What Style Cues Does The 2021 Ford Bronco Need To Have?

From the article - this for the Bronco and Ranger:

Paint colors need to extend beyond the standard Ford colors of red, black, white, silver, and blue. We’d like to see some bright colors; Ford could borrow from the colors offered on the Mustang line. We’d totally buy a 2021 Ford Bronco in Grabber Lime, Grabber Blue, or Competition Orange. Broncos have always offered two-tone paint jobs, a modern Bronco with a combination of colors would be a welcome sight.

http://fordauthority.com/2019/06/what-style-cues-does-the-2021-ford-bronco-need-to-have

Edited by Kev-Mo

I could see a ‘Big Bronco’ that shares a platform with the F-150. It would use a front clip from the F-150 or Superduty but modified a bit to align with the other Broncos (perhaps unique front bumpers, headlights, etc). Then it would have two full size doors shared with F-Series but with two half doors ala an F-Series supercab and then an enclosed bed which might include a removable top (or for simplicity’s sake just an enclosed bed. I would guess this vehicle would be niche but I could see Ford selling 30,000 a year easily or more and it could command high prices, particularly if there was a Raptor style SVT version. 

This would leave us with three and half Broncos:

Bronco Scout (C-sized 4 door)

Bronco (2 door)

Bronco (Max?) (4 door)

Bronco (?) (full-size)

But should this possible model be called?

5 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

From the article - this for the Bronco and Ranger:

Paint colors need to extend beyond the standard Ford colors of red, black, white, silver, and blue. We’d like to see some bright colors; Ford could borrow from the colors offered on the Mustang line. We’d totally buy a 2021 Ford Bronco in Grabber Lime, Grabber Blue, or Competition Orange. Broncos have always offered two-tone paint jobs, a modern Bronco with a combination of colors would be a welcome sight.

http://fordauthority.com/2019/06/what-style-cues-does-the-2021-ford-bronco-need-to-have

I'm sure Bronco will be offered in more unique colors.

---

He was asking about interior colors.  I could see a unique interior color option, or at least seats maybe - F-150 has a blue-ish interior option on the top end.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, akirby said:

Interesting that Ranger doesn't come with a column shift like F150 in lower trims.

That’s actually one thing I wish my Ranger had. I like the column shift in a pickup and it would open up the console for more storage. When I first got my Ranger back in April and turned in my ‘16 F150 every so often I’d grab for the column shift and just grab air. ? It’s funny how our brains get trained.

59 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

That’s actually one thing I wish my Ranger had. I like the column shift in a pickup and it would open up the console for more storage. When I first got my Ranger back in April and turned in my ‘16 F150 every so often I’d grab for the column shift and just grab air. ? It’s funny how our brains get trained.

I've been daily driving my Fusion for 2 months now after 8 years of almost exclusively driving a manual in my personal vehicles and once or twice a week I still step on the clutch pedal that isn't there. Sometimes stopping at red lights I find myself fishing for neutral which my wife still makes fun of me for. 

Oddly enough I never had that problem in my work van when I worked at the floor company 

• Like 2

On 6/6/2019 at 9:07 AM, akirby said:

Interesting that Ranger doesn't come with a column shift like F150 in lower trims.

It's probably because there's (currently) no regular cab Ranger. The F150 RC needs the column shifter, at least as an option, because the console shifter takes away a seating position.

1 hour ago, SoonerLS said:

It's probably because there's (currently) no regular cab Ranger. The F150 RC needs the column shifter, at least as an option, because the console shifter takes away a seating position.

There is a RC Ranger sold in other markets. I'm sure that because it didn't make it over here is why they didn't bother giving it a column shifter. No reason to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

There is a RC Ranger sold in other markets. I'm sure that because it didn't make it over here is why they didn't bother giving it a column shifter. No reason to. 

ford-ranger-2-2-hi-rider-xl-2018-id-5407

The Single cab is not as big of a seller in other markets as the crew cab but in places like Australia, they use an Aluminum tray to make it far more usable loading and unloading pallets with fork lift.

ford-ranger-xl-hi-rider-1200x800-(5).jpg

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That was my point. When the RC Ranger enters the product mix, you'll see the column shift enter it, too, but for now, it's additional manufacturing complexity that would only add extra cost.

On 6/6/2019 at 3:39 PM, Jqa1824 said:

I could see a ‘Big Bronco’ that shares a platform with the F-150. It would use a front clip from the F-150 or Superduty but modified a bit to align with the other Broncos (perhaps unique front bumpers, headlights, etc). Then it would have two full size doors shared with F-Series but with two half doors ala an F-Series supercab and then an enclosed bed which might include a removable top (or for simplicity’s sake just an enclosed bed. I would guess this vehicle would be niche but I could see Ford selling 30,000 a year easily or more and it could command high prices, particularly if there was a Raptor style SVT version. 

This would leave us with three and half Broncos:

Bronco Scout (C-sized 4 door)

Bronco (2 door)

Bronco (Max?) (4 door)

Bronco (?) (full-size)

But should this possible model be called?

Bronco Chief ( An Indian theme )

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Can't do that these days.

Chief also means someone of importance/Leader, so if you don't tie to a Indian theme like putting a Indian motifs on it some place or for advertising-you'll be fine. 

Definition of chief

1: accorded highest rank or office

2: of greatest importance or influence

55 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Chief also means someone of importance/Leader, so if you don't tie to a Indian theme like putting a Indian motifs on it some place or for advertising-you'll be fine. 

Definition of chief

1: accorded highest rank or office

2: of greatest importance or influence

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you.  Just saying it's opening a can of words in today's culture, especially since it's not an established name like Cherokee/Grand Cherokee.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:50 PM, jpd80 said:

ford-ranger-2-2-hi-rider-xl-2018-id-5407

The Single cab is not as big of a seller in other markets as the crew cab but in places like Australia, they use an Aluminum tray to make it far more usable loading and unloading pallets with fork lift.

ford-ranger-xl-hi-rider-1200x800-(5).jpg

bring it...give it an upgraded payload package and target commercial usage...HUGE market that has zero participants as of now...same wheelbase with either an 8 ft bed or a bare chassis...

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you.  Just saying it's opening a can of words in today's culture, especially since it's not an established name like Cherokee/Grand Cherokee.

I know what your saying but to me as long as you are being respectful it is good.  The  Cleveland Indians got flak not for their name but the cartoon mascot,  the KC Chiefs and the  Atlanta Braves have no problems but the Redskins do because the name is a derogatory term and has been used that way.  

As long as you show respect to other cultures ( and Native Americans have a rich and proud one) most won't have an issue.  Besides I wouldn't play up the theme I was just explaining why I thought the name would connect with  "Scout"  

4 minutes ago, tzach said:

I know what your saying but to me as long as you are being respectful it is good.  The  Cleveland Indians got flak not for their name but the cartoon mascot,  the KC Chiefs and the  Atlanta Braves have no problems but the Redskins do because the name is a derogatory term and has been used that way.  

As long as you show respect to other cultures ( and Native Americans have a rich and proud one) most won't have an issue.  Besides I wouldn't play up the theme I was just explaining why I thought the name would connect with  "Scout"  

The US Army normally names its helicopters after Indian tribes (and they where at the forefront of bad relations with the American Indians!)...the last one that came into service didn't have an Indian name and the Indian tribes took issue with that-so it became the Lokata. They took pride in that. 

1 hour ago, tzach said:

The Redskins team was first formed in Boston, and named after the colonists who dressed up to dump the tea in the harbor to protest taxes. When they moved to Washington, that fact was forgotten and it took on a different meaning.  I have no opinion on renaming the team, but it would be good for their image if they asked the opinion of Native Americans for alternative names. If left to DC, they would be called something as bad as the Congressmen!