another 4 grand and I’ll get them. Can we crowdsource this? Ppppppplease…Help me…I can’t afford LEDs on my 64 thousand dollar truck. Can u spare some change. 
This is mildly killing me since I thought of dumping the trailer assist for 1500 and upping my build to the lariat ultimate but. Alas. I don’t want to give that up. I might regret it. I have led lights now. Shame you can’t add them to the lariat value. 

Get the LED's!      If you are buying a SD to tow with, hopefully you don't need trailer assist...what is this world coming to?

I switched to the ultimate lariat and added the led lights. Kept the trailer assist tho. I love the 360 view. Don’t really plan to use the knob to back the 5er but whatever. I also added upfitter switches cause why the hell not. I can use them to turn on the dc to dc charger on the camper. These forums are a bad influence. Now I have ambient lighting and fancy stuff. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 2:25 PM, ardvark666 said:

I switched to the ultimate lariat and added the led lights. Kept the trailer assist tho. I love the 360 view. Don’t really plan to use the knob to back the 5er but whatever. I also added upfitter switches cause why the hell not. I can use them to turn on the dc to dc charger on the camper. These forums are a bad influence. Now I have ambient lighting and fancy stuff. 

I had my dealer add the Lariat Ultimate pkg and LED headlights last week too. At the price point, might as well get what you want.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, nswan said:

I had my dealer add the Lariat Ultimate pkg and LED headlights last week too. At the price point, might as well get what you want.

Heck, I'm upgrading to a Platinum today!  Of course, most of the options boxes I checked come standard on the Platinum, so the cost difference is minimal.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 6:20 AM, fordmantpw said:

Heck, I'm upgrading to a Platinum today!  Of course, most of the options boxes I checked come standard on the Platinum, so the cost difference is minimal.

FYI - Platinum introduces some strange limitations on order and color combinations, but if you don't run into any of them, go for it.  It's got the massaging seats, among other things.  I wanted those.  Also the 4-way headrests.  I want those too.  Woulda gone that way myself, but I hate the silver bar on the tailgate and also could not configure certain things I wanted, when I tried.

6 hours ago, ScottK1 said:

FYI - Platinum introduces some strange limitations on order and color combinations, but if you don't run into any of them, go for it.  It's got the massaging seats, among other things.  I wanted those.  Also the 4-way headrests.  I want those too.  Woulda gone that way myself, but I hate the silver bar on the tailgate and also could not configure certain things I wanted, when I tried.

Yeah the biggest things I missed out on are the fender flares and two tone paint. Not to mention I had to get the painted bumpers. I was gonna go with the KR, but don’t like the color of the seats and brown interior. So, Plati it is!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just placed my order, as some have stated I also couldn’t bring myself to pay a premium to then pay extra for the LED headlights.  Plan on adding the Morimoto XB hybrids, with trading in the factory headlights it is about the same cost.  Does anyone have the Morimotos installed and have thoughts on them.  

• Like 1

My current truck 2021 250 Lariat has them and they are sooooo much better than the halogen on my 2017 250 XLT, no way I would ever go back.  You can also get them on a Lariat as long as you order the Black Appearance pkg, so the Ultimate is not required, if you want to go that route.  My 2022 is ordered with both the Ultimate and Black Appearance because that is what I want to have.  Sunroof and upfitter switch too!  I figured if I am going to order a new truck it should have everything that I wanted.  I almost went Platinum, but decided that I liked the look of the Black out better than all the chrome.  Last 2 trucks have both had the chrome package, so something different this time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 6:56 AM, muskie2304 said:

What does every think are the Quad Beam LED worth the additional price?

Huge difference, but if you go with the LED’s expect to get flashed by oncoming traffic even when you only have your low beams on (currently have a 2020 350 with LED’s). I live in a very rural area, and the extra vision is very important out here. If all you do is city driving, then the LED’s are probably overkill.

Edited by Late Apex 61

I went back and forth on the $1200 LED option on my F350 Lariat order, finally went with them.  When I got my 2015 F150 they were part of the technology package so I really didn't have to decide.  The light is much better with LEDs and I just didn't want to go back to halogens.

Didn't come with my 2019 SD as I bought it off the lot. My other vehicles all came with LED's so I was disappointed with the yellow light.

Bought LED Beamtech's but hated the blueish tint then went with Morimoto XB with matching fogs. Awesome lights but at $1800.+, the LED option on my new truck was a no brainer. Highly recommend.

's

Never liked the LED headlights on vehicles (well, the ones headed in my direction at night)?

They are blinding! On lowbeams on a empty truck they are bad enough....put a load in that same truck bed and the lowbeams become highbeams to oncoming traffic...then there are the actual highbeams from a LED....?

When I would courtesy flash someone to let them know their high beams were on and then they flashed back with even MORE LED TORTURE (or didn't flash back) I would let them know what their lights felt like.....

In these housings I ran Cessna landing gear lights...

on the front IR military housings

(par36 14v 200w spots 10hr lifespan)

On the top KC housings

(par56 450 watt 24v spots, 20hr life span) (yep 24v 2 batteries in toolbox, with isolating disconnecting relay and a sep charging 12v relay, and high draw winch relay to power lights)

You could feel the heat off these from 15 ft away...

Anyway...

You hit me with your misaligned leds...I burn your retinas with landing gear lights!??Screenshot_20220131-020539_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9b38ed091e8c0d91b0b162e12fbc6383.jpg

On 1/30/2022 at 11:57 PM, IUEC135ELEVATOR said:

Never liked the LED headlights on vehicles (well, the ones headed in my direction at night)?

They are blinding! On lowbeams on a empty truck they are bad enough....put a load in that same truck bed and the lowbeams become highbeams to oncoming traffic...then there are the actual highbeams from a LED....?

When I would courtesy flash someone to let them know their high beams were on and then they flashed back with even MORE LED TORTURE (or didn't flash back) I would let them know what their lights felt like.....

In these housings I ran Cessna landing gear lights...

on the front IR military housings

(par36 14v 200w spots 10hr lifespan)

On the top KC housings

(par56 450 watt 24v spots, 20hr life span) (yep 24v 2 batteries in toolbox, with isolating disconnecting relay and a sep charging 12v relay, and high draw winch relay to power lights)

You could feel the heat off these from 15 ft away...

Anyway...

You hit me with your misaligned leds...I burn your retinas with landing gear lights!??Screenshot_20220131-020539_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9b38ed091e8c0d91b0b162e12fbc6383.jpg

Problem is these trucks need bags to keep it level with a load. I don't know why Ford doesn't offer it as an option. Even coming over a hill people think I have my high beams on. And yes...if I get flashed, I flash back!

I hooked up my trailer tonight and almost took the daily driver, because it already has bags installed. I haven't bought bags for the other truck because I have not decided what exactly I want to do yet. The problem with a level kit or lift to get to the stance of a 2017 to 2019 really needs long travel bags and radius arms. It starts to get expensive quick if you want to do it right. Not Fox offers an electronic adjustable shock for road conditions or load. That just bumped up the price even more?‍♂️

Edited by Robin Hood

On 10/28/2021 at 2:14 AM, ardvark666 said:

I have no idea why ford is so stupid when it comes to adding them to the lariat value or limiting the SC to just the lariat value package.