Aviator GT Order

9 hours ago, rampagex7 said:

I've found the PAAK to be terrible so far.  I can only get it to work maybe 30% of the time, and that's after reinstalling the Lincoln way app 3 times now.  I encountered the exact same problem with the prompt of the backup passcode and a couple times, and even after entering the correct passcode (and it acknowledging it received the correct passcode) it still won't start and keeps asking again for the passcode.  I'm terrified of getting stranded with the PAAK not working so I've given up for now and will only use the factory fob.  I just got a new iPhone 11 yesterday and will try setting PAAK up from scratch on the new phone (just in case my old iPhone 6 was the problem) and if it doesn't fix the PAAK issues I'm going back to the dealer.

I've only had that one hiccup, it worked well yesterday.  I would not go hundreds of miles away on an important trip, but as much as it is an inconvenience if it would go out, I'm not footing the tow bill.  

On 2/20/2020 at 9:40 PM, rampagex7 said:

mustangchief, does your HUD have an icon to show the remaining DTE for electric range in it?  Or does it only show the DTE for gas?

According to OM it is supposed to show the EV range in the HUD but mine doesn't for some reason, I was wondering if it's just mine that is missing it.  See below photos of my HUD (shows only gas DTE) and what the manual says the EVIMG_2906.thumb.JPG.766a8eed5226ed16c15e406b30d84d15.JPG DTE should be there as well.

IMG_2905.JPG

Pages from 2020-Ford-Lincoln-Aviator-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_06_2019_Page_1.jpg

It did not show up, I did not try it in all electric mode as I was out of juice.  

On 2/10/2020 at 4:19 PM, CoolScoop said:

Nope, eta slipped three more times since then... it's now mid March.  If it doesnt slip again, that would be about 2.5 months since released and 3.5 months since produced.  It appears to have been sitting at the same ramp since produced and seems to be out of Ford's contol now, so I guess its officially in ramp jail

Mine is FINALLY out of ramp jail... over past several days the status changed from Released to Re-released to Origin Received to Shipped Rail.  Also, my window sticker disappeared when it was first released in December and hasn't worked since... but it just magically reappeared with today's date at the bottom!!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

Mine is FINALLY out of ramp jail... over past several days the status changed from Released to Re-released to Origin Received to Shipped Rail.  Also, my window sticker disappeared when it was first released in December and hasn't worked since... but it just magically reappeared with today's date at the bottom!!!

Awesome! Hope to see pics in the near future. 

On 2/26/2020 at 4:31 PM, CoolScoop said:

Status changed to Arrived Rail and then Recieved.  I've read somewhere that Ford contracts with the trucking companies require Shipped Convoy and Delivered to be completed within 72 hours of being Recieved at the rail yard... not sure if that counts weekends or is just business days.

Edited by CoolScoop

40 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

Status changed to Arrived Rail and then Recieved.  I've read somewhere that Ford contracts with the trucking companies require Shipped Convoy and Delivered to be completed within 72 hours of being Recieved at the rail yard... not sure if that counts weekends or is just business days.

That's been Ford's policy for years but don't count on it. It depends on the market, how many Ford/Lincoln vehicles get transported by car carrier out of the final rail destination to a particular area, car carrier load configuration, how many Ford/Lincoln vehicles are available to finish filling a carrier load and other factors. I've had Mustangs sit at the Flat Oaks, PA ramp for weeks because they had to wait for enough vehicles to fill a carrier headed to our market area. The same thing happens out of the East Brookfield, MA ramp which is the final rail destination for Super Duty pickups headed to our market because of the load configuration issues. In addition, carriers are often mixed with different brands as the carrier companies often have contracts covering a number of manufacturers and the carriers get loaded with a mix of vehicles from different brands to be delivered to the same market. 

Your Dealer can tell you what the realistic delivery time is from the ramp where your vehicle is located based on their experience with the company delivering vehicles to their dealership from that ramp.

Ford retail orders are shipped with green Window Stickers identifying them as sold units so that the carrier companies can expedite delivery to the dealership. They usually are pretty good at delivering sold units but the other factors can still apply depending on the ramp and your market area. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

That's been Ford's policy for years but don't count on it. It depends on the market, how many Ford/Lincoln vehicles get transported by car carrier out of the final rail destination to a particular area, car carrier load configuration, how many Ford/Lincoln vehicles are available to finish filling a carrier load and other factors. I've had Mustangs sit at the Flat Oaks, PA ramp for weeks because they had to wait for enough vehicles to fill a carrier headed to our market area. The same thing happens out of the East Brookfield, MA ramp which is the final rail destination for Super Duty pickups headed to our market because of the load configuration issues. In addition, carriers are often mixed with different brands as the carrier companies often have contracts covering a number of manufacturers and the carriers get loaded with a mix of vehicles from different brands to be delivered to the same market. 

Your Dealer can tell you what the realistic delivery time is from the ramp where your vehicle is located based on their experience with the company delivering vehicles to their dealership from that ramp.

Ford retail orders are shipped with green Window Stickers identifying them as sold units so that the carrier companies can expedite delivery to the dealership. They usually are pretty good at delivering sold units but the other factors can still apply depending on the ramp and your market area. 

Thanks for the words of wisdom ice-capades!!  I'm just glad it finally made it out of Ramp (06) jail ... is two months from Released to Shipped a common ocurance at CAP or am I just unlucky, lol.  I do have a green window sticker, maybe I"ll have better luck at the Buffalo Ramp!

Edited by CoolScoop

22 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

Thanks for the words of wisdom ice-capades!!  I'm just glad it finally made it out of Ramp (06) jail ... is two months from Released to Shipped a common ocurance at CAP or am I just unlucky, lol.  I do have a green window sticker, maybe I"ll have better luck at the Buffalo Ramp!

The "Ramp" I referred to is the final rail ramp destination, not the ramp at CAP. 

11 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The "Ramp" I referred to is the final rail ramp destination, not the ramp at CAP. 

I know... mine was stuck at CAP for two months and I was just wondering if you've seen that very often.  It's at the final ramp in Buffalo, NY now.

Edited by CoolScoop

56 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

I know... mine was stuck at CAP for two months and I was just wondering if you've seen that very often.  It's at the final ramp in Buffalo, NY now.

Really only all the 2020 Explorers that had to be repaired and/or sent to Flat Rock before they could be shipped. 

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Really only all the 2020 Explorers that had to be repaired and/or sent to Flat Rock before they could be shipped. 

Ya we know about them but they weren't Released during those repairs. Mine was Produced the first week of December, then Origin Received/In Production until it was Released/Awaiting Shipment the last week of December.  It then stayed in that same status for two months until the last week of February and its location from Produced to Shipped on every update I recieved from my dealer was always Ramp 06... for almost three months.  My dealer tried to find out why it wasn't shipping, but could only speculate that it got caught in a first in/last out ramp situation.  Thanks again for the info, my GT should be shipping from Buffalo via Jack Cooper... hopefully status will soon be Shipped Convoy with same day delivery!

Edited by CoolScoop

Does anyone know if this means that if I ordered my GT last weekend and the order goes thru to Lincoln this Wednesday as my dealer said (3/4/2020) that I won’t be able to get the blue diamond color I ordered?  Any insight as to weather this 14-16 wk estimate is anywhere near accurate?

445B68B6-8ADD-44C5-A053-93DA9C9063FE.png

6 minutes ago, Efmnc said:

Does anyone know if this means that if I ordered my GT last weekend and the order goes thru to Lincoln this Wednesday as my dealer said (3/4/2020) that I won’t be able to get the blue diamond color I ordered?  Any insight as to weather this 14-16 wk estimate is anywhere near accurate?

445B68B6-8ADD-44C5-A053-93DA9C9063FE.png

Is this a retail order or fleet? The image provided is for fleet orders. Even so, it's probably too late to get the Blue Diamond paint. I'm not sure what you mean about the order "going through" to Lincoln on Wednesday. If the order has already been placed, your Dealer would have received the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) from Lincoln the following morning along with any notice about the Blue Diamond paint being balanced out. FYI... Vehicle scheduling is normally done on Thursday morning however there is no Aviator scheduling this Thursday, March 5th.

Ice-capades it was a retail order we placed for a GT. Wrote up the paperwork on Sat 2/21, salesman said he submitted it to Lincoln on Mon 2/23, but that it wouldn’t be “recognized” by Lincoln until this coming Wednesday (3/2). From there he said it might be anywhere from 1-4 weeks to get an allocation (said if any dealer in the are was going to get one it would be them, but he still couldn’t guarantee it). Overall quoted us 12-14 weeks. After reading on this forum I wonder how realistic that even is?

4 minutes ago, Efmnc said:

Ice-capades it was a retail order we placed for a GT. Wrote up the paperwork on Sat 2/21, salesman said he submitted it to Lincoln on Mon 2/23, but that it wouldn’t be “recognized” by Lincoln until this coming Wednesday (3/2). From there he said it might be anywhere from 1-4 weeks to get an allocation (said if any dealer in the are was going to get one it would be them, but he still couldn’t guarantee it). Overall quoted us 12-14 weeks. After reading on this forum I wonder how realistic that even is?

Once an order is placed in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) the Dealer receives the DORA the next morning. Unfortunately, I can't speak to the allocation situation for Lincoln and their production capacity available for the Aviator GT. 

I ordered mine on a Saturday.  After it was configured he submitted the order and printed me a copy of the order summary.  They had the DORA and verified allocation by the following Monday.  The time from order to delivery should be close to normal by now.  Don't know about allocation but they seem to be very limited production so far.  

Edited by CoolScoop

Wow!  From order to allocation in under a week if I’m reading that right?  What does “normal” mean for time from order to delivery?  
the email I got early last week said:

Your order has been submitted but will not be recognized by Lincoln until next Wed. Then we have to wait until they accept the order.  You have nothing to do on your part until Lincoln recognizes the order I will then have the printout for you to review and approve.

Does that seem right?  Will I get a copy of that order?  I just have a carbon copy of the handwritten order. I don’t want to annoy the guy by asking for updates, but also want to make sure I stay in the loop. 

1 hour ago, Efmnc said:

Wow!  From order to allocation in under a week if I’m reading that right?  What does “normal” mean for time from order to delivery?  
the email I got early last week said:

Your order has been submitted but will not be recognized by Lincoln until next Wed. Then we have to wait until they accept the order.  You have nothing to do on your part until Lincoln recognizes the order I will then have the printout for you to review and approve.

Does that seem right?  Will I get a copy of that order?  I just have a carbon copy of the handwritten order. I don’t want to annoy the guy by asking for updates, but also want to make sure I stay in the loop. 

I got a printed copy of the order summary after I watched it being submitted... nothing written.  I ordered last July way before they started production and my dealer already had allocation, he just verified it the next business day (Monday). If you were quoted a 12-14 week delivery that would definitely qualify as normal... mine's been 8 months and it's not here yet ?.  I'm not sure how allocation works for the GT... it can vary by model.

Edited by CoolScoop

Whoa! The dealer made it sound like as soon as they got the allocation the process would move quickly after that. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been waiting so long!  I’m not sure I have the fortitude to stick it out that long, I’ll be tempted to go with an in stock non-GT model if I have to wait even half that long!  Good luck!

40 minutes ago, Efmnc said:

Whoa! The dealer made it sound like as soon as they got the allocation the process would move quickly after that. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been waiting so long!  I’m not sure I have the fortitude to stick it out that long, I’ll be tempted to go with an in stock non-GT model if I have to wait even half that long!  Good luck!

Thanks, mine's finally getting close... good luck with your order and keep us posted!  Blue Diamond is awesome but it's been out for several years on other Lincoln and Ford models so I guess Ford decided its time for a refresh.

10 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

Thanks, mine's finally getting close... good luck with your order and keep us posted!  Blue Diamond is awesome but it's been out for several years on other Lincoln and Ford models so I guess Ford decided its time for a refresh.

The new Blue color will be close to Blue Diamond, it is called infinite blue.  You can see it on the Mach E configurator.

image.thumb.png.2c10777b3bd4dee2f74c0df814c887b5.png

Out of the blue I got an uncontrollable urge to go to Bass Pro and buy some ice fishing gear, plus I haven't been able whistle my whole life but all of the sudden I can. I couldn't figure out what was happening until I checked my long lost Aviator's status and it said "DELIVERED"... yes it finally arrived!!!  No pics yet... more later.

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1