GM Sales Q2 & June 2019

rmc523

So here are GM's 2019 Q2 figures.

image.thumb.png.5215affc5737651ad5ef21ea4b7f63e8.png

Here are the monthly numbers for June I was able to put together.  I will note, these numbers are off a bit, in some cases a lot.  The numbers GM reports to databases each month (which I collect from reliable sources) don't add up anywhere near to what they report in their quarterly reports (as you can see with Volt being at -161).  I came to these figures by subtracting my found April/May totals from GM's reported Q2 numbers.

I wish I knew how to rectify the differences, but I'm at a loss of how to.  Sorry guys.

image.thumb.png.990a34a42b12fbe3b09ac34db725b0c5.png

Edited by rmc523

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:08 AM, DequindreToo said:

The Blazer is turning out to be a bit of a flop.

My cousin's husband works in the service department of a GM dealer. This is a dealership that has been owned by the same family since the late 1930s.

He told me that the Blazer is simply too expensive when equipped the way buyers of this class of vehicle expect. That is why sales aren't that great.

Edited by grbeck
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, grbeck said:

My cousin's husband works in the service department of a GM dealer. This is a dealership that has been owned by the same family since the late 1930s.

He told me that the Blazer is simply too expensive when equipped the way buyers of this class of vehicle expect. That is why sales aren't that great.

Not to mention the people who would buy one would rather buy a BOF one because of the name. Not that it's the greatest indicator but look at the social media reaction, it's a lot of you tried and that's not a blazer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not to mention the people who would buy one would rather buy a BOF one because of the name. Not that it's the greatest indicator but look at the social media reaction, it's a lot of you tried and that's not a blazer. 

I don't think the name is a problem. That's not worked against the Explorer.

IMO, the whole package is weak. Appearance, price, quality etc. Its a very competitive segment and some competitive products are just appealing.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, J-150 said:

I don't think the name is a problem. That's not worked against the Explorer.

IMO, the whole package is weak. Appearance, price, quality etc. Its a very competitive segment and some competitive products are just appealing.

Explorer hasn't strayed far from its' 4 door SUV roots though.

GM faithful are a different animal.  To them Blazer = massive 2 door SUV (OJ bronco type).  Putting that name on a "wimpy" midsize FWD crossover = sacrilege.  Couple that with it being expensive, and that's not a good recipe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Explorer hasn't strayed far from its' 4 door SUV roots though.

GM faithful are a different animal.  To them Blazer = massive 2 door SUV (OJ bronco type).  Putting that name on a "wimpy" midsize FWD crossover = sacrilege.  Couple that with it being expensive, and that's not a good recipe.

But all those "real people, not actors" on TV love it!!

Actually looks wise I do really like the looks of it.  They have a Blue one at Hershey Park and it is definitely a looker.  But I never bothered to price one out for shits and giggles.

32 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

But all those "real people, not actors" on TV love it!!

Actually looks wise I do really like the looks of it.  They have a Blue one at Hershey Park and it is definitely a looker.  But I never bothered to price one out for shits and giggles.

Yeah, I don't mind how they look either, aside from that hideous rear bumper treatment.  I think it has one of the better implementations of the split headlight look.  The interior, on the other hand....I don't like at all.

21 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, I don't mind how they look either, aside from that hideous rear bumper treatment.  I think it has one of the better implementations of the split headlight look.  The interior, on the other hand....I don't like at all.

Never looked inside nor saw the back.  It was backed up into a cubby if you will so everybody walked in front of it as they passed by.

I've seen a couple of the new Blazers on the road-they don't look bad, though they invoke some styling cues from the Camaro...but it looks better then that. 

As for its price point-well cars aren't going to be "cheap" anymore...the average price of a new car is what $36K or so with a $500+ car payment? 

• 2 weeks later...

I go to Chicago Auto Show with friends who are more car consumers than enthusiasts. They were interested in seeing the new Blazer, but thought was "OK looking, but too much $$". They remember the compact S-10 to 2000's versions, not the full sizers.

Edited by 630land

6 hours ago, 630land said:

I go to Chicago Auto Show with friends who are more car consumers than enthusiasts. They were interested in seeing the new Blazer, but thought was "OK looking, but too much $$". They remember the compact S-10 to 2000's versions, not the full sizers.

Now that I have seen the Blazer in person, I think it’s one of the best looking GM products I’ve seen. I haven’t seen the interior to know if it is typical GM garage though.  Price must be having an impact.  

I still don’t understand the usage of the Blazer name on this type of vehicle though. 

Edited by tbone

15 hours ago, tbone said:

I haven’t seen the interior to know if it is typical GM garage though.

New Blazer interior is modern looking and well made. Some people (me included) dislike the wacky interior temperature controls though. They are huge knobs that surround the front center vents. Same design as in the Camaro.

2019-Chevrolet-Blazer-14.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-Blazer-AWD-RS-ac-vents.jp

59 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Some people (me included) dislike the wacky interior temperature controls though. They are huge knobs that surround the front center vents. Same design as in the Camaro.

That's just ridiculous.  I hate when they do something different just for the sake of being different.  It's not better, or more efficient, or better looking, just different.  Stupid.

• Like 1