Limited-Edition, Track-Only Ford GT Mk II Unleashes The Next Level of Ford GT Supercar Performance

1 minute ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Am I reading the article correctly, for $1.2 million you get a track-only car that isn't legal to run in any current series?

HRG

Absolutely.  And they’ll sell every one of them.  Lots of super rich folks buy cars like this and keep them at track country clubs or private track days/races.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Do you post links like above just to boost your post count?  You're the only one mentioning daily drivers.

HRG

Let me try again for the comprehension impaired.

Many people buy supercars and only run them at the track.  There is such a track just north of Atlanta where you can even keep the car in a garage at the track.  They’re like country clubs.  You can also run them at many tracks on track days.   The fact that this is track only has nothing to do with any racing series.

People also pay millions for special editions of supercars just like the one I posted which is actually twice the price of the GT.  Some may be street legal and some aren’t but that’s not the point.

44 minutes ago, akirby said:

Many people buy supercars and only run them at the track.  There is such a track just north of Atlanta where you can even keep the car in a garage at the track.  They’re like country clubs.  You can also run them at many tracks on track days.   The fact that this is track only has nothing to do with any racing series.

People also pay millions for special editions of supercars just like the one I posted which is actually twice the price of the GT.  Some may be street legal and some aren’t but that’s not the point.

If you have enough money you can make it street legal anyway 

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1103505_see-the-first-street-legal-aston-martin-vulcan-hit-the-road

1 hour ago, akirby said:

There’s one of these clubs near me, people even build their own garages there. 

https://autobahncc.com/

17 hours ago, akirby said:

Yep...I had the privilege of going to one once in So Cal...its called Thermal...was a hoot. But basically a rich mans playground, cars are stored and serviced there, and part of the contract is one must own a property that outlines the track...pretty friggen awesome!~...Country Club is a perfect description...only its cars and a track, not a Golf club. One "kid" and yes, he still had pimples, showed up with a race spec McLaren, a Porsche 918 and arrived in a Focus RS.....

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

Yep...I had the privilege of going to one once in So Cal...its called Thermal...was a hoot. But basically a rich mans playground, cars are stored and serviced there, and part of the contract is one must own a property that outlines the track...pretty friggen awesome!~...Country Club is a perfect description...only its cars and a track, not a Golf club. One "kid" and yes, he still had pimples, showed up with a race spec McLaren, a Porsche 918 and arrived in a Focus RS.....

https://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hp-thermal-club-motorsports-homes-20190705-story.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

this place?

12 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

I'm looking at it this way. The Ford brand is so strong that it can command a over $1m price tag.

That particular line of cars was one of the first to break the $1M mark in the used market, but, yeah, Ford being able to sell a brand new car for that much is something, isn't it?

• Like 1