Bronco Raptor closer to reality?

1 hour ago, MY93SHO said:

How is Bronco a sub-brand? A sub-brand of what?

As other have said Bronco will be an example of this with upwards of six different types of vehicles across Mid size and compact segments before we add in a possible full sized version.

The theory is based around different sales channels within the Ford brand instead of a discreet brand like Mercury. Ford could end up with these sales channels, Ford, Lincoln, Bronco, Mustang, Raptor, Tremor?

Edited by jpd80

I don't know how they could be thinking about a Coyote v8 if the T6 eng package is done and handed over to North America, maybe there's a larger full sized Bronco being scoped (full sized SWB F150 mule spotted early in June)

Edited by jpd80

29 minutes ago, probowler said:

A Bronco raptor doesn't have to be called a raptor, it just has to be a fast desert racer in SUV form.

Nobody sees a Bronco and thinks desert runner. That's why Bronco shouldn't get the Raptor name. Whatever hi-po version of the Bronco they're working on should be a rock crawler, and there's been many hints at that coming from various executives lately. 

Too bad the TrailBlazer name was already used by GM. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Nobody sees a Bronco and thinks desert runner. That's why Bronco shouldn't get the Raptor name. Whatever hi-po version of the Bronco they're working on should be a rock crawler, and there's been many hints at that coming from various executives lately. 

I guess these guys didn't get the memo:

00606_lAETv0dsh2Q_1200x900-1080x675.jpg

https://www.deadclutch.com/2018/02/13/1993-ford-bronco-pre-runner-the-juice/

Or ALLLLLL these guys

broncos-jpg.174117

https://www.race-dezert.com/forum/threads/bronco-prerunners.126737/

bay-of-la-pit-3-jpg.174197

dsc_0373-jpg.202228

Or this entire Go Fast subboard

Edited by probowler
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, probowler said:

Agreed, Bronco has always been a good mix of desert racer (Bill Stroppe anyone?) and rock  crawlers.

Still miss my 94 Bronco, favorite vehicle I ever owned.

I would have hoped they would have left raptor to f150...the is no raptor named historical basis for bronc like the Stropps Baja broncs and the Denver Bronc speshuls later on....last thing i want to see stickered all over a bronc is raptor lick and stick.....i aint ever buying a full size bronc again either (rode and drove like hell - when discontuned in 97 it was the right decision by ford to move on)..if ford has already morphed the bronc into after 77 size they can stuff it.....we will stick with our wranglers and the scout.... never going down the full size bronc rabbit hole ever again (ate front end parts faster then any truck based vehicle i had ever owned-undersized junk parts from the get go).....best left for the mudder crowd..useless on tight trails....almost assured a useless committee has decided to use raptor...probably not a dam one of em has any idea of bronc history...or even over 25 years of age...ask em..they know everything bestus for ford yet not a dam one of em could even put a lug nut on with the line rollin...keep bronc true to form ford...useless rant off

Edited by snooter

11 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

When people see Bronco, they will understand why it's a kick-ass package and not just a top hat on a Ranger.:)

Edited by jpd80

20 hours ago, Steve557 said:

Agreed, Bronco has always been a good mix of desert racer (Bill Stroppe anyone?) and rock  crawlers.

Still miss my 94 Bronco, favorite vehicle I ever owned.

Heck, Parnelli Jones had his "Big Oly" desert-runner Bronco stolen in the original Gone In 60 Seconds. Jones and Big Oly got almost as much screen time as the original Eleanor.

3 hours ago, robertlane said:

Ford is planning to have special Bronco models named after former drivers.

That makes sense Robert because Ford spent a lot of time researching the culture around Bronco and why so many were being restored. The respect and reverence to that will be shown by honoring GEN 1 styling cues in the new vehicles.

When people finally see Bronco, they will probably realize why the term Raptor is redundant......

Edited by jpd80

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

That makes sense Robert because Ford spent a lot of time researching the culture around Bronco and why so many were being restored. The respect and reverence to that will be shown by honoring GEN 1 styling cues in the new vehicles.

When people finally see Bronco, they will probably realize why the term Raptor is redundant......

Any possibity or thoughts to a bronc Cyclone??? (Just leave raptor to f150 - why muddle the name)....it would work with a cale yarborough theme or are the broncs only to be limited to those that actually drove the bronc??..really none of those names have little or any household recognition (outside stroppes i cant name a one)....i know chebby had used "syclone" in the past but may be that would not cause any internal conflicts for reuse of the Cyclone name....would also like to see a unique black color called "leaded black".....

54 minutes ago, snooter said:

Any possibity or thoughts to a bronc Cyclone??? (Just leave raptor to f150 - why muddle the name)....it would work with a cale yarborough theme or are the broncs only to be limited to those that actually drove the bronc??..really none of those names have little or any household recognition (outside stroppes i cant name a one)....i know chebby had used "syclone" in the past but may be that would not cause any internal conflicts for reuse of the Cyclone name....would also like to see a unique black color called "leaded black".....

Ranger Raptor also exists in ROW and you'll probably get TT V6 version on the next GEN truck. Bronco will preview a lot of that equipment..No Idea of actual names of Bronco models

13 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

Heck, Parnelli Jones had his "Big Oly" desert-runner Bronco stolen in the original Gone In 60 Seconds. Jones and Big Oly got almost as much screen time as the original Eleanor.

It also had a cameo appearance in Need For Speed (which Ford also used to debut the S550 in film) :)

i677966.jpg

2015-Ford-Mustang-GT-Pre-production-S550

• Like 1