Ford vs Ferrari trailer

I hope they win anyway but it will be difficult with all the BOP BS.

I wish they would do what my local (enormous - 80K players) tennis league does.   Your performance in the last season is used to set your level for the next season but you don't make changes during the season.   That way if your engineers come up with something big or you have the best drivers you at least have one season to win before they handicap you.   The way it works now they make adjustments between practice/qualifying and the race.  Hardly an incentive to improve anything if they're just going to take it away from you before you even run a race.

I lived those years (plus my dad worked in Ford engine design during the 60's) and have fond memories of the 1966 finish where three GT-40's crossed the finish line all bunched together.  Read Leo Levine's excellent book, "Ford:  The Dust and the Glory,"  for the real inside story.  

1 hour ago, Stray Kat said:

I got $20 that says Hank the Deuce didn’t really cry after Shelby took him out in the GT40. 

There's a blurb on Fox News stating that Henry II's son Edsel II is not happy with that scene in the trailer - Saying exactly what you said - no way that happened.

Henry Ford II personally fired Harry Bennett - who wasn't a shrinking violet himself, and no stranger to violence - because he felt that history would judge him a coward if he delegated the job to an underling. I seriously doubt that he was intimidated by a ride in a fast car.

Edited by grbeck

They did the exact opposite to Edsel 1 in the movie Harley and the Davidson’s by portraying him as a tough as nails business prick. 

Anyone who has even a passing knowledge of Edsel Ford knows that is a complete betrayal of the man he really was. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, grbeck said:

Henry Ford II personally fired Harry Bennett - who wasn't a shrinking violet himself, and no stranger to violence - because he felt that history would judge him a coward if he delegated the job to an underling. I seriously doubt that he was intimidated by a ride in a fast car.

It seems unlikely that it happened that way at all, but even if it did, it's waaaaay over the top and takes you out of the moment. It's just...jarring. Hopefully, the director will figure that out and get rid of it.

That's something a Millennial or maybe a Gen Xer, might expect from a man of HF2's generation, but none of the WWII vets or Great Depression survivors I knew would ever react like that to something worthy of tears, let alone something as inconsequential as a car ride--and thanks in part to my mom's family being very long-lived and the places I hung out in my 20s, I got to meet quite a few of them over the years. Hell's bells, look at what Jimmy Stewart crying did to the movie It's a Wonderful Life, and he wasn't even blubbering; those vets and survivors shunned it for 30 years...

ETA: that's not a put-down of Millennials or Gen X; they're just young enough that they didn't get to meet those folks, so they don't really know how they would've acted, and the world is a very different place than it was even 25 years ago.

Edited by SoonerLS
  • Like 1

It is a trailer, and, being five months out, the movie is most likely in editing, so it may change.  I suspect that somebody at Ford has expressed their displeasure at something so contrived and untrue.  Hopefully the producer and director will properly address this situation.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:36 PM, ice-capades said:

Regardless, I doubt this will last long in the theatres. 

Agreed -

Big stars etc. but I can't see the Millennials in their Subaru WRX's that somehow they think are the fastest cars ever produced in the history of the world, lining up to see decades old "non-relevant to them" American auto history.

I will be eager to see it though!

Edited by Kev-Mo

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...