Anyone Remember the Notorious Posters?

On 6/18/2019 at 8:55 AM, MY93SHO said:

Don't forget Sizzler and his Nostradamus like foresight.

And I was right about Ford needing to just bring back the FE, and lo and behold, we have a 4.2" bore by 3.97" stroke pushrod engine.

And all of the 'experts' here are labeling it as 'heavy'.  With aluminum heads, intake (not composite like the new 7.3), an FE comes in at 500 lbs, even with an iron block.  How does that compare with the smaller Ford engines?

What are the official specs on the new 7.3? Anyone actually know?

Deck height

Bore Spacing

Weight

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 10:26 PM, 2005Explorer said:

I am not the most active around here, but I have posted on and off since 2005. Anyone around here still remember the notorious members? There was the OtisFordSucks guy, the dude with a lemon Taurus, the world's biggest Ford hater I think his name was Matt, but can't recall the screen name. There was also the Sheriff dude whow was in love with Panthers. ? Anyhow I just started thinking about the old BON days. I hope Richard Jensen is doing well these days. I sort of miss him. He had a hell of a job trying to keep that group moderated!

Any other old members good or bad that used to be active but are gone now?

no

On 9/3/2019 at 11:19 AM, akirby said:

Do you also like fiberglass underwear?

I like the back-and-forth of the political discussions. Frankly, without them, this place became kind of dull. That's one reason I'm not around as much, and if you look back far enough, I was a prolific poster of all things political. 

30 minutes ago, Len_A said:

I like the back-and-forth of the political discussions. Frankly, without them, this place became kind of dull. That's one reason I'm not around as much, and if you look back far enough, I was a prolific poster of all things political. 

If talking about Ford and Ford vehicles and competing vehicles is dull then maybe this isn’t the best forum for you.....

• Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 10:07 AM, akirby said:

If talking about Ford and Ford vehicles and competing vehicles is dull then maybe this isn’t the best forum for you.....

I enjoy talking about Ford and Ford vehicles, but the Off Topic forum WAS set up for political discussions, and I know that for an absolute fact, because it happened right after I posted a political post in the Employees forum that they created the Off Topic and moved that thread. That happened some time prior to 2003.

Then the Off Topic became very heated, very politically charged. 

Then they dropped the hammer, due to a lot of personal attacks, and then this forum lost a lot of people who felt that there were too many restrictions on what the felt were their free speech rights, not acknowledging that, essentially, BOF is private property, and as such, can impose whatever rules they want.

Not the first time I've seen this. One other website I used to frequent completely deleted the politics forum, rather than attempt to moderate it. Again, their property, their rights. I acknowledge it, but I don't have to like it.

24 minutes ago, Len_A said:

Then they dropped the hammer, due to a lot of personal attacks, and then this forum lost a lot of people who felt that there were too many restrictions

And in that process we (thankfully) lost the people who were perpetrating the personal attacks.    How many people did we lose BECAUSE of the personal attacks and political debates?  We'll never know but I'm sure it's more than we lost.

In the end this is a family friendly automotive forum, not a political debate site.  There are literally hundreds if not thousands of political debate sites out there already.   Anyone can go start their own "Ford employee political debate forum" if that's what they want to do.

As Moderators we have to consider ALL members and non members who frequent this site for news about Ford and Ford vehicles and not just the few vocal ones.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just checked and the last time I posted anything here was 2014. Not even sure why I'm on here now, but I saw the topic and wondered if there were any familiar people I might remember.  I recall all  the back and forth during those political debates, but after that election things got quiet. That's probably why I left, because things got too quiet. Great to see that some of you are still around and posting.