2020 Transit Order Guide

ice-capades

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Anybody else try to use the Build & Price on a 2020 Transit, and not seeing the AWD option on any of them?

HRG

The Build & Price for the 2020 Transit is loaded with errors and problems, which is expected as that's the case sometimes when they put up all-new vehicle info. The errors would usually be resolved in a week or two from what I seen with other vehicles in the past. I also could not find AWD option however, I may have found a get-around to that. With sliding side door now standard on Transit low roof passenger van with the 60/40 barn doors as option, it was odd for me to see a sliding side door listed as option. I figured perhaps power-sliding door. I selected that option was shocked to see a rise of price to over $4,000. I figured that's the actual AWD option as the wheel style also changed. The wheel style that changed is used for the all wheel drive system though the Build & Price site doesn't actually say that. So my guess is try to click the 'optional' sliding side door and watch the retail price jump to over $4,000 and that's pretty much the AWD system. I figured this out last week and surprised they hadn't even gone in there and fixed it by now. Any others see what I'm talking about?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

The Build & Price for the 2020 Transit is loaded with errors and problems, which is expected as that's the case sometimes when they put up all-new vehicle info. The errors would usually be resolved in a week or two from what I seen with other vehicles in the past. I also could not find AWD option however, I may have found a get-around to that. With sliding side door now standard on Transit low roof passenger van with the 60/40 barn doors as option, it was odd for me to see a sliding side door listed as option. I figured perhaps power-sliding door. I selected that option was shocked to see a rise of price to over $4,000. I figured that's the actual AWD option as the wheel style also changed. The wheel style that changed is used for the all wheel drive system though the Build & Price site doesn't actually say that. So my guess is try to click the 'optional' sliding side door and watch the retail price jump to over $4,000 and that's pretty much the AWD system. I figured this out last week and surprised they hadn't even gone in there and fixed it by now. Any others see what I'm talking about?

So it appears that the AWD version uses the same front wheels as the DRW version. So the "optional" sliding door probably extends out to clear the wheels on the AWD model, so by selecting it, you get AWD too. Nice catch!

• Like 1