Full size Bronco mule?

5 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Well, it wouldn't be a Bronco chassis mule with an F-150 body on it.

It would if it was a full sized Bronco which is the rumor.   PD said it wasn't greenlighted yet but that doesn't mean they haven't been working on it.

8 minutes ago, akirby said:

It would if it was a full sized Bronco which is the rumor.   PD said it wasn't greenlighted yet but that doesn't mean they haven't been working on it.

He said it wasn't greenlit at all. Nowhere to build it without sacrificing Expy/Navi production which they don't want to do. 

23 minutes ago, akirby said:

It wouldn't be Bronco then.  It'd be "Bronco ____".  So no, it's not a Bronco chassis mule.  It could be a "Bronco ____" chassis mule, but not a Bronco one.

Maybe it's just the big tires making it look that way, but it seems the wheelbase is even shorter then a single cab short box F150. If that's the case it could easily be a full-size Bronco mule.

Edit: Never mind after watching the whole video it is a shorter wheelbase then anything currently offered as an F150.

Edited by 2005Explorer

23 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Most likely a Bronco Powertrain mule or something-the Super Short Wheel base for a F-150 seems to indicate that its on the Ranger and not the F-150

download.thumb.jpg.359eeda1bef1d2e6392923944dd8c69e.jpg

You can see why they took the bumpers off. It’d be right where the wheel is.

Maybe we’ve got this all wrong.

The “leaked” images of the Maverick/Scout/Bronco-whatever, was widely assumed to be of a SUV/CUV based on an Escape sized platform and the silhouette of the larger Bronco behind the aforementioned vehicle was assumed to be based on the Ranger platform. What if the Maverick/Scout/Bronco-whatever is actually based on the Ranger and the Bronco that is represented in the silhouette is actually a full-sized F150 based vehicle?  A retro styled full size v8 Bronco would truly be a B__ A__ King Kong Beast that would blow everything else away.  Nothing else like it anywhere. Probably cost $70k...but may well be worth it!

Yah, I know. I’m crazy. But crazy is fun sometimes.  ?

Edited by Chromey
Typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Or maybe this is the vehicle Hackett was talking about that was approved in record time

Hmm, can you elaborate on that vehicle that Hackett talked about? I know there was Bronco that had to have a re-do in styling and then got approved. Then the Bronco Scout that's coming soon. But what was the vehicle that got approved in record time?

Oh yes, I remember reading about this. I think he was talking more about how technology has gotten so advanced in recent years that it has enabled the speeding up of design and development in a matter of weeks instead of years. But I also kinda remember he was talking about a vehicle or a category of a vehicle. I think he was talking about the upcoming affordable nameplates which was the small utility and small pickup based on this small utility. He could just have been talking about all of what I mentioned in one interview. I really do need to go find that article as you piqued my interests. :)

Yeah, Hackett worked out that in the past Ford had spent too much time researching models that by the time they developed them, they were then years late  to the market place. Hoping his new strategies ar cutting through the seven  or nine levels of BS atrophying middle management at Ford.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2