Bronco....PICKUP?

It's kinda funny how the cards fell, the bronco came to be originally conceived as to tag along on the Ranger platform, but now (at least in US) the Bronco will debut the new updated platform.

Perhaps it's time to start referring to it as the Bronco platform ? ?

8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

2023 according to deeper insiders 

Remember, we were all told the Bronco would be here a year after Ranger. 8 months later and we still haven't even seen prototype spy shots. 

Since current Ranger was requested now, it will probably run longer and maybe 9-12 months after  NG Global Ranger...
If indeed there is a Bronco Pick Up, then it would be a late inclusion and not necessarily part of originally planned project,
maybe something handled by or at least project managed by North America (cough, Bronco Raptor)

The cut up Colorado mule was interesting but I question the wisdom of leaping to that being a Bronco whatever
based on a Watts Link SRA...when clearly that mule has five wheel lugs, not six like T6 vehicles.
Is GM planning something on perhaps RWD Unitary?

14 hours ago, NLPRacing said:

Untitled.jpg.85e0f7094ae9b5534cccb55fd7279041.jpg

He also tweeted that truck news coming later this week (be funny if it's announced Thursday as a way to deflect from the new Corvette reveal. :) ). So I'm guessing it's announcement of whatever that truck is in the video that was posted. Looks odd to see cab with a very tiny bed for a unibody pickup if that's what it is. The sketches shown in the video shows that the vehicle will have F-150's door with how the mirror is placed and the lower window line slopes down towards the mirror. I thought the upcoming unibody pickup would be 4-door with pickup bed (Escape-based) but 2-door as shown under sheet is surprising to me. Possibly something entirely different as I couldn't understand the audio in the video as it was coming garbled to me on my computer.

4 hours ago, probowler said:

It's kinda funny how the cards fell, the bronco came to be originally conceived as to tag along on the Ranger platform, but now (at least in US) the Bronco will debut the new updated platform.

Perhaps it's time to start referring to it as the Bronco platform ? ?

They still go hand in hand. Without Ranger coming here, we wouldn't have Bronco. 

5 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

He also tweeted that truck news coming later this week (be funny if it's announced Thursday as a way to deflect from the new Corvette reveal. :) ). So I'm guessing it's announcement of whatever that truck is in the video that was posted. Looks odd to see cab with a very tiny bed for a unibody pickup if that's what it is. The sketches shown in the video shows that the vehicle will have F-150's door with how the mirror is placed and the lower window line slopes down towards the mirror. I thought the upcoming unibody pickup would be 4-door with pickup bed (Escape-based) but 2-door as shown under sheet is surprising to me. Possibly something entirely different as I couldn't understand the audio in the video as it was coming garbled to me on my computer.

It's an emoji.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

It's an emoji.

Yeah I just now got online and saw it's an emoji announcement. While I do like the pickup truck emoji being a Ford, it's a bit of letdown the way Mike tweeted yesterday as if a real pickup news was coming. I know there are more real news and reveals coming soon though hopefully sometime this year.

35 minutes ago, akirby said:

Here we go again.

Mike's sense of humor seems to be lost on some folks.

Not everyone knows who Mike is and his humor. I only recently found his Twitter and follow his posts (I don't have Twitter but do have his twitter page in my browser favorites and check from time to time) late last year. Sometimes he would give a heads up of an announcement and be serious and other times with the humor as you mentioned. I also have mild Asperger's Syndrome so do have at times a hard time determining whether or not someone is being serious or 'sarcastic' like Sheldon Cooper character on "The Big Bang Theory". The fact that he said there was exciting pickup news for those who wanted smaller truck than Ranger and surprised of no spy shots came across as serious since he had a lack of smilie face emoticon. You said it yourself, 'here we go again'... It must say a lot if many people get confused with whether or not he's serious or humorous. I'm not the only one it seems to be confused.

Regardless, it is neat to see F-150 being used as emoji - the only pickup emoji, that is - even though I don't use emojis when I type online. I do know there are real truck news coming so it's not really a big disappointment though.

Edited by pffan1990
Added final paragraph

I don't get the outrage.  You could tell from the photos Mike tweeted out that it was something fake/not real.  Obnoxious computer-generated looking colors on that "factory" picture; bizarre/unrealistic proportions of the "vehicle" under the tarp, etc.  At most, it would've been some sort of kids toy.

On 7/18/2019 at 9:17 AM, rmc523 said:

I don't get the outrage.  You could tell from the photos Mike tweeted out that it was something fake/not real.  Obnoxious computer-generated looking colors on that "factory" picture; bizarre/unrealistic proportions of the "vehicle" under the tarp, etc.  At most, it would've been some sort of kids toy.

Eh, it's the age of outrage. Some people just aren't happy unless they're bitching.