Aviator GT Order

2 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

Out of the blue I got an uncontrollable urge to go to Bass Pro and buy some ice fishing gear, plus I haven't been able whistle my whole life but all of the sudden I can. I couldn't figure out what was happening until I checked my long lost Aviator's status and it said "DELIVERED"... yes it finally arrived!!!  No pics yet... more later.

Congrats, mine has been doing great (knock on wood)  It was worth every minute of waiting.  Hope you like it as much as well.

After just over a month, I finally got down to about 1/4 tank of gas and decided to fill up my Aviator GT.  Mine came with a starting odometer of 53km (33mi) when I picked it up and I was at 1159km (720mi) when filling up.

Here's how the mileage numbers worked out:

- Distance traveled 1106km (687mi)

- Total electric range traveled (as per Trip 1 on info display) 735.9 km (457mi)

- Amount of gas put in at fill up: 54L (14.2 gal)

- Fuel economy 4.89L/100km  (48mpg)

- Total cumulative energy used to date for charging (according to my JuiceBox charger app) 356Kwh

- Gas cost $55 (@ $0.98/L)  Hydro cost $35.60 (@ Off peak rate $0.10/Kwh)

- Total combined cost $90.60

I was doing about 70% city and 30% highway driving and trying to use EV mode as much as possible. Overall not as good as I was hoping but we had a quite a few cold snaps during February in Toronto so engine came on quite often (even in EV mode) and during remote starts to warm up so I'm sure that didn't help.

Still beats the hell out of my previous 2017 MKX which could barely get 450km on a full 72L tank in city driving.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 8:45 PM, mustangchief said:

Congrats, mine has been doing great (knock on wood)  It was worth every minute of waiting.  Hope you like it as much as well.

OMG, we simply weren't prepared for what we saw when we walked into the delivery bay... it was a jaw dropping moment!!  The standard GT has the painted rocker panels and wheel lip moldings like the Black Label, but the lower door inserts and mirror caps are gloss black (instead of chrome) that match the roof pillars giving it a suttle elegance.  Add the blue diamond paint with coordinating blue lettering and it looks stunning!  Pictures do not do the standard GT turbine wheels justice... the "turbine blade" spokes have deep contours and the wheels are beautifully finished and look fantastic in person.  I also like the exposed lug nuts much better than the plastic covers on the Black Labels.  These small but effective details give the standard GT a unique look... and it's gorgeous!

We were surprised again when we opened the doors.  My wife doesn't like tan/brown interiors or any of the Black Label themes and most of our cars have had black interiors, so we wanted someting different this time.  The medium slate is new with the Aviator and a different shade of grey than the other Lincoln models... plus the online pictures are not accurate and Aviators weren't in stock yet when we ordered it.  So we weren't sure if we would like medium slate without seeing it but we took a gamble on it anyway... and we were blown away when we looked inside.  The Standard GT in slate has bright engine turned aluminum trim instead of the mat brushed aluminum in the Reserve with slate or wood in the other colors. The engine turned trim compliments the aluminum speaker grills nicely and the perfect shade of grey with contrasting piano black accents all work well together to create a relaxed luxury feel... IMO, its every bit as elegant inside as any of the Black Label themes but in a more suttle way... like the exterior!

Have only driven it home so far... but fit and finish seem to be great.  I'll post some pics later.  A couple notes of interest... my dealer is a stand alone Lincoln dealer and has been a local sales leader for Navigator and Nautilus, but Aviators are now they're top seller and the Corsair is already doing better than Nautilus. They are giddy about the new Lincoln lineup and can't wait for the next Nautilus!  But even though my GT took so long to get here, it's still the first one they received and it got a lot of attention there.  They haven't received any of the stock units they ordered yet... I wasn't expecting to be the first after the long wait.

Edited by CoolScoop

41 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

OMG, we simply weren't prepared for what we saw when we walked into the delivery bay... it was a jaw dropping moment!!  The standard GT still has the painted rocker panels and wheel lip moldings like the Black Label, but the lower door inserts and mirror caps are gloss black (instead of chrome) that match the roof pillars giving it a suttle elegance.  Add the blue diamond paint with coordinating blue lettering and it looks stunning!  Pictures do not do the standard GT turbine wheels justice... the "turbine blade" spokes have deep contours and the wheels are beautifully finished and look fantastic in person.  I also like the exposed lug nuts much better than the plastic covers on the Black Labels.

We were surprised again when we opened the doors.  My wife doesn't like brown interiors or any of the Black Label themes and most of our cars have had black interiors, so we wanted someting different this time.  The medium slate is new with the Aviator and a different shade of grey than the other Lincoln models... plus the online pictures are not accurate and Aviators weren't in stock yet when we ordered it.  So we weren't sure if we would like medium slate but we took a gamble on it anyway... and we were blown away when we looked inside.  The Standard GT in slate has bright engine turned aluminum trim instead of the mat brushed aluminum in the Reserve with slate or wood in the other colors. The engine turned trim compliments the aluminum speaker grills nicely and the perfect shade of grey with contrasting piano black accents all work well together to create a relaxed luxury feel... IMO, its every bit as elegant inside as any of the Black Label themes but in a more suttle way... like the exterior!

Have only driven it home so far... but fit and finish seem to be great.  I'll post some pics later.  One note of interest... my dealer is a stand alone Lincoln dealer and has been a local sales leader for Navigator and Nautilus, but Aviators are now they're top seller and the Corsair is already doing better than Nautilus. They are giddy about the new Lincoln lineup and can't wait for the next Nautilus!  But even though my GT took so long to get here, it's still the first one they received and it got a lot of attention there.  They haven't received any of the stock units they ordered yet... I wasn't expecting to be the first after the long wait.

Congrats on the new Aviator GT! 

It seems like Blue Diamond is a popular exterior choice for us in GT crowd, but I can't wait for pics to see the of the slate interior I have not seen one yet.  Our dealer only stocks black on black and white on black Aviators. 

I had the same experience when my GT showed up, all the dealer staff and even other customers were hovering around taking pictures of it they had never seen a GT or a blue diamond Aviator before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rampagex7 said:

I had the same experience when my GT showed up, all the dealer staff and even other customers were hovering around taking pictures of it they had never seen a GT or a blue diamond Aviator before.

Maybe yours was their first GT too. The Reserve's in blue diamond have a very different look because of all the grey plastic around the bottom and different wheels and trim.  The Black Label blue is flight blue and even though it's an extra cost paint, I don't like it nearly as well as blue diamond.

Edited by CoolScoop

9 hours ago, rampagex7 said:

Congrats on the new Aviator GT! 

It seems like Blue Diamond is a popular exterior choice for us in GT crowd, but I can't wait for pics to see the of the slate interior I have not seen one yet.  Our dealer only stocks black on black and white on black Aviators. 

Glad to hear it made it home.  I did my first pure ev run today   It is a lot of fun checking out all the features and discovering new ones.  Finally got my charging outlet in this morning so no more trips to the Tesla station.  

616E32E0-A5A3-4E36-8259-AA0E5549EBF7.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

Maybe yours was their first GT too. The Reserve's in blue diamond have a very different look because of all the grey plastic around the bottom and different wheels and trim.  The Black Label blue is flight blue and even though it's an extra cost paint, I don't like it nearly as well as blue diamond.

The dealer I ordered mine from just got in their first retail GT, they are asking 2500 over sticker because they haven't had another scheduled.  They already think they sold it, someone is coming from 300 miles away to look at it.  It is black on black, it looks nice, but will need some blackout to make it really cool.  Mine still shows up on cars . com and they are going nuts because they get two or three calls a day, and dozens of e-lead clicks a day.  They tried to order one identical, but could no longer get the Blue Diamond.  

19 minutes ago, mustangchief said:

The dealer I ordered mine from just got in their first retail GT, they are asking 2500 over sticker because they haven't had another scheduled.  They already think they sold it, someone is coming from 300 miles away to look at it.  It is black on black, it looks nice, but will need some blackout to make it really cool.  Mine still shows up on cars . com and they are going nuts because they get two or three calls a day, and dozens of e-lead clicks a day.  They tried to order one identical, but could no longer get the Blue Diamond.  

Your Dealer may be leaving it listed on Cars.com just to generate new leads. 

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer may be leaving it listed on Cars.com just to generate new leads. 

Mine was never listed anywhere for some reason, not even on the dealers website... I'm guessing thats why the window sticker disappeared after it was first released and didn't reappear until after it shipped.  Now tracking is gone but the window sticker is still working.

Edited by CoolScoop

6 hours ago, mustangchief said:

It is a lot of fun checking out all the features and discovering new ones.  Finally got my charging outlet in this morning so no more trips to the Tesla station.  

There's so many new features we have to go back for a two hour training session to learn how to set up and use them, lol... but that time includes the rear seat entertainment system.  I don't have a dedicated 240v outlet in the garage yet so I removed the 240v adapter from the charging cable that came with the Aviator and charged it from a 120v outlet.  But it took over 10 hours to fully charge it from empty on 120v, so I'll definetly need to install a 240v outlet.  Might even consider getting a charging station at some point!

Edited by CoolScoop

2 hours ago, Efmnc said:

I know I’ve seen talk on here about tracking an order once you have a VIN, but is there a way to track it with just your order number?  Feeling a bit in the dark from our dealer, they’ve been very hands off. 

Without a vin I believe you need the order number and the dealer number for either Lincoln Concierge or Cyberdman to check status.

Edited by CoolScoop

Glad everyone is starting to get their GTs. The one I pre-ordered is still MIA; however, there is a dealer about 30 miles away that is about to get one in and is built exactly like my pre-order so I'm going to go check it out when it arrives. 

General question: after reading through the last page or two of posts it seems like there are significant software updates that need to be installed on the Aviators. Can someone give list the specific names/versions of the updates and explain how to verify they are or are not installed? 

Edited by AUPilot08

27 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

Without a vin I believe you need the order number and the dealer number for either Lincoln Concierge or Cyberdman to check status.

I think I have both the order number and the dealer order. Can’t get anyone via chat on Lincoln concierge and haven’t had a chance to try calling. What is cyberdman?  Wish I felt like my dealer was giving me the info. 

2 hours ago, Efmnc said:

I think I have both the order number and the dealer order. Can’t get anyone via chat on Lincoln concierge and haven’t had a chance to try calling. What is cyberdman?  Wish I felt like my dealer was giving me the info. 

Cyberdman runs the vehicle locator thread for this forum... go to the thread and READ THE RULES first.  Then give him the dealer and order numbers and politely ask him for a status update.  If he finds your order in the system he'll even be able to give you the vin when its available.  I could never get chat to work either so call the toll free number.  You might get a general Ford customer service rep first, if so ask to talk to a Lincoln concierge.  I would try cyberdman first, concierge just had very basic tracking info if any.

Edited by CoolScoop

I haven't noticed any problems so far, except mine makes a fairly loud rapid clicking sound while its on and in park.  I can only hear if I get out while it's on and can't hear it at all from inside.  Has anyone ever else noticed thIs... its probably a normal noise but want to make sure.

On 3/6/2020 at 8:53 PM, rampagex7 said:

After just over a month, I finally got down to about 1/4 tank of gas and decided to fill up my Aviator GT.  Mine came with a starting odometer of 53km (33mi) when I picked it up and I was at 1159km (720mi) when filling up.

Here's how the mileage numbers worked out:

- Distance traveled 1106km (687mi)

- Total electric range traveled (as per Trip 1 on info display) 735.9 km (457mi)

- Amount of gas put in at fill up: 54L (14.2 gal)

- Fuel economy 4.89L/100km  (48mpg)

- Total cumulative energy used to date for charging (according to my JuiceBox charger app) 356Kwh

- Gas cost $55 (@ $0.98/L)  Hydro cost $35.60 (@ Off peak rate $0.10/Kwh)

- Total combined cost $90.60

I was doing about 70% city and 30% highway driving and trying to use EV mode as much as possible. Overall not as good as I was hoping but we had a quite a few cold snaps during February in Toronto so engine came on quite often (even in EV mode) and during remote starts to warm up so I'm sure that didn't help.

Still beats the hell out of my previous 2017 MKX which could barely get 450km on a full 72L tank in city driving.

I think you may be oversimplifying your electricity cost. Have you attempted to calculate a ‘blended’ rate after factoring in delivery, taxes, etc?  I have a gas Aviator but am considering replacing my MKS EcoBoost with a Fusion Energi or other plug-in and one of these days I’m going to input a year or so of hydro invoices to generate an actual unit cost for electricity to see if it makes financial sense to go in that direction. At least most of our electricity is generated without the use of fossil fuels here in Ontario. 

Plus, the cost of the charger and electrician cost (and ESA permit fee) must also be factored in. 

4 hours ago, Professor1234 said:

I think you may be oversimplifying your electricity cost. Have you attempted to calculate a ‘blended’ rate after factoring in delivery, taxes, etc?  I have a gas Aviator but am considering replacing my MKS EcoBoost with a Fusion Energi or other plug-in and one of these days I’m going to input a year or so of hydro invoices to generate an actual unit cost for electricity to see if it makes financial sense to go in that direction. At least most of our electricity is generated without the use of fossil fuels here in Ontario. 

Plus, the cost of the charger and electrician cost (and ESA permit fee) must also be factored in. 

No actually, I'm not oversimplifying the hydro cost at all.  My JuiceBox charger has built in software and app that constantly monitors the charging voltage and current tot he vehicle and calculates the EXACT amount of Kwh used (including losses based on actual EVSE efficiency).  The JuiceNet app and software also gives you consumption charts, historical usage graphs, etc. to track your hydro consumption and it will track multiple vehicles using the same charger to keep track of the hydro usage separately per vehicle.  Plus I programmed charger software so that it will ONLY charge the vehicle during off-peak hours (from 7pm-7am) so that the hydro rate is cheaper @ $0.10/Kwh (not including Ontario 8% provinical rebate on your bill).

I don't think it's appropriate to include the upfront cost of the charger in the ongoing hydro consumption calculations because that's technically an addition/appliance to my home (like buying a stove or fridge).

I also have a 2019 Fusion Energi PHEV as a company car at work and I will admit the efficiency is phenomenal.  To date we've clocked about 7800km on the car and are only on our 5th tank of gas.  Our total amount of gas put in to date 209L, total hydro usage 668Kwh and total combined cost of both gas and hydro is about $330. 

8 hours ago, AUPilot08 said:

Glad everyone is starting to get their GTs. The one I pre-ordered is still MIA; however, there is a dealer about 30 miles away that is about to get one in and is built exactly like my pre-order so I'm going to go check it out when it arrives. 

General question: after reading through the last page or two of posts it seems like there are significant software updates that need to be installed on the Aviators. Can someone give list the specific names/versions of the updates and explain how to verify they are or are not installed? 

When I had my GT in the dealer on Wednesday I begged them to tell me what the major update was and they refused.  But whatever it was it can only be done by the dealer using their scanner tools and it took over 4 hours.

15 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

I haven't noticed any problems so far, except mine makes a fairly loud rapid clicking sound while its on and in park.  I can only hear if I get out while it's on and can't hear it at all from inside.  Has anyone ever else noticed thIs... its probably a normal noise but want to make sure.

It is the relays and air suspension making adjustments, mine clicks a lot until it settles in.  

On 3/8/2020 at 11:42 AM, AUPilot08 said:

The one I pre-ordered is still MIA; however, there is a dealer about 30 miles away that is about to get one in and is built exactly like my pre-order so I'm going to go check it out when it arrives. 

Small, but exciting update! The other dealer has agreed to reserve their order for me so I have abandoned my 5/25/2019 pre-order... may it rest in peace. The new order has a VIN and an "in production" date of 3/2. There was also another date of 3/13 listed somewhere on the screen, but no one seemed sure of what it meant so they told me to call back on 3/16 to see if there was any new information. Anyone care to take a guess at what the 3/13 date is? Regardless, super excited this order process is finally moving along!

Edited by AUPilot08

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 11:54 PM, mustangchief said:

Glad to hear it made it home.  I did my first pure ev run today   It is a lot of fun checking out all the features and discovering new ones.  Finally got my charging outlet in this morning so no more trips to the Tesla station.  

616E32E0-A5A3-4E36-8259-AA0E5549EBF7.jpeg

14 minutes ago, wjwolf said:

Nice set up...we have a Blue Diamond GT and should be receiving in 3 weeks or so. Can you share the max amp rating requirement for the 240 volt circuit?

Appreciate the help here.....

The tag on the oem charging cable says 120-240v, 12-16a... I'm installing a 240v 20a breaker and outlet.  Manual says to use a dedicated circuit.  I removed the 240v adapter and have been charging it on 120v so far, but it takes a lot longer.  The cable comes with a storage big to keep in the car, so it's nice having the 120 option when 240 isn't available.

Another Blue Diamond... welcome to the club!!!

Edited by CoolScoop