UAW Oversight

Dayshift

What procedures and mechanism's are in place to assure our dues are being spent properly at the regional, national and international level?

Do we have outside auditors verify the books and confirm our money is being spent properly?

What do we need to do differently, as a Union, to assure our money is being spent properly and to prevent what happened at UAW/FCA from happening again?

What is the process to assure changes are being made?

Other than the FBI, who is responsible for oversight of our UAW leadership and it's actions? 

Edited by Dayshift

• 7 months later...

Just like what happens every year on the Local Levels, all financial  related papers are submitted to the Federal Govt.  The problem arose (IMO) when certain people accepted "Master" bills from conference venues - which isn't a detailed statement.  If leadership fails to lead and there is not a mechanism in place for people to speak up without terrible retribution - we see what happens.  Shame on everyone who knew what was going on and said nothing.  However, I still love my Union Brothers and Sisters.

Edited by 600'sOldWatchDog

The  current,Good Ol Boys at the head of the IUAW need to get broken up.Then the door may get open to elect some people who are passionate about unionism and are not just playin the position of union executive, for their own personal benefit.I believe there has got to be somebody,somewhere at some local who is a genuine union person.Someone who is a leader, who is willing to sacrifice for the common good of the membership.I, along with other posters on this message board would do a better,more ethical ,job than the current collection of  Good Ol Boys!This one jerk,Vance Johnson,who was a UAW Regional Director has plead guilty and now he can start singin' to the Feds.How do you like them scantily-clad, cigar lighting ,young ladies paid for with our union dues,at your private union parties now,Vance,jack-ass?I got this suspicion that our union dues paid for more than just cigar lighting services.Makes me feel like a real chump being a union member walking into the plants at all hours of day and night to start my shift .:sos: these "things" are kinda fun!

Edited by Fatso

The Federal Filings (LM-2) that's referred to in prior posts can and will fall in line with a make believe tax return. If you got a W-2 from a one check job in the year you worked steady for 52 checks the likely hood you could miss place the one extra check W-2 and hope the IRS does a typical job of overlooking that onecee check as your combined income. If nothing else, if your caught you get to pay taxes on the miss place W-2. Maybe some penalties but no government daycare center stays.

Then believe it or not the gov is either overlooking something or going to spring it on all our respected IUAW peeps??? Every local and every international LM-2 filing has to have something in place before summiting it to the gov. Yep, every local votes on their LM-2 before sending it for.... the membership approval. (ever have that happen at your local?) Then according to our constitution and the federal law our IUAW Executive Board has to vote on the LM-2 for their approval before submitting it. Then there is the artists that fill the LM-2 with all those made up half truths. You know we used the money to buy flowers or rooms for the conference or plane tickets to So Cal....

Sooo did they vote? Was it unanimous? orrrr did the IUAW forget to take it to a vote cause everyone was busy? (southern California golf...)    There`s more than meets the eye and my money is on those IRS and DoL blood hounds.