Oldie but a Goodie!

My buddy had this 1998 F150 3 Door 4x4 in his oversized garage (along with two other daily drivers).  It had been very well maintained, and preserved.  He was driving it about 4-5k miles a year doing chores etc.  About 3 years ago I told him, when you downsize, and are ready to let her go, give me first dibs.  Patience pays off, he calls me last month and said he sold his gigantic house and acreage, and he and his wife (kids now adults and out on their own) are finally moving to a much smaller property.  He told me if I took it "as is", it would be a great deal.  We went through the stuff that needed to be fixed and most were things I could do myself (I may have a question or two for Fordtech1).  I saved him the trouble of having to have certain things fixed that a potential buyer would bicker over, so it was win-win.  I grabbed it at a really great price, and now she is mine.  While everyone, including myself, wants a new truck, I think it will be fun using this for my truck chores and keeping it running great and road worthy.  I told all my friends; "...I wouldn't buy any old used truck, but this one was one in million..."

He is an Air Force Veteran, that explains the color scheme.  It is really quite nice in today's black and white world.

1998 Ford F150.JPG

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 14

Nice ride! 98 was NPI heads and aluminum intakes. Not the quickest, but dead reliable if you do even a half ass job of maintaining it. There is a reason that lots of the guys I work with have tenth gens or lament giving theirs up for newer ones. I won't give mine up until the midwest salt and sand claim it.  

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 4:43 PM, jniffen said:

Planning to do much to it?
For example, rims and tires etc.

Nope!  Just keep it stock.  I have added a nice tonneau this week.  It would be fun to build it out a bit, but if I budgeted to remodel my old truck before some remodel in the old house my wife would not be too happy!

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 1