Aviator GT Order

14 hours ago, mustangchief said:

Mine followed the same timeline until eta end date  instead status changed to "shipped offsite"  Maybe it has been selected to be a crash test victim?   Glad to see you got an ETA

Don't give up hope yet... our Expedition also got the "sent offsite" primary status but it was just due to "awaiting shipment".  It was then released a few days later.  I believe there are additional offsite storage lots that they ship from, maybe it depends on your ramp assignment. Hope you get an ETA soon!

Edited by CoolScoop

14 hours ago, mustangchief said:

Mine followed the same timeline until eta end date  instead status changed to "shipped offsite"  Maybe it has been selected to be a crash test victim?   Glad to see you got an ETA

I hope you all have a better experience than me. Fully loaded Reserve II:

Ordered 6/28

blend 9/17

built 9/20

eta 10/13

status went to ‘Origin Received; In Production’ around build date and hasn’t changed since.  I doubt delivery will occur in CY2019. Calling dealership Monday to finalize re-order. 

This has been going on so long I’ve been through two Lincoln Client reps!

1 hour ago, Professor1234 said:

I hope you all have a better experience than me. Fully loaded Reserve II:

Ordered 6/28

blend 9/17

built 9/20

eta 10/13

status went to ‘Origin Received; In Production’ around build date and hasn’t changed since.  I doubt delivery will occur in CY2019. Calling dealership Monday to finalize re-order. 

This has been going on so long I’ve been through two Lincoln Client reps!

It would be beneficial to have a list of definitions that explain what all the different tracking terms mean, especially the less common ones like 'Origin Recieved' and 'Sent Offsite'.  

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 10:09 PM, CoolScoop said:

Don't give up hope yet... our Expedition also got the "sent offsite" primary status but it was just due to "awaiting shipment".  It was then released a few days later.  I believe there are additional offsite storage lots that they ship from, maybe it depends on your ramp assignment. Hope you get an ETA soon!

I haven't ...yet,  It is still in production, so it isn't at the shipper.  Off Site in production status, is either a detailed QA inspection (which I wouldn't mind)  A track test inspection ( a letter will be on the seat to explain the 50 or so extra miles) or it had an issue that needed to be sent to an off site repair area (rare)  If it is just an inspection there is hope of getting it by Christmas.  It is coming by Convoy, so it will roll in around 4pm if like the other explorer and Aviator deliveries.  The even rarer off site is it was selected for crash testing, then I will get a new production date next week.   

7 hours ago, mustangchief said:

I haven't ...yet,  It is still in production, so it isn't at the shipper.  Off Site in production status, is either a detailed QA inspection (which I wouldn't mind)  A track test inspection ( a letter will be on the seat to explain the 50 or so extra miles) or it had an issue that needed to be sent to an off site repair area (rare)  If it is just an inspection there is hope of getting it by Christmas.  It is coming by Convoy, so it will roll in around 4pm if like the other explorer and Aviator deliveries.  The even rarer off site is it was selected for crash testing, then I will get a new production date next week.   

My 03 Mach 1 had the track test, back then they put a sticker on driver side window with note explaining the extra 32 miles.  Even though I have an eta end date, mine still says produced and in production... I assume released and at ramp will come next?  I've read elsewhere that the eta is normally a 6 day window with start and end dates, so with a 12/22 end date my delivery window should be 12/16 to 12/22... fingers crossed!!

• Like 1

I ordered mine back in August and when checked with my dealer last week, I was told maybe first week of January but to not count on it.  

How are you guys checking the status of the build?  I would love to be able to do that without having to wait for days for a response from my dealer.

My status changed from Produced to Origin Received, but the primary status stayed at In Production instead of changing to Awaiting Shipment.  Does anyone know what the In Production - Origin Received combination means... is it going to be shipped offsite?  The ETA End Date hasn't changed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 1:13 PM, CoolScoop said:

Looks like GTs are FINALLY beginning to ship... tracking changed to Status: Released;  Primary Status: Awaiting Shipment, with new eta start/end dates of Jan 2/Jan 8.  Looks like we'll miss the tax credit for this year by just a few days... bummer.

I would hope these haven't been held back to move the tax credits to 2020

On 10/16/2019 at 5:40 PM, unbeatable said:

anybody know what the "transitDate" field means?  looks like it has a two digit value/code when its populated but not sure what it means.

Looks like "transitDate" fills in after status changes to released/awaiting shipment.  It's a two digit number, mine is 10... I've seen others with 15 and 17.  Could be the estimated number of days in transit after it ships, don't know what else it could be.

3 hours ago, mustangchief said:

I still haven't seen any invoice or ship out.  Should be getting the 2021 order guides soon.  It will be an interesting January.  

I've only heard of two orders that have shipped and they are currently in transit to California, one shipped on Dec 30 and the other on Dec 31.  Both are retail orders...

Edited by CoolScoop

What is the Lincoln client rep phone number that you guys been using?  this ordering process has been very frustrating with basically no communication from my dealer.  Wife is losing interest very fast so I need to make some effort to contact someone and calm her down.

thanks

7 hours ago, Teich said:

Just spoke to my salesman who was just notified that all GT models are going to another warehouse location for final inspection.  Will be about another month before delivery begins.  Lincoln sure has blown this start.

There has been no blown start, just folks who don't understand new product roll outs.  You can run over to GM and pick up a new C8 Vette, oops they are being held for retrofit of updated parts, Guess Chevy blew the start of the new awesome Vette.  

3 hours ago, Flying68 said:

So glad I decided against waiting for the GT and went with an Expedition Platinum instead.  It would have been awesome having the PHEV, but the family loves the room in the Expedition.

So glad your decided to buy the awesome Expedition Platinum and post it on my thread about my GT order.  

Has any one heard anything else about GT production in general? I ordered a Black Label GT in May 2019 and my vehicle still does not have a production date. Also, the dealer said that there are vehicles with original production dates in November being rescheduled for February and added that Lincoln is not providing the dealers with any information about the delays and new timelines. 

Some are being deIivered to customers... see last post in the Aviator, Sasquatch thread for a photo.  The earliest delverery date I've heard of was Jan 3rd in Illinois.  I've also heard of two being delivered to to the same dealer in California the other day and another to Allentown, PA.  The strange thing is its looking like they did it backwards for the GT, with retail orders being delivered first... I haven't heard of any stock orders being delivered yet.

29 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

Some are being deIivered to customers... see last post in the Aviator, Sasquatch thread for a photo.  The earliest delverery date I've heard of was Jan 3rd in Illinois.  I've also heard of two being delivered to to the same dealer in California the other day and another to Allentown, PA.  The strange thing is its looking like they did it backwards for the GT, with retail orders being delivered first... I haven't heard of any stock orders being delivered yet.

Any update on yours?  Mine is Frozen in time.

23 hours ago, mustangchief said:

Any update on yours?  Mine is Frozen in 

Still awaiting shipment... eta start/end dates never updated even though they were last week.  Only thing that changed is it now says pending update under eta disposition... I have no idea what that means.

Edited by CoolScoop

1 hour ago, CoolScoop said:

Still awaiting shipment... eta start/end dates never updated even though they were last week.  Only thing that changed is it now says pending update under eta dispotition... I have no idea what that means.

Another puzzling thing is my window sticker disappeared after status updated to released/awaiting shipment on Dec 28 and never came back.  I just get the check back later sticker not released yet message again... is that normal?