Anyone Remember the Notorious Posters?

I am not the most active around here, but I have posted on and off since 2005. Anyone around here still remember the notorious members? There was the OtisFordSucks guy, the dude with a lemon Taurus, the world's biggest Ford hater I think his name was Matt, but can't recall the screen name. There was also the Sheriff dude whow was in love with Panthers. ? Anyhow I just started thinking about the old BON days. I hope Richard Jensen is doing well these days. I sort of miss him. He had a hell of a job trying to keep that group moderated!

Any other old members good or bad that used to be active but are gone now?

Edited by 2005Explorer

Gosh, I remember Sheriff.  That was a looooooooooooooong time ago.

I follow Richard Jensen on Twitter (though he mostly just posts about sports as he is a writer for a blog or something I think).  We got into it a couple times, but I really respect him.  He backs up any argument he had with solid facts.  I miss him!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Gosh, I remember Sheriff.  That was a looooooooooooooong time ago.

I follow Richard Jensen on Twitter (though he mostly just posts about sports as he is a writer for a blog or something I think).  We got into it a couple times, but I really respect him.  He backs up any argument he had with solid facts.  I miss him!

Yeah I follow him too. He mostly tweets about Boston Celtics/NBA related stuff which if it's possible I have less than 0 interest in. 

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Is that a trick question? 

Here is another one:  does anybody miss the heated political debates?

I remember a little of the political debates back in the day, but I also recall that this site used to be critical of Ford for Crown Vic fuel tanks and other issues. That was way back in the early ‘00s. I think the site owner made a deal with Ford and then it somehow turned into a more positive enthusiasts site. I think that’s why some of the legacy posters were more negative.T-Stag... wasn’t he from Australia or Britain or something like that?

1 hour ago, 2005Explorer said:

I remember a little of the political debates back in the day, but I also recall that this site used to be critical of Ford for Crown Vic fuel tanks and other issues. That was way back in the early ‘00s. I think the site owner made a deal with Ford and then it somehow turned into a more positive enthusiasts site. I think that’s why some of the legacy posters were more negative.T-Stag... wasn’t he from Australia or Britain or something like that?

I know I've been around here in some form or another since 1997/8, when Robert first starting having issues with Ford (Since it was Ford Oval news or something along those lines) that were eventually settled between the two. 

Lots of information/history lost to server crashes/moves and what not during that time. 

Edited by silvrsvt

It was Blue Oval News back then and Robert was publishing internal documents leaked by employees.  

The ones that were the most vocal on the political issues were employees that got kicked out of the employee section from what I remember.  It's just so much more pleasant without all that crap.

14 minutes ago, akirby said:

It was Blue Oval News back then and Robert was publishing internal documents leaked by employees.  

The ones that were the most vocal on the political issues were employees that got kicked out of the employee section from what I remember.  It's just so much more pleasant without all that crap.

Ok, I just checked-BON has been around for over 20 years now- and no celebration?! LOL

I could have swore at one point in time there was a website that had to change its name due to it used Ford in its name and BON was connected to that. 

10 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Right, but that was done automatically recently...I'm talking about the late 1990s era, before the lawsuit with Ford over the Cobra power issue. 

Yes, I remember that.  The website used to start with 'Ford' something or other, but I can't remember what it was.