Ford/FCA Merger?

This reads like something i would expect on which go jelly is best and why the 55 gallon go jelly drum is the best value....

Bill Ford..i wonder why he talks of this now?....is more to come shortly between ford and vw????...

Edited by snooter

27 minutes ago, Joe771476 said:

I was searching to see if Iveco and New Holland/CNH are still a part of Fiat and I ran out of time, but I'm not sure at his time. .  If those entities were a part of the deal, I'd be all for it!

I don't know about Iveco, but CNH is still controlled by Exor (the Agnelli family's holding company), although I think it is technically independent of Fiat. Damn, I wish Ford had never sold off the Ford/New Holland lines...

On 6/13/2019 at 12:16 PM, mackinaw said:

Every auto company on the planet would love to own Jeep.  It's probably the best-recognized auto brand in the world.  Sales have increased from 291,000 in 2010 to 973,000 in 2018.  Jeep mints money.  Why do you think Chrysler bought AMC back in 1987.  They wanted Jeep.

Again, everyone that touches Jeep ends up in bankruptcy.  Willys, AMC, Chrysler (x2), etc, all 9 of them.  They were "hot" in the 90's, cooled way off, and were hot again.  They have had a couple months of decline and it will be interesting to see if it's a trend.  They have never made great quality vehicles so they can't even fall back on that....  They do have great advertising and proof you can polish a turd, as evidenced by the hype of the POS Gladiator.

I personally don't get the love for the Wrangler.  It' rides horribly, is ugly like a Hummer and usually is either a Bro or "babe" truck that is gussied up to 'look cool' by someone who wouldn't be caught dead off road.  

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 11:47 AM, SoonerLS said:

I don't know about Iveco, but CNH is still controlled by Exor (the Agnelli family's holding company), although I think it is technically independent of Fiat. Damn, I wish Ford had never sold off the Ford/New Holland lines...

Agree on the Ford/New Holland sale.  I believe Iveco is also still under the Agnelli family.  Back to the Ford/NH sale, I may have posted this before but I remember a WSJ front page piece quite a few years ago that talked about the world tractor scene dominated by the "big green and red machines"..."but a new giant was appearing...in blue"..or words to that effect.

Guess that was before.."concentrating on core business" became the popular phrase.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 3:09 AM, atomcat68 said:

It would be funny if FCA merged with Nissan and then Nissan breaks off the alliance with Renault. 

A merger between FCA and Nissan would result in 3 POS vehicle makes ! Except for Jeep of course, but the rest of Chrysler's offerings are garbage.

"...everyone that touches Jeep ends up in bankruptcy.  Willys, AMC, Chrysler (x2), ..."

Willys didn't "end up in bankruptcy", they changed their name to Kaiser-Jeep in 1963. Then, it was sold to AMC in 1970 when Kaiser Industries decided to leave the automobile business.

Next, AMC didn't "end up in bankruptcy", they got bought out by Renault [who also didn't "end up in bankruptcy"]. Then sold to Chrysler, in 1987, who BTW didn't own AMC/Jeep in 1980 when they nearly went BK. So, Chrysler "ends up in bankruptcy" only once.

Wasn't until 2009 when Chrysler declared BK, not "x2", and not fault of Jeep.

15 minutes ago, 630land said:

"...everyone that touches Jeep ends up in bankruptcy.  Willys, AMC, Chrysler (x2), ..."

Willys didn't "end up in bankruptcy", they changed their name to Kaiser-Jeep in 1963. Then, it was sold to AMC in 1970 when Kaiser Industries decided to leave the automobile business.

Next, AMC didn't "end up in bankruptcy", they got bought out by Renault [who also didn't "end up in bankruptcy"]. Then sold to Chrysler, in 1987, who BTW didn't own AMC/Jeep in 1980 when they nearly went BK. So, Chrysler "ends up in bankruptcy" only once.

Wasn't until 2009 when Chrysler declared BK, not "x2", and not fault of Jeep.

Splinting hairs-how about killing their owners? :)