Aviator GT Order

CoolScoop,

I'm curious if you've set up the PAAK on your GT yet and have had any issues?  Mine has been working great for a week now after the dealer software update, since yours is newer hopefully you got the newer software at the factory.

Does your HUD show both the EV and gas DTE range?  Or is it just the gas range?

11 hours ago, rampagex7 said:

CoolScoop,

I'm curious if you've set up the PAAK on your GT yet and have had any issues?  Mine has been working great for a week now after the dealer software update, since yours is newer hopefully you got the newer software at the factory.

Does your HUD show both the EV and gas DTE range?  Or is it just the gas range?

We haven't set up PAAK yet.  It must not be showing EV range because I don't remember seeing it... I forgot about that being an issue so I never checked for it.  Being produced on Dec 5, it's actually an early build that took a long time to ship, so the only way it would have the new software update is if they reflashed it before shipment or before delivery.  The dealer never mentioned it. Does the Lincoln app tell when an update is available?  How did you find out yours needed the update?

Edited by CoolScoop

15 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

You should get the VIN whenever its scheduled.  That usually happens on a Thursday.  You'll probably be scheduled fairly soon since Blue Diamond is being balanced out early:

2020 LINCOLN AVIATOR

• Magnetic Metallic (J7) - 05/24/2020 - Balance Out Date

Is magnetic metallic the same as blue diamond? They have a different code. 

52 minutes ago, Efmnc said:

Is magnetic metallic the same as blue diamond? They have a different code. 

Oh... sorry!   I copied in the wrong thing, it should have been:  EARLY BALANCE OUT PAINTS - FINAL ORDERS DUE 02/27/2020: Crystal Copper (B6); Blue Diamond (FT)

These two colors are being discontinued a little early this MY and Infinite Blue will replace Blue Diamond for 2021.  It looks like you ordered yours just in time to get Blue Diamond!  From what I've seen on the Mach-E, Infinite Blue will be a tinted clearcoat paint costing $400 more, but it looks more like a grayish blue to me.  The GT looks awesome in Blue Diamond!!!  Since theses colors are being balanced out early, yours will be scheduled to be built before Blue Diamond is discontinued.

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

We haven't set up PAAK yet.  It must not be showing EV range because I don't remember seeing it... I forgot about that being an issue so I never checked for it.  Being produced on Dec 5, it's actually an early build that took a long time to ship, so the only way it would have the new software update is if they reflashed it before shipment or before delivery.  The dealer never mentioned it. Does the Lincoln app tell when an update is available?  How did you find out yours needed the update?

I found out about the update after my PAAK stopped working completely and I had to bring it to the dealer to be fixed.  The dealer contacted Lincoln Canada and then mentioned they had to hook it up to their scanner to download a massive software update which took 4 hours.  I'm pretty sure it's not a simple update of the Sync 3 system that can be done over wifi or downloading to a USB drive.  They would not give any details on what this update was called, version or anything.  The Lincoln app doesn't say anything about the vehicle software needing an update, only if the app itself needs to be updated.  Mine was produced Dec 1 so yours may have the older software same as mine.

I showed the issue with the HUD missing the EV range to the dealer and they brought their Lincoln Canada rep out to see it and take photos to document the issue.  Apparently they are "looking into it" and advised it will likely be fixed with a future software update.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/22/2020 at 6:48 AM, mustangchief said:

It did not show up, I did not try it in all electric mode as I was out of juice.  

Hi, I just received my GT and I have the same problem : no EV miles in the HUD , I tried in every mode with 22 EV miles to go, any clue ?

On 3/12/2020 at 5:33 PM, rampagex7 said:

I found out about the update after my PAAK stopped working completely and I had to bring it to the dealer to be fixed.  The dealer contacted Lincoln Canada and then mentioned they had to hook it up to their scanner to download a massive software update which took 4 hours.  I'm pretty sure it's not a simple update of the Sync 3 system that can be done over wifi or downloading to a USB drive.  They would not give any details on what this update was called, version or anything.  The Lincoln app doesn't say anything about the vehicle software needing an update, only if the app itself needs to be updated.  Mine was produced Dec 1 so yours may have the older software same as mine.

I showed the issue with the HUD missing the EV range to the dealer and they brought their Lincoln Canada rep out to see it and take photos to document the issue.  Apparently they are "looking into it" and advised it will likely be fixed with a future software update.

Well it's October first 2020 and the problem is still pending : no EV range in the HUD

On 10/1/2020 at 8:12 PM, Froggie said:

Well it's October first 2020 and the problem is still pending : no EV range in the HUD

I haven't got an update from the dealer on this in a while.  I just hit about 11,000km on mine and will be bringing it in to the dealer for an oil change soon, I'm going to bug them about the issue with the HUD and not showing the EV range again.  My guess is that the issue probably got sidetracked because of COVID and fell through the cracks.  Nobody does anything these days unless you keep on their case about it.

On 10/5/2020 at 6:18 PM, rampagex7 said:

I haven't got an update from the dealer on this in a while.  I just hit about 11,000km on mine and will be bringing it in to the dealer for an oil change soon, I'm going to bug them about the issue with the HUD and not showing the EV range again.  My guess is that the issue probably got sidetracked because of COVID and fell through the cracks.  Nobody does anything these days unless you keep on their case about it.

You right about that . I found other glitches like PAAK doesn't work smoothly  and also how the DTE is calculated is puzzling me : I had 360 miles with a full tank and a 32.1 mpg ????!!!!! I will soon pay a visit to the dealer and I'll keep you posted.