2020 C8 CORVETTE REAR END PIC LEAKS ONLINE DAYS BEFORE DEBUT

silvrsvt

127544-2020-c8-mid-engine-corvette-this-is-probably-the-new-rear-end.jpg

So it looks like a Camaro with some vents in the bumper corners?

I'm not impressed at all.

To me, it doesn't look like it belongs on the car - like they just grafted another vehicle's rear onto this car.

I'll of course wait for final judgment until we see it revealed, but I'm not impressed so far.

Those square exhaust outlets are odd and out of place.

10 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

GM doing what it usually does with a design, they can't seem to help themselves. They always go for "11/10 or 12/10" when 10/10 would suffice. Way, way overdone.

I wonder if they are subletting the design department to Lexus? 

40 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-sports/new-c8-corvette-door-rendering-seeks-to-reveal-the-car-early/ar-AAE8KTB?ocid=spartanntp

This may be one of those times where a car looked better under the padding and camouflage. I hope this render is not accurate. 

I wouldn't say that looks better under camo, but good god is that bland as hell. I hope that's not accurate or they’re in trouble 

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I wouldn't say that looks better under camo, but good god is that bland as hell. I hope that's not accurate or they’re in trouble 

From the few insiders I know at the General... that's more or less it.

NO sense of scale or elemental purpose. Wellburn certainly left his mark...

24 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

NO sense of scale or elemental purpose. Wellburn certainly left his mark...

What do you personally think of the rendering if it's actually true? I think GM has ruined the Corvette. I see the need for rear mid-engine layout but should have named that one Corvette Zora and still have the regular Corvette 'C8' with front engine and rear drive layout. BTW, who is Wellburn?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

What do you personally think of the rendering if it's actually true? 

From a design perspective, it looks like one group of people designed the front 2/3rds of the car, and a different group of people designed the back 1/3... and they weren't allowed to talk to each other. A pleasing mid-engine profile will carry your eye from the front corner in a single arc up towards the rear, with just enough massing beneath the rear 1/3 to anchor the flow. On this Vette (assuming this is, in fact, it), the winglet on the door forces the low massing to start too early and too far forward, leaving a huge slab of "oh shit what do we do here" as the profile terminates into the rear bumper. A rear spoiler that, design-wise, only makes sense with cues as seen from the direct rear view adds to the visual mess of the profile. 

Seriously: Cover up the back 1/3 of the car with your hand and it looks like it could be a really nice design. Now cover up the front 2/3 and again, the design looks promising. They failed - miserably - at scaling and marrying the thematic designs of the car together. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

Agreed.  I'll wait until I see the real thing, but what I've seen so far looks very awkward..

9 minutes ago, tbone said:

Not awkward, ugly!

Fellas, we can kibitz all day long about the looks, but when I showed to the girlfriend (who currently drives a 2018 Escape) she loved it...target audience hit!

12 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Fellas, we can kibitz all day long about the looks, but when I showed to the girlfriend (who currently drives a 2018 Escape) she loved it...target audience hit!

So your girlfriend is a hot blonde with a sugar daddy in the middle of a mid-life crisis?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

So your girlfriend is a hot blonde with a sugar daddy in the middle of a mid-life crisis?

Buying a Corvette because of a mid-life crisis is a little passe.  I am on my 4th in 18 years  C5, C6, C6, and C7.  Bang for the buck nothing touches it.  And the C7 is anything but an old man's car.  After 5 years amazing how often I still get complements and people stopping to look.

• Like 1