Don’t buy a Ford

Auburn Al

11 minutes ago, Hard Driver said:

As mentioned you have to find a good dealer. I had multiple disappointments with one in Dearborn, down the street from Ford HQ. Never going back. Found another one and so far I have been treated well with all issues taken care of the first time. I drive a little further but it has been worth it.

Fairlane or Village?

• 2 weeks later...

As with every manufacturer, there are some good ones and some bad ones.  I swore I would never buy another Ford after having problems with a 5.4 Triton and having to replace the engine prematurely. But, you can't judge a giant company by one bad egg - here I am back to Ford to buy an Ecoboost F-150. I have just heard too many good things about them to ignore them.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:46 PM, Auburn Al said:

If Ford ever wondered why they are losing brand value to the Japanese brands I have the reason. I’ve purchased three Toyota’s in 18 years and have put over 400K miles on them. I decided to purchase a NEW truck for the first time ever. I settled on the nearly 80K Ford Raptor as a 40th present to myself. At 6000 miles I started having oil pressure issues and transmission issues. The dealer I purchased it from said I should bring it in. I did that at 8,000 miles. I brought it in and must say that Grapevine Ford must be the worst service organization. The service group was lightly staffed on that day and had to search for someone to give my truck to.  The two service managers were not around, but I grabbed their cards. I left messages with both of them. One never called me back and the other’s VM says it’s broken so I need to text him, which I did. While I was waiting around I asked for some water and was told “there is a water fountain inside.” No attempts to say “let me go get that or offer a bottle water.” No attempts to go the extra mile when I clearly have major issues. The manager and I spoke on Monday and when I asked him about a loaner his response was “Did you buy that with the warranty?” Wow! Didn’t realize I needed to do that as I never bought a new car and quite frankly never had an issue with one of the Toyota’s in all those years. I would expect that you spend $80K on a car that would be the least they would do when it’s determined I have  head gaskets and transmission issues four months after purchase. I Ubered for a week and had great customer service. Upon picking it up on Friday I got in to find they had driven it for about 40 miles based on the paperwork. Did they fill it up with gas after making the repairs? Nope. Did they even wash it with all the dirt from having service guys all over it. No again. I asked about it and the response was astounding. “If you were my customer I would have made sure it was washed.” Really? So, the 80K I spent at Ford doesn’t constitute me as your customer. Ford just doesn’t get it. Fact is I WAS your customer, but will never return to Grapevine Ford let alone purchase another Ford. 

Grapevine is one of the worst Ford dealerships on record. Go to one of the Five Star Dealerships, North Richland Hills, Lewisville, Carrollton, or Dallas.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2019 at 3:46 PM, Auburn Al said:

If Ford ever wondered why they are losing brand value to the Japanese brands I have the reason. I’ve purchased three Toyota’s in 18 years and have put over 400K miles on them. I decided to purchase a NEW truck for the first time ever. I settled on the nearly 80K Ford Raptor as a 40th present to myself. At 6000 miles I started having oil pressure issues and transmission issues. The dealer I purchased it from said I should bring it in. I did that at 8,000 miles. I brought it in and must say that Grapevine Ford must be the worst service organization. The service group was lightly staffed on that day and had to search for someone to give my truck to.  The two service managers were not around, but I grabbed their cards. I left messages with both of them. One never called me back and the other’s VM says it’s broken so I need to text him, which I did. While I was waiting around I asked for some water and was told “there is a water fountain inside.” No attempts to say “let me go get that or offer a bottle water.” No attempts to go the extra mile when I clearly have major issues. The manager and I spoke on Monday and when I asked him about a loaner his response was “Did you buy that with the warranty?” Wow! Didn’t realize I needed to do that as I never bought a new car and quite frankly never had an issue with one of the Toyota’s in all those years. I would expect that you spend $80K on a car that would be the least they would do when it’s determined I have  head gaskets and transmission issues four months after purchase. I Ubered for a week and had great customer service. Upon picking it up on Friday I got in to find they had driven it for about 40 miles based on the paperwork. Did they fill it up with gas after making the repairs? Nope. Did they even wash it with all the dirt from having service guys all over it. No again. I asked about it and the response was astounding. “If you were my customer I would have made sure it was washed.” Really? So, the 80K I spent at Ford doesn’t constitute me as your customer. Ford just doesn’t get it. Fact is I WAS your customer, but will never return to Grapevine Ford let alone purchase another Ford. 

I have a good friend that practices the opposite, he owned multiple Toyota's and while the car was under warranty nothing was ever wrong with it, the next visit after the warranty expired, quite a bit "had" to be done. I have owned multiple Fords and have never had a serious build issue with a one of them. About my only complaint is work one at a Ford dealer is usually more expensive, however the work has always been done right. 

3 hours ago, meyeste said:

About my only complaint is work one at a Ford dealer is usually more expensive, however the work has always been done right. 

People ask my why I go to dealers to get out of warranty work done that I can't do myself and this is why. I would rather pay a little more and guarantee it's done right (or at the very least a guarantee it will be made right if something goes south) that a corner mechanic can't/won't offer. Plus warranty work is a pain in the butt with a local mechanic from my experience. 

28 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

People ask my why I go to dealers to get out of warranty work done that I can't do myself and this is why. I would rather pay a little more and guarantee it's done right (or at the very least a guarantee it will be made right if something goes south) that a corner mechanic can't/won't offer. Plus warranty work is a pain in the butt with a local mechanic from my experience. 

There are so many Ford specific problems and nuances and tsbs I do the same except for brakes and other routine stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 8:24 AM, RichardK said:

Grapevine is one of the worst Ford dealerships on record. Go to one of the Five Star Dealerships, North Richland Hills, Lewisville, Carrollton, or Dallas.

I always buy from and have my vehicles serviced at Five Star in Lewisville.  They always wash it for me when they are done, even if just getting an oil change, and I have never had an issue getting a loaner when in for service.  They have no problem getting me right over to Enterprise and paying for a rental if they don't have any loaners available.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Auburn Al signed in on June 1, 2019 posted, this likely BS story and has not been back since June 2. 2019. No pictures, nothing, this is a fake post. My Ford dealer is really good, I'm sure it happens but I know a lot of people with Ford trucks and have never heard of one having an issue even remotely like this. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, meyeste said:

Auburn Al signed in on June 1, 2019 posted, this likely BS story and has not been back since June 2. 2019. No pictures, nothing, this is a fake post. My Ford dealer is really good, I'm sure it happens but I know a lot of people with Ford trucks and have never heard of one having an issue even remotely like this. 

Seems to be a lot of that where people post once, a question about something maybe, get several answers and don't have the courtesy to respond. Then, they never post again. 

On 6/3/2019 at 8:52 PM, sullynd said:

There are two Ford dealers closer to me, but I buy and service my cars at a dealer ~30 minutes away because they’re awesome.  You couldn’t pay me to deal with the Megalowmart Ford store that’s 5 minutes from my house. 

On 6/5/2019 at 3:09 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

This is also true. The dealer closest to me is awful. They don't ever have any good deals. I'm amazed they do the volume they do when there's 3 other dealers within 15 miles, all of which are much more willing to negotiate and make deals. 

Same reason I drove 35 minutes and past a few Lincoln dealers, including the jokers 10 minutes from me. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Quags said:

I'm replacing a 2006 Titan with a 2021 F150 Lariat (on order).  The Titan has been a great truck with zero issues but I've always wanted an F150.  Looking forward to it.

I liked the Titan...of all the competition, that would be the only one I would seriously consider over a Ford.

I wanted the Ford in 2006 but the Titan at that time was a good value.   It's been extremely reliable for the 15 years I've owned it.  I tow an enclosed 20ft trailer with a race car.  Crappy fuel economy but it does the job. I'm going to wait it out for the F150.  My build date got pushed a couple of weeks to 6/28 but I'm good with it.