Vacuum leak 2016 hissing noise driverside of front seat

righttime

New to me, 2016 Edge. Hissing noise in driverside front seat area. Hiss stops when you press brake pedal. Checked brake fluid don't see any but reservoir is tucked back under firewall so there must be some in there cause brakes work. No idiot lights.

Can I use regular dot 4 or does it have to be low viscosity?

Hi righttime. Can't help you with the cause of the hissing.  Is your 2016 still within the 3 year/36,000 mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty or an extended warranty? If it is, call and make an appointment for a proper diagnosis and service.

However, as far as what brake fluid specification to use: Use what your Owners Manual states to use.  You can find that information in the Capacities & Specifications section. I always recommend people check their Owners Manual instead of relying on Internet strangers for this type of information.  What happens if someone gives you the wrong specification information and you follow it?

If you purchased used and do not have your Owners Manual, you can download the PDF version here: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals.html

Let us know how you make out and good luck.