• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
CGIron

A new petrolengine with CGI in the block?

Will it be Ford or the VW-group?

From a PR today from Swedish Sintercast that´s providing Ford with the Nano-engines at 3 and 2,7 liters with a highTech CGI. 

The company also expects the production approval of a new SinterCast-CGI petrol engine, potentially marking the company’s second passenger vehicle petrol engine application.

Sintercast AGM today

By the way  akirby . The shareprice is up 73 % this year. 💪

So far no guesses of what engine it could be? It´s intended to have a SOP in 2021 and so far the only CGI-blocked petrol engine is the Ford EcoBoost Nano-familys 2.7 l and 3 l V6 that´s coming in several Fords MY 2020. By making the block in CGI the engine can be much smaller and even lighter than an aluminium engine. Could it be a hybrid?

4 minutes ago, CGIron said:

So far no guesses of what engine it could be? It´s intended to have a SOP in 2021 and so far the only CGI-blocked petrol engine is the Ford EcoBoost Nano-familys 2.7 l and 3 l V6 that´s coming in several Fords MY 2020. By making the block in CGI the engine can be much smaller and even lighter than an aluminium engine. Could it be a hybrid?

Could it be that no one outside of Wall Street investors care?

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

Could it be that no one outside of Wall Street investors care?

It isn´t a matter for Wall Street. GM hasn´t a single block with CGI in their stable but Ford has been innovative and has several. Both petrol and diesels.  CGI is the future blockmaterial, period. I think very soon GM will be forced to follow. With och without some influence from Wall Street. 

About CGI:
”There was a lot of debate about using that material; it"s more costly. However, CGI enabled us to meet our attributes for toughness and for compact engine size. It gave us a good overall engine length; it"s more weight-efficient than old-fashioned cast iron. Using an aluminum block would have required a larger, longer engine. We were able to shorten the engine and get good durability with CGI." 
Note that, because compacted graphite iron is used, no liners are necessary, which saves costly machining operations, parts, and assembly costs.

Trucktrend

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Maybe nobody cares.

It seems so. More interest in discussing different colours and various trims. Not a genuine interest of raw mecanics and better mpg. 

23 hours ago, CGIron said:

It seems so. More interest in discussing different colours and various trims. Not a genuine interest of raw mecanics and better mpg. 

When it comes to CGI??

Image result for Bingo meme

On 6/3/2019 at 2:30 PM, CGIron said:

If that turns out to be a V8 or decently sized V6 for the Bronco I'll care.

If you want to drop a leak on which engine that's getting I'm all ears.